49ers regular season game notes

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Re: 49ers regular season game notes 

Post#81 » by I_am_1z » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:12 am

ChrisPozz wrote:Eric Branch:

#49ers LB Ahmad Brooks on scene at Levi’s: “I couldn’t believe it. I was like there’s more Dallas Cowboys fans than there are 49ers fans.”

He's been a Niner for 9 years; he should be used to the (there's a lot of words I'd like to use here) fan base.

Nah, I know what he meant, though. It was just lazy wording he used.

What do you mean? This is a proud fanbase through thick and thin.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#82 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:23 am

I_am_1z wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:Eric Branch:

#49ers LB Ahmad Brooks on scene at Levi’s: “I couldn’t believe it. I was like there’s more Dallas Cowboys fans than there are 49ers fans.”

He's been a Niner for 9 years; he should be used to the (there's a lot of words I'd like to use here) fan base.

Nah, I know what he meant, though. It was just lazy wording he used.

What do you mean? This is a proud fanbase through thick and thin.

Their actions, emotions, and overall knowledge of the game leaves a lot to be desired in comparison to a number (not all) of the other fan bases in the NFL, in my opinion.

In the very unscientific way of compiling all this stuff, you'd have a very difficult time finding anybody that follows that stuff that thinks the 49ers have a top or even mediocre fan base in several meaningful categories. Especially if you want to lump them into the group of traditional franchises with rich history exclusively. Then it looks even worse.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#83 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:35 am

Jeff Deeney:

NaVorro Bowman was looking closer to his old self in 2016. Ranked 5th among ILBs vs. run & above avg in coverage where he struggled in '15.

I'd love for there to be a stat called erasers. Number of mistakes erased due to your presence on the field. Obviously there'd NEVER be a realistic correct way to measure that league wide, but if you could, I would bet a healthy Bowman would be up near the top every single season.

From a coaching perspective, coming from a coaching family. The last hour or so I've been thinking about what this does to a guy like Jim O'Neil and his future prospects. Was never the biggest fan of his make up but thinking just how this alters his future. How it can and will affect the young guys on the DL and how it'll mold them into whatever they're going to be. I don't quite worry as much about some of the secondary guys because a higher percentage of them I think will and should be gone.

It's just sad more than anything else what it does to so many people outside of getting into what it means for the guy's life outside of football.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#84 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:43 am

ChrisPozz wrote:Dez Bryant has missed meetings or been late 7-8 times this year

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17692664/dallas-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-shows-pattern-irresponsible-behavior?sf37654968=1

A couple of the board members who have seen my posts over the years on various boards probably know by now I don't have a lot of fan tolerance for a lot of stupid junk that is so common in today's game. I'm more irritated with more actions than most people are these days. I don't have a hard time criticizing any stupid decision I see in sports.

However, Dez was always one of those kids I hoped could turn his life around even though he became a Cowboy. I had tremendous expectations for his career and what I thought he could do in the league if he just stayed clean. This right here is about as bad as anything I've seen in his background, though. I don't really root for his on the field work any more because he's a Cowboy but I'd like to see him grow up off it but this is beyond maddening because it's so avoidable.

And what makes it worse is Randy Moss' excuse making for it this morning. I don't have the clip of it but if you can find his rant on it, go watch it. I never was able to stand Randy for similar reasons and now he's getting paid to continue to be stupid. That's a whole other rant in itself.

Alex Flanagan:

I asked Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant after Dallas' game about reports he's missed up to 40 team meetings over the past few years. Here is what he told Me...

"Oh man, it’s just crazy. You know, like I said before, I got to be America’s most hated, you know. We don’t even know who is saying it, you know, that’s the crazy part about it. You know, I get messages from my friends talking about ‘what is this crazy?’ because it is crazy. Twenty to forty meetings? Tell me when? Tell me please. Tell me. At the same time, I’m not going to lose focus on some he said, she said. We don’t even know who said it to be honest. Because I know exactly what we have been building in this organization. It’s totally different, not like in the past. Like I said, you see me as a man, I owned up to mine. And that’s exactly what I’m going to keep on doing. I refuse to let any of this crazy crap take me off from what we are trying to build here. If I was never injured, none of this stuff would be said. And at the same time, whoever said it, they got a name, they would have to put themselves out there, And you know they didn’t, so they can take that s--- and go on back to business.”

Would love to see the breakdown between those that believe it's closer to what the source said or the ones that believe it's closer to Dez's account. At this point I know which way I lean. His answer isn't even that good if you were hoping for a matured Dez IMO.

And the dumbest part about it is, he's STILL one of the extremely rare exceptions I'd probably make and want to take on if I had the chance.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#85 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Oct 3, 2016 4:29 am

Achilles tear for Bow? That was the sense I got when I saw how it happened and watched him grab at his ankle going down. That would be brutal. Really hope, for his sake and the Niners' sake, that it's not the case.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#86 » by NinerSickness » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:35 am

If you're gonna tear your achilles, you might as well do it early in the season.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#87 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Oct 3, 2016 5:06 pm

True, and there's a chance he's back and fine for next season. Just brutal to see him go down like that. Makes me feel a little bit better about tearing my Achilles in almost the exact same fashion - granted in a flag football game.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#88 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 6:59 pm

Matt Barrows:

CB Jimmie Ward walking without a limp. Initial fear one week ago was that he tore his quad. Turned out to be a strain.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#89 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:17 pm

Rand Getlin:

#49ers rookie defensive lineman DeForest Buckner earned one QB hit and three QB hurries on 35 pass rushes yesterday (per PFF).44

He earned a 82.3 grade from them, 2nd best yesterday behind Rashard Robinson (92.3). Dial, Bowman, then Carradine had the next 3 highest grades. Robinson was their 8th best player overall in the league in their top 10 players from yesterday list.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#90 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:29 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:Dez Bryant has missed meetings or been late 7-8 times this year

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17692664/dallas-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-shows-pattern-irresponsible-behavior?sf37654968=1

A couple of the board members who have seen my posts over the years on various boards probably know by now I don't have a lot of fan tolerance for a lot of stupid junk that is so common in today's game. I'm more irritated with more actions than most people are these days. I don't have a hard time criticizing any stupid decision I see in sports.

However, Dez was always one of those kids I hoped could turn his life around even though he became a Cowboy. I had tremendous expectations for his career and what I thought he could do in the league if he just stayed clean. This right here is about as bad as anything I've seen in his background, though. I don't really root for his on the field work any more because he's a Cowboy but I'd like to see him grow up off it but this is beyond maddening because it's so avoidable.

And what makes it worse is Randy Moss' excuse making for it this morning. I don't have the clip of it but if you can find his rant on it, go watch it. I never was able to stand Randy for similar reasons and now he's getting paid to continue to be stupid. That's a whole other rant in itself.

Alex Flanagan:

I asked Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant after Dallas' game about reports he's missed up to 40 team meetings over the past few years. Here is what he told Me...

"Oh man, it’s just crazy. You know, like I said before, I got to be America’s most hated, you know. We don’t even know who is saying it, you know, that’s the crazy part about it. You know, I get messages from my friends talking about ‘what is this crazy?’ because it is crazy. Twenty to forty meetings? Tell me when? Tell me please. Tell me. At the same time, I’m not going to lose focus on some he said, she said. We don’t even know who said it to be honest. Because I know exactly what we have been building in this organization. It’s totally different, not like in the past. Like I said, you see me as a man, I owned up to mine. And that’s exactly what I’m going to keep on doing. I refuse to let any of this crazy crap take me off from what we are trying to build here. If I was never injured, none of this stuff would be said. And at the same time, whoever said it, they got a name, they would have to put themselves out there, And you know they didn’t, so they can take that s--- and go on back to business.”

Would love to see the breakdown between those that believe it's closer to what the source said or the ones that believe it's closer to Dez's account. At this point I know which way I lean. His answer isn't even that good if you were hoping for a matured Dez IMO.

And the dumbest part about it is, he's STILL one of the extremely rare exceptions I'd probably make and want to take on if I had the chance.

Me too - and I don't think his immaturity comes from a bad place.

That said - if I had to pick one WR out of the litter it has to be AJ Green. Absolutely love everything about that guy, including his personality.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#91 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:09 pm

49ers LB NaVorro Bowman Out for the Season with Achilles Injury

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-LB-NaVorro-Bowman-Out-for-the-Season-with-Achilles-Injury/9677a6ce-7c63-4bc1-961c-22bb35784c59

All this is is confirmation.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#92 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:13 pm

Matt Barrows:

In addition to Bowman, DeForest Buckner (foot), Jeremy Kerley (ankle) and Jimmie Ward (quad) did not practice today.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#93 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:14 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Matt Barrows:

In addition to Bowman, DeForest Buckner (foot), Jeremy Kerley (ankle) and Jimmie Ward (quad) did not practice today.

And Beadles was reportedly limited.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#94 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:15 pm

Transcript: Chip Kelly gives updates on Aaron Lynch, loss to Cowboys, more

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/98794-transcript-kelly-gives-updates-aaron-lynch-cowboys-more/
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#95 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:49 pm

Can Tartt play ILB?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#96 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:55 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Transcript: Chip Kelly gives updates on Aaron Lynch, loss to Cowboys, more

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/98794-transcript-kelly-gives-updates-aaron-lynch-cowboys-more/

Will that be predicated if DeForest is available?

"No, because they play different positions."

Aren't they both outside though? They play different sides?

"No, DeFo is a defensive lineman and he's an outside linebacker."

Who's the dumbass that asked these questions?
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#97 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Oct 3, 2016 10:34 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:Can Tartt play ILB?

It seems like he could certainly do the Deonne Buchannon/Mark Barron role. Makes some sense to look into that. Though if we got any sort of a decent offer for Bethea, we should move him at this point.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#98 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 4, 2016 2:35 pm

Thirty pounds lighter, Aaron Lynch goes through full practice Monday

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article105739006.html

He was pushing 3 bills? Hmm, I don't know. Consider me a touch skeptical of his weight then OR his weight now. Consider me skeptical of this sudden transformation in the character department, too. It would be nice, though, considering he has a kid now.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#99 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 4, 2016 2:59 pm

Garrett Celek is now PFF's 12th ranked TE for the season. Not the biggest fan of PFF's grading system any more now that they changed it but some might find that interesting.

Part of my problem with using the rankings numbers is often, say the 10th ranked player at the position, is not separated from the 25th best player at the same position by very much.

My overall point. Celek continues to be a very interesting option in this offense. I've always been more enamored by him than Vance, though Vance's high points are far better than I ever thought they would be in any system. His blocking snaps have never been as impressive to me as they have been to others, though.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#100 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 4, 2016 5:30 pm

O'Neil just said moments ago that they are still optimistic about Buckner for Thursday night. That's probably not being completely honest or realistic BUT could mean this MAY not be as long-term as originally thought. We'll see.

Return to San Francisco 49ers