ImageImageImageImageImage

GDT: Niners vs Cowboys

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,248

Re: GDT: Niners vs Cowboys 

Post#361 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:20 am

That pick he threw, one on one deep over the middle, saw it once but I believe he failed to lead the receiver towards the left sideline which was his direction with the CB behind him?

Or was the DB just able to undercut across and get the under thrown ball?

Either way, didn't give the WR a chance to run under it.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#362 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Oct 3, 2016 2:52 am

wco81 wrote:That pick he threw, one on one deep over the middle, saw it once but I believe he failed to lead the receiver towards the left sideline which was his direction with the CB behind him?

Or was the DB just able to undercut across and get the under thrown ball?

Either way, didn't give the WR a chance to run under it.

He threw it more towards the sideline. If he had thrown it towards the middle of the field then it was 6 points.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#363 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:31 pm

Gabbert does not have the arm or poise to be a starting QB.... Jacksonville proved it and SF is supporting it.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#364 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:32 pm

Wasn't Chip Kelly suppose to make us better?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#365 » by Jikkle » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:43 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Wasn't Chip Kelly suppose to make us better?

Well stats wise the team is better except for run defense.

The roster right now is the most glaring issue and until that's shored up it's hard for me to complain about Chip and the rest of the coaches at the moment.

I mean looking at this game when Gabbert was on point in the 1st half and into the 2nd half the offense was moving the ball down the field at a nice pace. So right now I tend to believe if they can get CONSISTENT good QB play and get a better corps of receivers the offense can be quite good.
Ease_Ur_Storm
Senior
And1: 21

Post#366 » by Ease_Ur_Storm » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:15 pm

He gets a pass for this year. Especially with these key injuries from here on out. The only thing that's happening this year is the vice is tightening around Baalke's head with each loss that piles up.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#367 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 10:25 pm

Ease_Ur_Storm wrote:He gets a pass for this year. Especially with these key injuries from here on out. The only thing that's happening this year is the vice is tightening around Baalke's head with each loss that piles up.

Yep. I just hope that there aren't too many injuries to key players, that way Baalke wont be able to use that as an excuse in January when he's meeting with York. As for any finger pointing, Chip Kelly will win that over Baalke anyday. Baalke designed this roster, he chose to ignore drafting skill players, he chose to draft busts with torn ACLS like Carradine, Brandon Thomas, and Marcus Lattimore, he chose to not sign any free agents despite having upwards of $50 million in cap space. Want more? None of his 2012 draft picks remain on the roster. Initially that didn't have any effect on us as we had a very talented and deep roster. But fast forward 3 or 4 years later with Cowboy, Willis, Crabtree, Boldin, and Vernon all gone, and now that draft is rearing it's ugly head. I have defended Baalke for a long time, and defended him more than others. But, at this point, Niners and he need to go in a different direction.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,248

Post#368 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 5, 2016 5:42 pm

Buckner played too high, got pushed around, according to Greg Cosell.

Armstead didn't show much either, injured or not.

Return to San Francisco 49ers