ImageImageImageImageImage

AND WITH THE NINTH PICK OF THE 2018 NFL DRAFT...

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

AND WITH THE NINTH PICK OF THE 2018 NFL DRAFT... 

Post#1 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:10 am

...The San Francisco 49ers select, Derwin James, Safety, Florida State University.

I think we continue the trend of having two first round picks by trading up once again. We did that in 2016, and 2017. We'll more than likely do that again in 2018 and use that pick on a weapon for our QB (Kirk Cousins). That weapon will be Christian Kirk.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Re: AND WITH THE FOURTH PICK OF THE 2018 NFL DRAFT... 

Post#2 » by RedneckNiner » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:58 am

You spelled Sam Darnold wrong...
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#3 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:46 am

RedneckNiner wrote:You spelled Sam Darnold wrong...

I wish...! I'd give up 3 future first round picks for Sam - and I wouldn't blink twice in making that deal.
Unfortunately, for us seeing how adamant / stubborn a coach like Shanahan is when it comes to wanting his QB, he'll end up going hard after Cousins after the season, causing us to be no longer in contention to land Darnold in the draft. The move we pulled in order to get C.J. Beathard says a lot about his stubbornness but most importantly his lack of patience.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#4 » by Jikkle » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:43 am

Darnold would depend on who's drafting #1 overall anyways and if it's a team that needs a QB or not.

But like Bingo said it's obvious the 9ers plan on going all in for Cousins so they wouldn't be in the market for a QB anyways.

The only thing that could mess up getting Cousins at this point is if the Redskins transition tag Cousins and match our contract or the franchise tag him again and I find both unlikely. The 9ers will give him a Cousins a contract the skins won't want to pay for or they would've already given Cousins that contract and I can't see them tagging him for 34 million that year.

My guess is WR and offense in general will be the priority with the 1st pick but depends on who is on the board. I mean if you have a stud pass rusher on the board that's better than the other offensive player you would go with them.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#5 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:13 pm

McFadden might not even crack the first round next year. He's a bit overrated IMO:

Tarvarus McFadden - DB - Seminoles

In his first 2018 mock draft of the spring, FOX Sports' Dieter Kurtenbach pegged Florida State junior CB Tavarus McFadden to the 49ers with the No. 4 pick.

"They add to their stockpile of young talent with McFadden, the long, and athletic athlete who was a lock-down corner for Florida State in 2017," writes Kurtenbach. His expectation is that the team will eventually figure out a trade for Washington's Kirk Cousins, eliminating the need to draft a quarterback in the first round next spring. The 6-foot-2, 197-pound McFadden registered 19 tackles (3.0 for loss) and a hearty eight interceptions across 13 games in 2016. He underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in March -- an injury that he apparently played through throughout the past campaign.
Source: FOX Sports

Apr 30 - 3:40 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Lamar Jackson - QB - Cardinals

In his first 2018 mock draft, Sporting News' Eric Galko projected the Cardinals to select Louisville junior QB Lamar Jackson with the No. 18 pick.

That is, assuming that Jackson is still around in the teens when the draft rises from its slumber once more next spring. Galko does not see that as a given, writing that the reigning Heisman Trophy winner "could rise to first overall consideration with a strong junior season" and that "[h]is athleticism and arm talent doesn’t fit what NFL teams covet in a top-10 passer, but his upside is tremendous." Jackson accounted for 51 total touchdowns between passing (30) and rushing (21) during his star-making 2016 turn.
Source: Sporting News

Apr 30 - 3:53 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#7 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Josh Rosen - QB - Bruins

In his first 2018 mock draft, FOX Sports' Dieter Kurtenbach pegs UCLA junior QB Josh Rosen to the Bills with the No. 7 pick.

"The Bills move on from Tyrod Taylor and go with Rosen, who showed flashes of greatness when he was healthy at UCLA," explains Kurtenbach. While the 6-jfoot-4, 210-pound Rosen has the potential to land as a top-10 pick, he still has questions to shore up on multiple fronts during the coming season. Among those, he is coming off of shoulder surgery (reportedly healthy this spring) and will need to show off more consistency than we have seen thus far in his young career). Those "flashes" that Kurtenbach references might need to turn into full-fledged fireworks in 2017 if Rosen is to live up to the immense hype heaped upon him out of high school.
Source: FOX Sports

Apr 30 - 3:57 PM
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#8 » by I_am_1z » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:34 pm

1st round:

Any round after:

Tyler Rogers
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#9 » by NinerSickness » Mon May 1, 2017 8:57 am

QB or bust (not literally bust).
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by NinerSickness » Tue May 2, 2017 7:29 am

So who are the worst teams in the league right now?

The Bears are gonna suck big time w/ their QB situation & no talent on D.

The Rams look improved; I think the Niners take last place in the NFCW.

The Bills & Browns are a mess, as usual.

Don't think the Chargers can suck enough to pick ahead of the Niners.

I'm hoping for a top-2 pick, so the team can get Josh or Sam (like Rosen so far the best).
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#11 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue May 2, 2017 12:26 pm

NinerSickness wrote:So who are the worst teams in the league right now?

I'm hoping for a top-2 pick, so the team can get Josh or Sam (like Rosen so far the best).

Your NY J-E-T-S: Jets! Jets! Jets! Has it bad at the QB spot. I see a guarantee top 3 slot from them.

The Cleveland Browns of course is another team. Kessler has no business starting any games in the league. Osweiler is simply a game manager and Kizer won't be ready until the last quarter of the season.

The Chicago Bears probably have the worse QB:WR combo in the entire league, and we the 49ers, are a closed second in that department. But the coaching we have on the offensive side of the ball will help us mask our deficiencies just a bit giving us the impression that we are an average offense in terms of having enough talented players.

Minnesota will also struggle a bit. And I don't think Carson Palmer will play well this year. They too will end up having a top ten pick. Lastly, Jacksonville always ends up selecting somewhere in the top 10 regardless of how much talent they've assembled on their roster. I think that trend continues - history will repeat itself.

In sum, the top 4 picks consists of the following:
Jets, Browns, Bears, and 49ers.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#12 » by clyde21 » Tue May 2, 2017 4:27 pm

Very (very) early targets:

Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Courtland Sutton
Calvin Ridley
Orlando Brown
Tony Brown
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#13 » by Jikkle » Tue May 2, 2017 5:40 pm

Bears and Jets would be my pick. And it's really in the 9ers best interest for the Bears to be awful since they own their 3rd round pick and if the Bears are picking #1 they are trading away that pick and it could be a chance for the 9ers to trade into that slot if they want to go that route.

Thinking about it I'm having a tough time figuring out how the 9ers will do record wise. I'd say the ceiling is 9-7 and the floor is 4-12 and I'm leaning towards 6-10.

Offensively they are better in every aspect compared to last year. Coaching is better, QB is better, WR is better, OL is better, and RB is better. Doesn't mean the offense will be great but I do think it will be productive.

Defensively is where it's hard to predict as it could be pretty good or just not as bad as last year. Just hard to say when you're depending on things like how Ward does at FS? What level can Bowman play it? Will Foster be able to play and play up to his potential? Can Armstead be productive at LEO and if not who is the LEO?
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by NinerSickness » Tue May 2, 2017 10:40 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Your NY J-E-T-S: Jets! Jets! Jets! Has it bad at the QB spot. I see a guarantee top 3 slot from them.

The Cleveland Browns of course is another team. Kessler has no business starting any games in the league. Osweiler is simply a game manager and Kizer won't be ready until the last quarter of the season.

The Chicago Bears probably have the worse QB:WR combo in the entire league, and we the 49ers, are a closed second in that department. But the coaching we have on the offensive side of the ball will help us mask our deficiencies just a bit giving us the impression that we are an average offense in terms of having enough talented players.

Minnesota will also struggle a bit. And I don't think Carson Palmer will play well this year. They too will end up having a top ten pick. Lastly, Jacksonville always ends up selecting somewhere in the top 10 regardless of how much talent they've assembled on their roster. I think that trend continues - history will repeat itself.

I honestly wish the Niners traded down w/ the Jets & they offered their #1 next year to move up. I'd much rather have one of the safeties & an extra 1st rounder next year to increase the chances of getting a QB. I think Shanny's dead set on Cousins, though (unfortunately; I'd rather draft a guy).
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#15 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 3, 2017 3:29 pm

clyde21 wrote:Very (very) early targets:

Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Courtland Sutton
Calvin Ridley
Orlando Brown
Tony Brown

I like it, but I'm not as high on Ridley in comparison to the masses.

My early targets:
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Derwin James
Christian Kirk
Courtland Sutton
Byron Cowart
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#16 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 3, 2017 3:34 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

I honestly wish the Niners traded down w/ the Jets & they offered their #1 next year to move up. I'd much rather have one of the safeties & an extra 1st rounder next year to increase the chances of getting a QB. I think Shanny's dead set on Cousins, though (unfortunately; I'd rather draft a guy).

This is exactly how I feel too. Investing in a much younger QB is the way to go with the future of this organization; unfortunately I don't see Shanahan viewing it that way which is why I mocked Derwin James being our pick in the draft next year.

You have to be excited though of the fact we have two second round picks however.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#17 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 3, 2017 4:04 pm

tallglassowater
Junior
And1: 22

Post#18 » by tallglassowater » Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 pm

I would make a blockbuster for Darnold. Team isn't close right now so he has time to grow. I get that Cousins is looking like he will be a Niner, but maybe he has a **** year or something. Maybe the Rams don't like Goff with the new coaches and go for him. Who knows, but if I am giving who I want, Darnold for sure.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#19 » by RedneckNiner » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:29 am

The way the preseason is going the Niners might be able to give the Jets a run for their money in sucking this year. I understand its preseason but It is not encouraging.. and I am hoping the Niners draft a qb and don't spend their wad on Cousins.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#20 » by wco81 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:02 am

If Cousins has another good year and comes over in free agency, they could look at drafting a stud in another position.

So who are the projected top 5 and top 10 players who are not QBs?

Also, Bears can't draft another QB high after using up assets to get Trubitsky.

But a lot of teams need QBs. Maybe there are 10-15 good QBs and the rest are lacking.

Return to San Francisco 49ers