ImageImageImageImageImage

The Reuben Foster Thread

Moderators: Wolfay, CalamityX12, MHSL82

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,988
And1: 1,010
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#1 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:59 am

Bleed red n gold!!!

Image
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,988
And1: 1,010
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#2 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:13 am

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
I_am_1z
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,483
And1: 35
Joined: Aug 22, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#3 » by I_am_1z » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:15 am

I have Anthony Walker Jr as my top LB, but love that Reuben is going to bring passion back to the defense.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,988
And1: 1,010
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#4 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:43 am

Read on Twitter
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
User avatar
SalemStoner
Veteran
Posts: 2,749
And1: 71
Joined: Nov 07, 2005

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#5 » by SalemStoner » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:23 am

I'm quite pleased we moved up to get him. By the time the broncos picked and He was still on td board I felt like we should try to move up to grab him.

Between Foster and Thomas, our defense should be much improved.
Jikkle
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,625
And1: 107
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
         

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#6 » by Jikkle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Would've hated it at #2 and would've hated to give up a lot of picks to trade up and get him but very pleased to just have to cough up a 4th which was from the Bears trade to get him.

I'm convinced the Saints would've taken him so I don't mind them jumping ahead of them and it's not talked about enough in general but getting him in the 1st round gives you another year of a rookie contract so if he does turn out to be a stud you have him one more year on the cheap.

The concerns are twofold in that is he going to be a knucklehead off the field and can he stay healthy on it but with his talent at 31 it's certainly worth the risk imo.
Jikkle
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,625
And1: 107
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
         

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#7 » by Jikkle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:02 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2017/04/28/draft-snap-reactions-first-round-alabama/101018026/

Not exactly a comforting article on him and explains why he slid which is again why I'm glad we didn't use #3 or gave up much in a trade up to get him.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,003
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#8 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Reuben Foster - LB - Crimson Tide

49ers selected Alabama ILB Reuben Foster with the No. 31 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

The 49ers were said to be considering Foster as high as No. 2 overall, and he was expected to be a top-of-the-round pick but medical and off-field concerns put Foster in a draft-night slide. Foster (6’0/229) earned the 2016 Butkus Award as college football’s top linebacker, wrapping his four-year career with 24 tackles for loss and eight sacks across 24 starts. He never forced a single turnover at Alabama, but did lead the nation in PFF College’s run-stop percentage last year and showed an ability to cover tight ends and tailbacks on tape. A vicious hitter with missile-like range, Foster offers All-Pro potential if he can stay healthy and keep his head on straight. He has dealt with numerous stingers/concussions, is currently rehabbing a torn rotator cuff, and got kicked out of the Combine for arguing with a hospital worker after failing a drug test. He also managed a 9 on the Wonderlic. While his ceiling is high, Foster also has a low NFL floor.

Apr 27 - 11:41 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,003
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#9 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Reuben Foster - LB - 49ers

According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster will require a second shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff.

He's already in the midst of recovering from the first one following Alabama's season, and coach Nick Saban, speaking after last night's first round, expressed frustration with Foster's decision to not consult Dr. James Andrews, instead going to a different doctor. Another NFL exec thinks Foster could be a serious problem off the field outside of Alabama, where he had people to "hold his hand." He won't get that in the NFL. While the Foster pick at 31 for the 49ers has widely been praised, there are an excess of red flags that could make it backfire.
Source: USA Today

Apr 28 - 9:55 AM
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,988
And1: 1,010
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#10 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Well its John's first gamble and widely accepted gamble by most faithful.

If he needs the entire season off, so be it. Once he's healthy, watch out!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,003
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#11 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:21 pm

That's good for their punk a$$es. They should have never messed up our plan last year in drafting Myles Garrett. Listen to the media thinking that Trubisky would've lasted till the 6th or 12th pick:

Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Patriots

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Browns made a last-ditch effort to acquire Jimmy Garoppolo on Thursday night but were again rebuffed by the Patriots.

Nobody has pushed harder for a Garoppolo trade than the Browns, but the Patriots continue to stonewall them. If Tom Brady really plans on playing for another 3-4 years, it makes little sense to stash Garoppolo, who is sure to leave in free agency next offseason. But for whatever reason, Bill Belichick is intent on keeping him as insurance for Brady. The Browns are still in dire need of a franchise quarterback after passing on North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky at No. 1 and later trading the No. 12 pick to the Texans, who used it on Clemson QB Deshaun Watson.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 28 - 1:51 PM
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 8,371
And1: 204
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#12 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Reuben Foster - LB - 49ers

According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster will require a second shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff.

He's already in the midst of recovering from the first one following Alabama's season, and coach Nick Saban, speaking after last night's first round, expressed frustration with Foster's decision to not consult Dr. James Andrews, instead going to a different doctor. Another NFL exec thinks Foster could be a serious problem off the field outside of Alabama, where he had people to "hold his hand." He won't get that in the NFL. While the Foster pick at 31 for the 49ers has widely been praised, there are an excess of red flags that could make it backfire.
Source: USA Today

Apr 28 - 9:55 AM


49ers have said they don't believe he'll need another surgery.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,003
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#13 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:21 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Reuben Foster - LB - 49ers

According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster will require a second shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff.

He's already in the midst of recovering from the first one following Alabama's season, and coach Nick Saban, speaking after last night's first round, expressed frustration with Foster's decision to not consult Dr. James Andrews, instead going to a different doctor. Another NFL exec thinks Foster could be a serious problem off the field outside of Alabama, where he had people to "hold his hand." He won't get that in the NFL. While the Foster pick at 31 for the 49ers has widely been praised, there are an excess of red flags that could make it backfire.
Source: USA Today

Apr 28 - 9:55 AM


49ers have said they don't believe he'll need another surgery.


Point taken. As for me, even if he needed another surgery that would assure him to miss 8 games, I still think he's worth a 1st round pick. Shanahan made it known that as per our team doctors his injuries aren't career threatening.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,003
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#14 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:23 pm

...
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 3,187
And1: 172
Joined: May 09, 2014
       

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#16 » by Ray_Dogg » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Foster is hilarious. His accent is thick.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,988
And1: 1,010
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#17 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 pm

LMAO
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bingo_AlphaMan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,003
And1: 60
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#18 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:Foster is hilarious. His accent is thick.


He's so country.
User avatar
clyde21
General Manager
Posts: 9,000
And1: 3,948
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
     

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#19 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Moving way across the country is gonna be good for him, IMO.
ChrisPozz
General Manager
Posts: 8,371
And1: 204
Joined: Sep 07, 2014
 

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#20 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 pm

clyde21 wrote:Moving way across the country is gonna be good for him, IMO.


I could see him hitting some issues regardless of the location he's in IMO. I rarely give questionable personalities the benefit of the doubt and can be wrong more often than many, though.

Return to San Francisco 49ers