ImageImageImageImageImage

The Goff Prophecy Has Come True

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: The Goff Prophecy Has Come True 

Post#81 » by NinerSickness » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 pm

I_am_1z wrote:Goff 78 yards today. Imagine being a Rams fan knowing you locked up this guy for the foreseeable future.

Goff is clearly a good QB; just not a great one. Niners defense is gonna make a lot of QBs look stupid this year.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,242

Post#82 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:56 pm

From the Around the NFL thread:

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rough numbers but the Rams' problems are the OL and the fact that Gurley is nowhere near the player he used to be.

With so much money committed to Donald, Goff, Cooks and Woods, it may be difficult to improve the OL. Plus didn't they trade away their top picks?

And they'll have to pay Ramsey or else the picks they gave up will be wasted.

Their best OL Whitworth is a UFA too after this season.

They went from dominating the division to maybe not even making the playoffs and their future for the next couple of seasons looks cloudy.

I'm sure Goff will get a lot of the blame but that front office isn't looking so brilliant now.

But if they can sell the tickets as the new stadium opens ...
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#83 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:56 pm

wco81 wrote:From the Around the NFL thread:

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rough numbers but the Rams' problems are the OL and the fact that Gurley is nowhere near the player he used to be.

With so much money committed to Donald, Goff, Cooks and Woods, it may be difficult to improve the OL. Plus didn't they trade away their top picks?

And they'll have to pay Ramsey or else the picks they gave up will be wasted.

Their best OL Whitworth is a UFA too after this season.

They went from dominating the division to maybe not even making the playoffs and their future for the next couple of seasons looks cloudy.

I'm sure Goff will get a lot of the blame but that front office isn't looking so brilliant now.

But if they can sell the tickets as the new stadium opens ...

They gave up alot for Ramsey. It was a hail mary to try and save the season and it is going to come back to haunt them down the road. It is going to cost a ton to sign him and they gave up two firsts. And he is a bit of a headcase on top of that
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#84 » by Bald Bull » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Goff in November: 0 TDs, 5 INTs, 4 fumbles and a 58.9 passer rating. :lol:
wco81
RealGM

Post#85 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Their run game fell from like #2 last year to #24 this year.

They were having Goff drop back 40 or more times for several games earlier this season, as if they wanted to develop him.

But injuries to WRs have hurt their passing game. Also seems like they could use a big receiving TE threat, to give Goff a security blanket.

But they've been relying on Kupp, who's beaten a lot of slot CBs so far, but not consistently enough.

More than anything, they need to improve that OL.

Last night, their defense didn't want to tackle anyone. Not physical at all.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#86 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:22 pm

The two two QBs taken, Goff and Wentz, are struggling now. With all the draft picks given away by the Rams, they could be in a world of trouble in a couple of years
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#87 » by Yoshi » Wed Dec 4, 2019 3:52 am

I saw Goff play, and he didn't have the Aaron Rodgers factor at Cal. Despite the crappy OL and Gurley regressing, Goff is starting to regress into the player he was as a frosh when he had the arm but made a lot of stupid decision making when Sonny Dykes inherited the team. I personally could care less after his comments regarding the Dodgers/Giants rivalry and the fact that he plays for the Lambs. With the Rams starting to implode the way they are, I'm pretty stoked.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
wco81
RealGM

Post#88 » by wco81 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 3:57 am

Wow didn’t know he had jumped on the Dodgers bandwagon.

What a **** fraud.

At least Klay was always honest about being loyal to the Dodgers since he grew up with them. Or Steph about the Panthers.
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#89 » by Yoshi » Wed Dec 4, 2019 7:50 pm

wco81 wrote:Wow didn’t know he had jumped on the Dodgers bandwagon.

What a **** fraud.

At least Klay was always honest about being loyal to the Dodgers since he grew up with them. Or Steph about the Panthers.

Do you remember he was in attendance at a Giants game at the LF bleachers grabbing the ground rule double I believe in 2015 (he was still at Cal). There's a video of it on youtube.

https://www.mlb.com/video/cal-qb-goff-snags-souvenir-ball/c-135992583

Here's the story I'm referring to:
https://www.espn.com.au/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/202921/jared-goff-open-to-switching-baseball-allegiance-from-giants-to-dodgers

Just the sheer fact of even considering that garbage, are you kidding me? :banghead:
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
wco81
RealGM

Post#90 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 am

Goff grew up a 49ers fan?

Maybe he was unconsciously trying to help them with that pass to Fred Warner.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#91 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:46 am

wco81 wrote:Goff grew up a 49ers fan?

Maybe he was unconsciously trying to help them with that pass to Fred Warner.

Yes. He grew up in the bay area. He was hoping the 49ers drafted him. I believe he took his number after Joe Montana
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#92 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:09 pm

JARED GOFF
QB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Jared Goff completed 20-of-27 passes for 267 yards and three touchdowns in the Rams' 37-19, Week 2 win over the Eagles.

Relentlessly exploiting play action as the Rams dialed up 39 rush attempts, Goff averaged 9.9 yards per attempt as he found Tyler Higbee for three scores. Goff didn't make any special plays — his longest pass went for 28 yards — but he avoided mistakes and found the soft spot in the coverage over and over again. He is off to a steady start this season after his play deteriorated over the course of 2019. That will be put to the test against the Bills' elite defense in Week 3.

Sep 20, 2020, 4:31 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#93 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:10 pm

JARED GOFF
QB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Jared Goff completed 23-of-32 passes for 321 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the Rams' 35-32, Week 3 loss to the Bills, adding two rushes for four yards and a touchdown.

Both of Goff's passing scores came on play fakes, while the rushing number was a quarterback sneak. It was Goff's third straight solid performance, though another where he struggled to make plays that weren't set up by play action. The Bills sold out on some second half play fakes, including Goff's touchdown strike to Robert Woods, but weren't able to quite get home on what would have been game-changing plays. Goff has to start making more plays on conventional dropbacks, but for now, the smoke-and-mirrors continues to work. He will be in the low-end QB1 mix for Week 5 against the pathetic Giants.

Sep 27, 2020, 4:59 PM ET
wco81
RealGM

Post#94 » by wco81 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:44 pm

McVay is great at play design. They showed a couple of his screen passes from the first couple of weeks. Easy plays for Goff to execute and they disguised it very well and it led to huge yardage.

They say also most of the plays are producing one well-defined reads for Goff so he doesn't have to hold the ball much.

Look at what Roman is doing with Lamar Jackson. QBs don't have to be drop back, on-time, go through all the progressions.

Or Brady is now getting the ball out quick because they have WRs who can win contested balls.

So all the pre draft hype about Goff's processing and footwork were irrelevant. He couldn't go through progressions at all in the NFL and it took a brilliant play designer to make him productive.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#95 » by I_am_1z » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:46 am

Goff officially the worst starting QB in the NFC East
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#96 » by Dodub » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:52 am

I_am_1z wrote:Goff officially the worst starting QB in the NFC East

Huh?
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#97 » by Samurai » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Dodub wrote:

Huh?

Evidently geography is no longer being studied in today's distance learning environment. Regardless, despite all the criticism of our QB's, after watching Goff yesterday I felt relieved that a) he wasn't our QB and b) we aren't paying him $33.5M for that performance. Almost makes Jimmy look like a good deal.....almost.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#98 » by I_am_1z » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:55 pm

Samurai wrote:
Dodub wrote:

Huh?

Evidently geography is no longer being studied in today's distance learning environment. Regardless, despite all the criticism of our QB's, after watching Goff yesterday I felt relieved that a) he wasn't our QB and b) we aren't paying him $33.5M for that performance. Almost makes Jimmy look like a good deal.....almost.

Nfc east, nfc west, both, Goff is the worst starting QB.

I'm so glad McVay has no escape from Goff for the foreseeable future.

Anyone see how well Shanahan coached that game yesterday? Mullens doesn't give us the option of unnecessary passing, so Shanahan is forced to continue with the run game throughout.
wco81
RealGM

Post#99 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 12:00 am

I saw a link to a Rams forum and there were complaints that Goff wasn't extending plays, making the kind of second reaction plays like Mahomes or Wilson.

Um, I doubt the Rams had that kind of expectations when they drafted Goff.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#100 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:45 pm

wco81 wrote:I saw a link to a Rams forum and there were complaints that Goff wasn't extending plays, making the kind of second reaction plays like Mahomes or Wilson.

Um, I doubt the Rams had that kind of expectations when they drafted Goff.

Yes, that was not Goff' game. The Rams must have had high expectations when they drafted him. I remember the draft gurus had both Goff and Wentz and late first round or second round pics. Goff was seen as an unfinished product. The best in an underwhelming draft of QBs. The Rams and Eagles really when out on a limb moving up to take these players where they did.

Return to San Francisco 49ers