Post#1 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: NAVORRO ON THE TRADE BLOCK 

Post#2 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 pm

actual fire? or smoke from the indy game?

Bowman hasn't been exactly thrilled or tolerable since the offseason here....

I wonder if him and the staff aren't seeing eye to eye.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#3 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:21 pm

The most recent report now is that he has been released.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#4 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 pm

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Bowman is gone.

WOW.

Awful ending, IMO, to our beloved team of past glory.....(Staley still here but wow)
The ModFather

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#6 » by I_am_1z » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:actual fire? or smoke from the indy game?

Bowman hasn't been exactly thrilled or tolerable since the offseason here....

I wonder if him and the staff aren't seeing eye to eye.

Shanny has been disrespecting Bowman's legacy since early on. I think it's a great move to trade Bowman for anything, but Shanny is going about it wrong. I know some people like Ninersickness think John Lynch is has the reigns since he's the GM, but that's clearly not the case based on multiple things we've seen.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#7 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 pm

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My Lord. Now imagine the feeling today if you aren't one of the (majority) people who are all warm and fuzzy about Foster (me). Worse.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:31 pm

I do not like this move, idk if its Shanny n Lynch flexing their muscle or giving Bowman real respect. I can't read it yet.... doesn't give me a warm feeling.

Good Bye Bowman, thank you for everything!
The ModFather

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#9 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Is this a salary cap move?

I don't know how he's played this year. Obviously the injuries made him less of a player than he used to be.

But didn't they extend him before this season?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm

The ModFather

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#11 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 pm

And forgive me if this aids me in having next to no faith they'll keep Hyde around for the future either. Granted there's a differences between the Bowman/Foster and Hyde/Breida dynamics.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#12 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 pm

wco81 wrote:Is this a salary cap move?

I don't know how he's played this year. Obviously the injuries made him less of a player than he used to be.

He has been a liability in pass coverage this year. Clearly not the same player he once was. Still sad to see him go and he was supposed to mentor Foster. This seemed to really take off after last week when he complained about being taken out of the game. I am wondering if he asked to be traded.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#13 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:

He has been a liability in pass coverage this year. Clearly not the same player he once was. Still sad to see him go and he was supposed to mentor Foster. This seemed to really take off after last week when he complained about being taken out of the game. I am wondering if he asked to be traded.

Yes, he asked to be traded and notified all 31 teams via his agent that he had permission to look for one.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#14 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

Yes, he asked to be traded and notified all 31 teams via his agent that he had permission to look for one.

Thanks!!
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#15 » by GS Warriors 1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 pm

He got a contract extension a few weeks before the Achilles injury last season.

He's been graded as around below average to average this season. I thought with Foster back, he could potentially look better. Niners felt otherwise and it also could've been that Bowman is at the stage where he wants to play for a contender.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#16 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Really mixed emotions on this one. I love the player that Bowman was a couple years ago, and going into this season, I viewed him as crucial to the leadership of the team. That said, I don't love the way he's acted since the offseason. He has been complaining about the respect he's received - from the coaching staff/new FO, fellow players, etc. And I get that given what he's done on the field, but the reality is that he's coming off of two brutal injuries, and at least right now, he's not the player that he used to be. It's possible he gets back there next year, especially as it usually takes at least two full years to get back from an Achilles, but he's not there yet. He's struggled in coverage, and he was downright awful against the run in the Rams game.

I get the sense that Bowman was upset with the FO already going into the year because of the trade talk around him, and as they cut back on his playing time, he asked either to be traded or released. Without a taker for a trade, the Niners acquiesced to his request and cut him. They seem to like what Armstrong and Coyle bring, and obviously Foster, and Malcolm Smith is in the wings for next year. I'm not agreeing with their reliance on those guys by any means, but I can understand it in context.

So how does this work with salary cap? We can offset with whatever his new contract is?
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#17 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:04 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Really mixed emotions on this one. I love the player that Bowman was a couple years ago, and going into this season, I viewed him as crucial to the leadership of the team. That said, I don't love the way he's acted since the offseason. He has been complaining about the respect he's received - from the coaching staff/new FO, fellow players, etc. And I get that given what he's done on the field, but the reality is that he's coming off of two brutal injuries, and at least right now, he's not the player that he used to be. It's possible he gets back there next year, especially as it usually takes at least two full years to get back from an Achilles, but he's not there yet. He's struggled in coverage, and he was downright awful against the run in the Rams game.

I get the sense that Bowman was upset with the FO already going into the year because of the trade talk around him, and as they cut back on his playing time, he asked either to be traded or released. Without a taker for a trade, the Niners acquiesced to his request and cut him. They seem to like what Armstrong and Coyle bring, and obviously Foster, and Malcolm Smith is in the wings for next year. I'm not agreeing with their reliance on those guys by any means, but I can understand it in context.

So how does this work with salary cap? We can offset with whatever his new contract is?

Great points. My concern over him getting back to where he once was is because he will turn 30 next year. That is about the age when players like that lose a step and with his two injuries it seems like that might now happen. I think they take a $6 million cap hit if I read that correctly
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#18 » by Jikkle » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Seems like it's one of those best interests of both sides kind of break up.

The new regime is looking at a long rebuild and they would rather move on from guys like Bowman who will be past their prime by the time they get there.

And Bowman would rather play for a team closer to winning now rather than be stuck with a long rebuild rotating in and out to get the younger guys reps.

If he still had his All-Pro form like he did prior to injuries they likely would've been happy to keep him around but right now it just seems like he's relying more on his linebacker instincts to make plays to cover for his physical limitations.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#19 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Jikkle wrote:Seems like it's one of those best interests of both sides kind of break up.

The new regime is looking at a long rebuild and they would rather move on from guys like Bowman who will be past their prime by the time they get there.

And Bowman would rather play for a team closer to winning now rather than be stuck with a long rebuild rotating in and out to get the younger guys reps.

If he still had his All-Pro form like he did prior to injuries they likely would've been happy to keep him around but right now it just seems like he's relying more on his linebacker instincts to make plays to cover for his physical limitations.

Keep in mind it has been reported that Bowman asked to be traded so it isn't like the 49ers were the ones who decided to move on. It is clear he wasn't in the 49ers long term plans and I am sure out of respect to Bowman they granted his request
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#20 » by Jikkle » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:15 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:And forgive me if this aids me in having next to no faith they'll keep Hyde around for the future either. Granted there's a differences between the Bowman/Foster and Hyde/Breida dynamics.

I would be shocked if they extend Hyde. I think he bought himself some goodwill showing up to training camp lighter and letting the coaches know he's committed but it looks like that's not going to be enough.

The problem with Hyde and why I wouldn't personally extend him as well is he just can't stay healthy. Seems like he's always banged up or out of the lineup with one problem or another and I just don't see that going away.

Return to San Francisco 49ers