Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: The Goff Prophecy Has Come True 

Post#61 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Nov 7, 2017 4:59 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:He wasn't/isn't for my tastes but a lot of people in the scouting community had secret crushes on him, many/most of which were afraid to admit how much THEY liked him as a pure passer, his delivery, and coach-ability.

For me he did the, "I know where I'm going with the ball on this play and nothing is going to change my mind" thing too much. Very Cutler-ish there without the raw ability to make it happen as much as Cutler has in his career. And many might know of my dislike for Cutler's tendency to do crap like that...and more.

I didn't love the variance in his throwing either. A lot of his stuff was within 10 yards and the stuff in the intermediate and downfield areas wasn't great or overly productive IMO.

I didn't think he had great feet either. Choppy, wasted steps. Just an OK but not a great mover/runner combo thrower and didn't have a lot of scrambling ability.

Had struggles with timing routes so I didn't think he was a great fit for a lot of offenses that put an over emphasis on perfect timing. I didn't think he saw things that well coming into the NFL. He threw a ton his last year but he needed a ton more reps just seeing different coverages and handling pressure. Many of his interceptions were because he didn't see guys over the top very well throwing downfield.

A big reason for a lot of the love is because there's some God-given, raw ability there that a lot of coaches would want to work with but I didn't love a lot of the other stuff, and when you combine it with the system he likely needs to be in with all the short stuff, he's just not a good fit with what I like in an offense or the types of coaches I would tend to want to have around.

Again. I would have rather had Dobbs than him even though Dobbs was a huge project to me. He just was somebody that's a better fit for a guy like me with what I tend to favor in coaching. I would have rather closed my eyes and prayed to God and worked with Chad Kelly than him.

I said I could see him and Peterman having similar careers for different reasons.

I didn't love/like this class except for the two (Trubisky/Kizer) at the top. Kizer admittedly needing time and the right kind of developing. Will admit that some of the immaturity with him that's just barely crept in has really, really surprised me about him. Nothing else at this point with him has really surprised me. He needs time and the right coddling, which he may not get there given that entire situation. I still don't think Hue is the main or a huge problem either.

Thanks for the detailed write up Pozz. Good stuff. Very interesting evaluation on him.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#62 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:24 am

Jared Goff - QB - Rams

Jared Goff completed 26-of-33 passes for 465 yards and five touchdowns while adding seven yards on two carries Thursday in the Rams’ Week 4 win over the Vikings.

He was sacked once for a loss of nine yards. Goff was an absolute mad man in the first half, slinging four touchdowns on 13-of-17 passing before the break. Two of those scores went to Cooper Kupp, who had a career night with nine catches for 162 yards. Goff had his deep ball working against the Vikes, including late in the first half when he connected on a 47-yard touchdown to Brandin Cooks. Goff’s five touchdowns tied a franchise record. He also set a career-high in passing yards while becoming the first Ram to go over 400 yards since Marc Bulger in 2005. Goff recorded a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating in the victory. Unstoppable isn’t a word we throw around too often at Rotoworld, but that’s how the Rams offense has looked this year. Goff and the Rams will take a 4-0 record into next week’s matchup against the Seahawks.

Sep 28 - 12:27 AM
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#63 » by Ray_Dogg » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Goff is reaching whole new levels now. Freaking baller.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#64 » by I_am_1z » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jared Goff - QB - Rams

Jared Goff completed 26-of-33 passes for 465 yards and five touchdowns while adding seven yards on two carries Thursday in the Rams’ Week 4 win over the Vikings.

He was sacked once for a loss of nine yards. Goff was an absolute mad man in the first half, slinging four touchdowns on 13-of-17 passing before the break. Two of those scores went to Cooper Kupp, who had a career night with nine catches for 162 yards. Goff had his deep ball working against the Vikes, including late in the first half when he connected on a 47-yard touchdown to Brandin Cooks. Goff’s five touchdowns tied a franchise record. He also set a career-high in passing yards while becoming the first Ram to go over 400 yards since Marc Bulger in 2005. Goff recorded a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating in the victory. Unstoppable isn’t a word we throw around too often at Rotoworld, but that’s how the Rams offense has looked this year. Goff and the Rams will take a 4-0 record into next week’s matchup against the Seahawks.

Agreed. Their offensive line give you the luxury to do anything you want.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#65 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 1, 2018 6:08 am

I_am_1z wrote:

While true, Goff is making Peyton Manning level throws. That's not just the line.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#66 » by Dodub » Mon Oct 1, 2018 2:01 pm

It’s going gonna even hard to live this one down, this thread isn’t going anywhere.

I’m still a bit mad that we missed on Goff
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#67 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 1, 2018 9:37 pm

Dodub wrote:It’s going gonna even hard to live this one down, this thread isn’t going anywhere.

We had zero shot in getting Goff though. Maybe a slight chance but it would have been extremely hard for us to pull off.

I’m more mad that we did the trade for Jimmy G. Essentially causing us to not draft one of the elite QBs in the 2018 draft class.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#68 » by NinerSickness » Mon Oct 1, 2018 11:46 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Dodub wrote:It’s going gonna even hard to live this one down, this thread isn’t going anywhere.

We had zero shot in getting Goff though. Maybe a slight chance but it would have been extremely hard for us to pull off.

I’m more mad that we did the trade for Jimmy G. Essentially causing us to not draft one of the elite QBs in the 2018 draft class.

Or Trubisky.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#69 » by Dodub » Tue Oct 2, 2018 12:01 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Agreed. I still wish we had Rosen
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#70 » by I_am_1z » Tue Oct 2, 2018 2:33 am

clyde21 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

While true, Goff is making Peyton Manning level throws. That's not just the line.

Peyton Manning always made his line look better because of his quick decisions if I'm remembering correctly. Goff is back there making perfect throws after learning several new languages.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#71 » by clyde21 » Tue Oct 2, 2018 2:37 am

I_am_1z wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Peyton Manning always made his line look better because of his quick decisions if I'm remembering correctly. Goff is back there making perfect throws after learning several new languages.

Do you have data to back that up? Or are you grasping at straws because you're a fool for calling Goff a bust so early?
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#72 » by I_am_1z » Tue Oct 2, 2018 2:50 am

clyde21 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Do you have data to back that up? Or are you grasping at straws because you're a fool for calling Goff a bust so early?

Everyone knows they have the best OL in football. All my remarks around Goff revolve around small frame, can't handle pressure, 1st round worthy QB.

Just watch him against the Vikings with fort knox-esque protection.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#73 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Oct 2, 2018 5:30 pm

Goff balled last week. I watched the game. He could end up being a really good one. Time will tell
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#74 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 2:09 am

Goff and the Rams have been criticized, after the Super Bowl, after a lot of turnovers in the first 4 games of the season.

There was talk that he was a system QB, heavily reliant on the play action game to Gurley.

Rams have drastically cut back Gurley’s touches this season — people question his health and the big extensions that Rams gave to both Gurley and Goff.

He’s had some pressure against the Seahawks but most of the time, he’s been in shotgun and he ran a very nice TD drive with about 90 seconds left.

That OL can still buy him time and they have a very good WR corps, with Woods and Cook drawing coverage and leaving a lot of room underneath for Cupp.

Remains to be seen how long the RAms can be in the window to contend at least to win the NFC. They’ve given out huge contracts to Donald, Gurley and Goff so it seems unlikely they can keep a lot of their veteran depth going forward.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#75 » by NinerSickness » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:01 am

Edit: old posts; don't want to dig it all up.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#76 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 4:55 pm

wco81 wrote:Goff and the Rams have been criticized, after the Super Bowl, after a lot of turnovers in the first 4 games of the season.

There was talk that he was a system QB, heavily reliant on the play action game to Gurley.

Rams have drastically cut back Gurley’s touches this season — people question his health and the big extensions that Rams gave to both Gurley and Goff.

He’s had some pressure against the Seahawks but most of the time, he’s been in shotgun and he ran a very nice TD drive with about 90 seconds left.

That OL can still buy him time and they have a very good WR corps, with Woods and Cook drawing coverage and leaving a lot of room underneath for Cupp.

Remains to be seen how long the RAms can be in the window to contend at least to win the NFC. They’ve given out huge contracts to Donald, Gurley and Goff so it seems unlikely they can keep a lot of their veteran depth going forward.

Gurley did not impress me last night. The Hawks were stacking the line to stop Gurley but watching Gurley run last night I didn't see anything special. I wonder if the knee is affecting his play. Goff had his moments last night. Good and bad.
wco81
RealGM

Post#77 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 4, 2019 5:06 pm

He did miss some open guys but he put the team in position to win with a very makable FG.

I wonder if McVay is trying to diversify the offense, not key it so much on play action.

Gurley wasn't involved in the passing game at all other than to pass protect, which he did a good job of doing.

But they'd go to some of these empty backfield sets and they preferred their TEs in there rather than Gurley.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#78 » by I_am_1z » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:52 pm

Read on Twitter

That genius is McVay in case some of you don't get the reference
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#79 » by I_am_1z » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Goff 78 yards today. Imagine being a Rams fan knowing you locked up this guy for the foreseeable future.
wco81
RealGM

Post#80 » by wco81 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Rams better pay some OL.

Return to San Francisco 49ers