How patient will Kyle be?

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Re: How patient will Kyle be? 

Post#21 » by Ray_Dogg » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Wrongly fired is not the same as bungling the replacement. No way no how.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#22 » by I_am_1z » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:50 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:Wrongly fired is not the same as bungling the replacement. No way no how.

It was wrong in the way he was fired without the 49ers having a successor in mind. They panicked and the team instantly got worse.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#23 » by wco81 » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:35 pm

I can't imagine Kyle will want to stick with Hoyer's play beyond this season if he doesn't have to.

So they will go all-in after Cousins if he doesn't sign an extension with the Redskins.

And if the team starts like 0-6 or 0-7, they may want to look at the rookie QB, even though he's not a long-term candidate at all.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#24 » by I_am_1z » Sun Oct 1, 2017 11:09 pm

This offense looks as bad as the Geep Chryst days
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#25 » by Bald Bull » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:00 am

I_am_1z wrote:This offense looks as bad as the Geep Chryst days

nonsense, shannahan is calling plays that are consistently getting WRs open, and in position to make a play. Hoyer is throwing inaccurate balls that kill drives. Hyde has been performing every game.

The offense is maybe as frustrating but it's not because they can't do anything, it's because they can but don't execute.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#26 » by I_am_1z » Mon Oct 2, 2017 12:09 am

Bald Bull wrote:

nonsense, shannahan is calling plays that are consistently getting WRs open, and in position to make a play. Hoyer is throwing inaccurate balls that kill drives. Hyde has been performing every game.

The offense is maybe as frustrating but it's not because they can't do anything, it's because they can but don't execute.

Oh, I stand corrected, as long as the players are making the offense look bad then that's okay.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#27 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 4:52 pm

Not even close. They are utilizing the RBs in the passing game finally and actually scheming guys open. Chryst schemed as well as a dead mouse. Couldn't make adjustments. This team is struggling because of Baalke's poor decisions the past several years. It will take more than one year to fix Baalke's blunders.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#28 » by I_am_1z » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:07 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:

Not even close. They are utilizing the RBs in the passing game finally and actually scheming guys open. Chryst schemed as well as a dead mouse. Couldn't make adjustments. This team is struggling because of Baalke's poor decisions the past several years. It will take more than one year to fix Baalke's blunders.

I didn't realize Hoyer, Garcon, Aldrick, Goodwin, and Kittle were Baalke decisions. Again, I stand corrected.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#29 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:40 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

I didn't realize Hoyer, Garcon, Aldrick, Goodwin, and Kittle were Baalke decisions. Again, I stand corrected.

Five players out of how many? This roster is still comprised of Baalke holdovers. Garcon is better than anything we've had lately and is here because Baalke couldn't draft a decent WR in years. Same with Goodwin. Kittle is a rookie and his starting because Baalke couldn't draft a decent Tight End either. Baalke was awful. He drafted how many CBs the past couple of years? And none of them have amounted to much and some are no longer on the team.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#30 » by Bald Bull » Mon Oct 2, 2017 8:33 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:

Oh, I stand corrected, as long as the players are making the offense look bad then that's okay.

Comparing it to time under any OC implies criticism of the game plan or plays being called. Had you said "[insert players] look like s***." I wouldn't have a problem.

Like I said, shanny is calling plays that are getting players in the right position, there is nothing he can do about a QB constantly missing a wide open receiver, or his receivers dropping catchable balls. I'm hoping that the lack of time the QBs and receivers had together is effecting the timing and it improves as the year goes on, but I'm perfectly fine with the games kyle has been calling. If we had a QB our offense would look much better.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#31 » by I_am_1z » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:19 am

Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:

Comparing it to time under any OC implies criticism of the game plan or plays being called. Had you said "[insert players] look like s***." I wouldn't have a problem.

Like I said, shanny is calling plays that are getting players in the right position, there is nothing he can do about a QB constantly missing a wide open receiver, or his receivers dropping catchable balls. I'm hoping that the lack of time the QBs and receivers had together is effecting the timing and it improves as the year goes on, but I'm perfectly fine with the games kyle has been calling. If we had a QB our offense would look much better.

We've had the dropsies and QB problems since Harbaugh...Our OL is the best it's been since Harbaugh. But 3 and outs feel like they've been happening a whole lot more frequently:

2017 - ??.?? %
2016 - 29.95%
2015 - 24.18%

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2016/

Willing to guess what it is this season?
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#32 » by Bald Bull » Tue Oct 3, 2017 7:50 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

We've had the dropsies and QB problems since Harbaugh...Our OL is the best it's been since Harbaugh. But 3 and outs feel like they've been happening a whole lot more frequently:

2017 - ??.?? %
2016 - 29.95%
2015 - 24.18%

What exactly are you proving here? Do you think there are plays that shannahan isn't calling that Harbaugh would have called to fix Hoyer's accuracy? All kyle can do is make calls that put players in position to make plays, he's done that, and we have failed to execute.

Believe it or not, talent effects how teams execute, and we are a rebuilding team with limited talent. If you compare our current roster, with harbaugh's superbowl roster, and expect the same results you might need to re-evaluate your expectations. We had one of the strongest rosters in the league under Harbaugh, we don't have that anymore, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for any talent that is willing to come to a dysfunctional franchise, that has embarrassed itself the last 3-4 years.

I don't deny QB play has been bad, we had some bad QBs.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#33 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:02 pm

Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:

2017 - ??.?? %
2016 - 29.95%
2015 - 24.18%

What exactly are you proving here? Do you think there are plays that shannahan isn't calling that Harbaugh would have called to fix Hoyer's accuracy? All kyle can do is make calls that put players in position to make plays, he's done that, and we have failed to execute.

Believe it or not, talent effects how teams execute, and we are a rebuilding team with limited talent. If you compare our current roster, with harbaugh's superbowl roster, and expect the same results you might need to re-evaluate your expectations. We had one of the strongest rosters in the league under Harbaugh, we don't have that anymore, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for any talent that is willing to come to a dysfunctional franchise, that has embarrassed itself the last 3-4 years.

Well said. And about the QBs. Chip Kelly was really interested in Dak Prescott. Even if he was not great, certainly worth a try. Instead Baalke takes another cornerback in the 3rd round, Another ACL, WIll Redmond. Who didn't even make the team this year.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#34 » by I_am_1z » Wed Oct 4, 2017 5:27 am

Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:

2017 - ??.?? %
2016 - 29.95%
2015 - 24.18%

It's interesting to see how defensive fans have been when it comes to questioning the offense. An offense in which the worst players are Shanny's and Lynch's.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#35 » by Pattersonca65 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 4:46 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

2017 - ??.?? %
2016 - 29.95%
2015 - 24.18%

It's interesting to see how defensive fans have been when it comes to questioning the offense. An offense in which the worst players are Shanny's and Lynch's.

IDK about the worst. Yes, Hoyer is bad but Kyle and Lynch have been on the job for less than half a season and the QB options are limited. We are in this position because of Baalke who has not had a good draft in years and ignored the offensive skill positions for years. If the offense and team Is still bad in another couple of years, then I will blame Lynch and Shanahan just like I gave Baalke a chance to right the ship until it was obvious he was doing just the opposite.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#36 » by clyde21 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 7:23 pm

Not a fan of Shanahan as a HC as I've stated on here many times but hot takes already are yikes.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#37 » by Bald Bull » Fri Oct 6, 2017 5:42 pm

I_am_1z wrote:

Not defensive, maybe feeling argumentative.

Who are the worst players on offense? I think Taylor and kittle have shown potential. Garcon is far from the worst player on offense. Goodwin has been inconsistent, but has been good for some big plays and may have had more if Hoyer was more accurate. Aldrick Robinson is the only player I feel kinda down on.

But almost the entire offense is made up of new players so saying "the worst were added by shanahan and lynch" is kind of pointless.

btw, it's been ONE offseason for a rebuilding team with almost a complete roster overhaul.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#38 » by I_am_1z » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:44 am

Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Who are the worst players on offense? I think Taylor and kittle have shown potential. Garcon is far from the worst player on offense. Goodwin has been inconsistent, but has been good for some big plays and may have had more if Hoyer was more accurate. Aldrick Robinson is the only player I feel kinda down on.

But almost the entire offense is made up of new players so saying "the worst were added by shanahan and lynch" is kind of pointless.

btw, it's been ONE offseason for a rebuilding team with almost a complete roster overhaul.

Taylor is gonna be good—IF we can find a QB—I'll give you that. Garcon isn't really a rebuild kind of player because of Grandfather Time—he's going to steadily decline based on norms. Hyde the kids, Hyde the wife is our best skill player, also the player that was rumored to be moved in the offseason. Trent Brown and Joe Staley are our two best guys overall. Okay, you say we did a roster overhaul, but we were the 2nd WORST team last year. If we're moving in the wrong direction when starting at 2nd WORST, it's possibly not a good sign.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#39 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:02 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Taylor is gonna be good—IF we can find a QB—I'll give you that. Garcon isn't really a rebuild kind of player because of Grandfather Time—he's going to steadily decline based on norms. Hyde the kids, Hyde the wife is our best skill player, also the player that was rumored to be moved in the offseason. Trent Brown and Joe Staley are our two best guys overall. Okay, you say we did a roster overhaul, but we were the 2nd WORST team last year. If we're moving in the wrong direction when starting at 2nd WORST, it's possibly not a good sign.

The roster overhaul is not over. They weren't going to turn over the entire roster in one year. There will still be changes. This was not a year one project.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#40 » by I_am_1z » Mon Oct 9, 2017 11:58 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bald Bull wrote:

The roster overhaul is not over. They weren't going to turn over the entire roster in one year. There will still be changes. This was not a year one project.

Where was this optimism in previous seasons???

Return to San Francisco 49ers