Re: 49ers regular season game notes 

Post#721 » by Bald Bull » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Read on Twitter
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 961

Post#722 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:57 pm

This draft is looking better than I anticipated at the time. A lot still hinges on McGlinchey being able to transition to LT at some point, and I'm not entirely sold on that, but he's already a very good RT. Pettis is showing nicely, Warner has been great, and we've got some interesting pieces from the later rounds.

Part of me is actually happy that Witherspoon will be out the last two weeks and we'll get to see some of Moore. His development is a huge question in terms of our needs going into this year's draft. If he's showing signs of developing at CB, it makes that position slightly less of a glaring need (as it stands now, I think we've got to consider it our biggest need behind edge rusher).
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#723 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:This draft is looking better than I anticipated at the time. A lot still hinges on McGlinchey being able to transition to LT at some point, and I'm not entirely sold on that, but he's already a very good RT. Pettis is showing nicely, Warner has been great, and we've got some interesting pieces from the later rounds.

Part of me is actually happy that Witherspoon will be out the last two weeks and we'll get to see some of Moore. His development is a huge question in terms of our needs going into this year's draft. If he's showing signs of developing at CB, it makes that position slightly less of a glaring need (as it stands now, I think we've got to consider it our biggest need behind edge rusher).

I had cornerback at No #2 after edge rusher. I also like DJ Reed at the slot cornerback position. He seems to be playing well there, his natural position having played there at college
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#724 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:This draft is looking better than I anticipated at the time. A lot still hinges on McGlinchey being able to transition to LT at some point, and I'm not entirely sold on that, but he's already a very good RT. Pettis is showing nicely, Warner has been great, and we've got some interesting pieces from the later rounds.

I had cornerback at No #2 after edge rusher. I also like DJ Reed at the slot cornerback position. He seems to be playing well there, his natural position having played there at college

I thought Reed played outside in college. He has been doing well at slot, regardless. If nothing else, these past few games and two upcoming games are giving us a chance to look at some young players.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#725 » by Bald Bull » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Not bad for someone who doesn't belong in the league. :wink:
Read on Twitter
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#726 » by NinerSickness » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Bald Bull wrote:Not bad for someone who doesn't belong in the league. :wink:
Read on Twitter

I think this is a pretty good example of why total passing yards is a statistic all informed NFL fans should completely disregard as meaningful.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#727 » by Bald Bull » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:35 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think this is a pretty good example of why total passing yards is a statistic all informed NFL fans should completely disregard as meaningful.

:lift: you have to at least admit Big Dick Nick has exceeded everyones expectations.

64 comp% 10 TD 6 INT 8.6 y/a 13.4 y/c 96 QB rating.

give BDN some credit!
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#728 » by NinerSickness » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:19 am

Bald Bull wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lift: you have to at least admit Big Dick Nick has exceeded everyones expectations.

give BDN some credit!

You're right. He's better than not even belonging in the NFL, so he's exceeded expectations. But I'm not getting excited about JT O'sullivan / Torry Smith / Shaun Hill / Tim Rattay 100 point oh.

Last year, people were saying that Beathard looked pretty good, and the guy is hot garbage.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#729 » by Bald Bull » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:49 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

give BDN some credit!

You're right. He's better than not even belonging in the NFL, so he's exceeded expectations. But I'm not getting excited about JT O'sullivan / Torry Smith / Shaun Hill / Tim Rattay 100 point oh.

Last year, people were saying that Beathard looked pretty good, and the guy is hot garbage.

JTO and Smith are weak comparisons. Rattay and Hill aren't as far off, but my boy big dick nick has out played every single one of them. You're not giving him the credit he deserves. And you might be mistaken my sarcastically calling beathard GOAT, HOF and CJ Montana seriously, but i don't remember much love for CJ, i remember fans cheering when he got hurt and Jimmy came in.

anyway, compare BDN with the other QBs you listed. He is beating them in literally every possible category.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#730 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:49 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

give BDN some credit!

I do think people liked Beathard immediately after he started in place of Hoyer but not so much after he played a few games. There are always a small percentage of fans that get carried away, but having wade through all the comments out there I think most 49er fans see Mullens only as a good backup option to Jimmy G. which I think he could be
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#731 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:50 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

I thought Reed played outside in college. He has been doing well at slot, regardless. If nothing else, these past few games and two upcoming games are giving us a chance to look at some young players.

IDK, I read somewhere on the internet that was his natural position.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#732 » by Bald Bull » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Read on Twitter

I hope breida's health problems where a matter of never letting it heal properly and not just a case of him being made of glass. hopefully after a full recovery he'll be able to stay on the field more in the future, because he so damn explosive when healthy.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#733 » by Bald Bull » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:49 pm

wrong thread
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#734 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter

His first known longer term injury as a college or pro athlete.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#735 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:I'll eat crow on Pettis. He's been much better than I anticipated. I'm still concerned about his ability to stay on the field for a full season, but it's clear that his change-of-direction and route-running abilities are special. When I watched the college tape, I didn't see that - possibly because college highlight tapes aren't good at showing a receiver's full route. I really hope he can keep it up. Though if Harold Landry pans out as an edge rusher, I'll still be somewhat dissatisfied with the Pettis pick.

I was looking over the 2018 draft and remembered that we gave up a 3rd round pick to move up for Pettis. I was thinking it was a fourth rounder for some reason. That's a big part of why I hated the pick. I'm pretty confident Pettis would have been there at 59, and I was shocked we traded up for him. If he pans out as a consistent 1,000-yard receiver, okay. But man, it would have been nice to have three picks in that third round and Pettis....
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#736 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:27 pm

Time to get this started. Week one of the regular season is here and Jimmy Ward is already injured and might miss the first game. That sure didn't take long.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#737 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Sep 6, 2019 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#738 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Sep 6, 2019 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter