Re: 2017-18 CFB SEASON / '18 NFL DRAFT 

Post#2162 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#2163 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Cool. It was for sale a week ago. It was for sale two weeks ago. It was probably for sale 2 months ago.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2164 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#2165 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:38 am

Will Hernandez - G - Miners

An NFC area scout said that UTEP G Will Hernandez is "exactly what you are looking for in terms of his work ethic and how much he loves the game."

"He will clique instantly in the offensive line room and he will be one of the strongest and toughest guys on the team as soon as he makes the roster," the scout gushed. His only concern with the 6-foot-2, 327-pound Hernandez comes in his arm length (or lack thereof). The UTEP product measured in with arms of just 32 inches at the NFL Scouting Combine. He will very much be in play for a Day 1 selection next Thursday, with NFL Media's Bucky Brooks speculating that the Vikings -- picking at No. 30 -- could be a perfect dance partner for the offensive lineman.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 19 - 3:43 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2166 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:40 am

Nah, I refuse to believe that. Just smokescreen to entice a trade would be my guess?

Sam Darnold - QB - Trojans

The Ringer's Kevin Clark reports that the Cleveland Browns have discussed the possibility of drafting two quarterbacks.

This is not just one little birdie talking to Clark -- he writes that he's spoken to multiple sources within the Browns organization regarding this possibility. There's a huge gap between discussion and end reality, of course, but two quarterbacks to the same team in one draft is not completely beyond the pale. The most recent high-profile example of this came when the Redskins drafted both Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins several years back. Far more fanciful than the possibility of selecting two quarterbacks in the draft as a whole, the possibility of selecting quarterbacks at both the No. 1 and No. 4 picks.
Source: The Ringer

Apr 19 - 1:22 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2167 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 am

Baker Mayfield - QB - Sooners

Draft Insider Tony Pauline passes along word that some believe Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield being drafted by the Jets is a "done deal."

Pauline has been on this path for a long time, and we believe it. The Jets traded up for the No. 3 pick early in the process. Perhaps they have a clear target in mind, and it would make sense if it is Mayfield as he fits the Jets' offense extremely well. We expect this to be a consensus opinion by the time the draft rolls around.
Source: Draft Analyst

Apr 19 - 10:57 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2168 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 am

Marcus Davenport - DL - Roadrunners

The MMQB's Albert Breer believes UTSA edge rusher Marcus Davenport will be picked in the No. 10 to No. 16 range.

As of now that spans the Raiders to the Ravens. "Some believe he has a higher ceiling than Bradley Chubb," Breer writes. We've mentioned how Davenport changed his body over the years, adding strength and size while keeping his movement skills. His best attribute is his long arm, but questions remain if Davenport can win isolated against top tackles.
Source: The MMQB

Apr 19 - 9:18 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2169 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:47 am

D.J. Moore - WR - Player

MMQB's Albert Breer reports "more than one team prefers" Maryland WR D.J. Moore to Alabama WR Calvin Ridley.

Productive despite a myriad of quarterback issues at Maryland, Moore is an explosive athlete (39.5-inch vertical and 132-inch broad) with exceptional ability after the catch. He is certainly not as refined as Ridley, but his physical skills give him a higher ceiling. It would not be a surprise to hear Moore's name called before Ridley's next week.
Source: MMQB

Apr 19 - 11:19 AM
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#2170 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:20 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Nah, I refuse to believe that. Just smokescreen to entice a trade would be my guess?

The Ringer's Kevin Clark reports that the Cleveland Browns have discussed the possibility of drafting two quarterbacks.

This is not just one little birdie talking to Clark -- he writes that he's spoken to multiple sources within the Browns organization regarding this possibility. There's a huge gap between discussion and end reality, of course, but two quarterbacks to the same team in one draft is not completely beyond the pale. The most recent high-profile example of this came when the Redskins drafted both Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins several years back. Far more fanciful than the possibility of selecting two quarterbacks in the draft as a whole, the possibility of selecting quarterbacks at both the No. 1 and No. 4 picks.

It's not absolutely ridiculous. Since 2012, they've made 11 first-round picks. Basically none of them have panned out to date. They also have three second-rounders, a season after drafting three first-rounders. They were pretty active in FA. Why not take two QBs and see what you've got? They absolutely must find a QB in this draft, and if they do, that fourth overall pick won't mean all that much. And if both guys pan out, then you turn one of them into a second-rounder or more three years down the road.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#2171 » by I_am_1z » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:32 am

NinerSickness wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:BTW don't forget I'm not only telling you SQBK is the best player in the draft, he's also the already a TOP 3 back in the NFL as soon as he puts on an NFL uniform.

That's a mainstream opinion.

You would know :)
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#2172 » by I_am_1z » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Nah, I refuse to believe that. Just smokescreen to entice a trade would be my guess?

It's not absolutely ridiculous. Since 2012, they've made 11 first-round picks. Basically none of them have panned out to date. They also have three second-rounders, a season after drafting three first-rounders. They were pretty active in FA. Why not take two QBs and see what you've got? They absolutely must find a QB in this draft, and if they do, that fourth overall pick won't mean all that much. And if both guys pan out, then you turn one of them into a second-rounder or more three years down the road.

I still see the draft going

Darnold, Rosen, SQBK

I would sign off on the Browns selecting two QBs. Once drafted you can look for potential offers to stock up even more draft picks
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#2173 » by NinerSickness » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am

I_am_1z wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:BTW don't forget I'm not only telling you SQBK is the best player in the draft, he's also the already a TOP 3 back in the NFL as soon as he puts on an NFL uniform.

That's a mainstream opinion.

You would know :)

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2174 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2175 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Lamar Jackson - QB - Player

ESPN's Jordan Raanan expects Louisville QB Lamar Jackson to be drafted in the top-20 picks.

This falls in line with pre-draft reports on Jackson. There's some concern over Jackson's NFL readiness, but multiple teams "really like" him. At least five quarterbacks are expected to be drafted on Day 1. Jackson going top-20 could allow Oklahoma State's Mason Rudolph to sneak into the late first round.
Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Apr 20 - 5:56 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2176 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:40 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pozz, is this the very first time someone has clearly outlined the exact “off the field” concern is/was regarding this kid?

In any event, this is Randy Gregory 2.0.

Justin Blackmon’s problem was not the same. Coming out of college he had very little red flags concerning marijuana usage. Guys like Randy Gregory, Tim Williams, and Josh Gordon were known to abuse the drug even while they were in school. If that’s the issue regarding Key I’d say no way do we draft him unless he’s there in the 5th or 6th round.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2177 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Bald Bull wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Another favorite of mine. He reminds me of AB.

There are things I like about him. He seems to do a good job of tracking the ball and adjusting to it to make contested catches, but one thing i noticed in his highlights is that he doesn't get a whole lot of separation. Damn near ever catch in these videos has a defender on top of him. Considering the level of competition Memphis was up against, I worry how that transfers to the NFL.

Anthony Miller - WR - Tigers

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. lists Memphis WR Anthony Miller as his "favorite" WR prospect in the 2018 NFL Draft class.

"This is the most underrated wide receiver in this class," Kiper writes. "I just love the kid." At 5-foot-11, 190-pounds, Miller doesn't have elite size, but his production (96 catches, 18 touchdowns) is tough to beat, as his versatility of being able to line up in the backfield, slot or outside. Kiper projects him to go in the second round, and he could be a Randall Cobb-type for whomever selects the former Tiger star.
Source: ESPN

Apr 21 - 5:08 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2178 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:51 pm

He'd definitely be an upgrade for us... not sure how Earl Mitchell was able to maintain his job this past season.

Vita Vea - DL - Huskies

Pro Football Focus's Steve Renner believes that Washington DT Vita Vea is a an ideal fit for the Nose Tackle position.

The nose tackle -- or zero-technique -- isn't the sexiest position in terms of production but as Renner notes, it's the "cornerstone of the run-defense." Vea certainly has the size (6'4/347) to play the position, and he was tenth in run-stops in the 2018 season according to PFF. "Vea certainly qualifies as difficult [to block]," writes Renner. "That’s why it’s so impressive that he moves himself so swiftly out of his stance and into the offensive backfield."
Source: Pro Football Focus

Apr 21 - 4:18 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2179 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:58 pm

I like him, he's what you call a true football player. The kid plays the game hard, every snap. He can't compare athletically to someone like Landry, but you can't coach his heart and willingness to compete and manage to find a way to outplay his opponent. If he and Dorance Armstrong are available in the mid/late rounds, we need to goes two guys a shot. I'd prefer us go that route than gamble on a "Leo" guy somewhere within the first 2 rounds.

Hercules Mata’afa - DL - Cougars

NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Washington State DL Hercules Mata'afa to New England Patriots DL/LB Cassius Marsh.

Zierlein calls Mata'afa a tough player to evaluate, because "his tape features him as an interior lineman who won with quickness when matched against players who were 50-70 pounds heavier than he was." Very few players were rated higher analytically, and he was among the NCAA leaders in pressures during his time at Washington State. Zierlein notes he's "much too small" (6'1/254) to play in the interior spot, but that he has a "zombie like" motor. Mata'afa will be one of the more divisive prospects this year, but someone likely takes a chance on him in the late rounds.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 21 - 3:38 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2180 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 am

Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Player

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports teams have injury concerns with Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch.

Vander Esch's neck injury has removed him from some draft boards. He also had a pinched C-spine nerve and LCL sprain at Boise State. This has been out there, but it confirms teams have flagged Vander Esch's medicals. Vander Esch was given a passing grade for his neck issue at the Combine.
Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter

Apr 21 - 5:26 PM

Return to San Francisco 49ers