And1: 46

All 22 says Gabbert sucks 

Post#1 » by generaldreedle » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:39 am

Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Re: All 22 says Gabbert sucks 

Post#2 » by Hangman_52 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:23 am

He also has not been keeping the ball on QB options. Several times last game if he kept the ball instead of handing it off he would have had big openings like he did when he went in for a TD. Instead he handed the ball off and the RBs got killed. he is hurting the pass and the run with his poor play.

He just sucks as a QB. He should be kicked to the curb or traded asap. The only team with a worse offense than us is the Rams. He has the second most 3 and outs so far. He is being out performed by rookies and by backups.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#3 » by Bald Bull » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:19 am

He does.

I know some wanna give him more time to grow some balls, but his PTSD is bottle-necking this offense. I like our potential with a half ass decent QB. Our no name WRs are actually getting open, and the line is nowhere near as frustrating. The run game would improve if we replaced him. His lack of balls & first down phobia almost forces defenses to play closer to the line of scrimmage.

No denying Kaep regressed under Tomsula, Gabbert is probably smarter, but Kaepnerick has more dumb luck. I'll take the occasional INT if we can avoid demoralizing our WRs 3 weeks into the season. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but to this point in their careers kaepernick has been the more effective QB.

I'm curious to see if Ponder could turn it around in a new offense, he looked like he was having fun but it was preseason.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#4 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:13 pm

He was and still is a mediocre QB. Our wishful thinking can only cover his flaws...

Funny thing(or not so funny), i didn't think his accuracy would be this bad... that's disappointing, i wonder if he's like this in practice or is the up tempo just throwing him off? At least he hasn't been a complete TO machine, lucky for us?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#5 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:13 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:He was and still is a mediocre QB. Our wishful thinking can only cover his flaws...

Funny thing(or not so funny), i didn't think his accuracy would be this bad... that's disappointing, i wonder if he's like this in practice or is the up tempo just throwing him off? At least he hasn't been a complete TO machine, lucky for us?

The 49ers really didn't play up tempo last week. Gabbert just isn't accurate
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#6 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:He was and still is a mediocre QB. Our wishful thinking can only cover his flaws...

The 49ers really didn't play up tempo last week. Gabbert just isn't accurate

I was also speaking from the LA game... he was off there too... more on than off but was off on some easy plays...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#7 » by RedneckNiner » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:16 pm

I don't think anyone will disagree Gabbert is not a quarterback. But the niners dobt even have an average qb on the roster. To those who say Kaep regressed under Tomsula he actually started regressing if you can call it that under Harbaugh in his last year. When they tried to make the offense more complex and varied Kaep couldn't adjust. Whether it was Kaep regressing or teams just figured out how to beat him is debateable.

If Gabbert stinks it up again this week Id be all for Karp or even Ponder getting a few starts. Find out what they can do. The Niners defense is good enough to keep the games close if the offense can sustain some drives and put up some points. What do the Niners have to lose its a rebuild.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#8 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:18 pm

We'll see what happens this week. Though starting with the Rams, then at Carolina and Seattle is about as brutal an opening stretch as any QB has faced this year. That's not to defend Gabbert. His OL has held up surprisingly well in pass protection. He's got to improve. But I also don't see Kap playing well in this context.

Gabbert is frustrating, because the tools are there. Unlike Kap, I think he is an accurate passer - when his mechanics are sound. Kap's mechanics are so screwy that even when they're clicking, his accuracy is only mediocre. Gabbert has made some great throws in the first two games. However, he's also made some absolutely dreadful throws. The big question for him, like with Alex Smith several years ago, is if he can get out of his head and just play in a rhythm. I'm not confident he can, but I'm willing to give him a few more games to try.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#9 » by NinerSickness » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Gabbert's a guy you just want to root for. As far as attitude goes, he's about as good as it gets IMO. But the objective fan in me knows he sucks. :(

Return to San Francisco 49ers