ImageImageImageImageImage

Jimmy G headed to SF

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

Re: Jimmy G headed to SF 

Post#101 » by generaldreedle » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I come back after a self imposed 10 game hiatus and am also surprised by SOME of the negativity about the trade on this board. Of course GMs and Coaches can all make mistakes about talent evaluations-- and quarterback seems to be a notoriously difficult position to evaluate, since it involves so many intangibles. However, Shanahan has a track record of both picking and developing qbs and according to some reports wanted this, others who have looked at film said it's a good deal, and it may be a recognition that the top qbs in this draft are flawed. It also gives SF the option if they get a top two pick to trade down and get more players they so desperately need. I thought it was a pretty good move and don't really see any downside to it right now.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,305

Post#102 » by wco81 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 pm

So is he going to start after the bye?

They're going to have to find out if he's worth extending or tagging.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#103 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=17
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#104 » by I_am_1z » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=17

Kyle Shanahan's a good coach guys. Definitely Tomsula possibly ripping one during a presser will have far more impact than this little skuttlebutt that shall also pass. Jimmy Grapps is really going to want to stay with a team that coach publicly states he's trade bait before he's even under contract next season.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#105 » by Bald Bull » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:14 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=17

Kyle Shanahan's a good coach guys. Definitely Tomsula possibly ripping one during a presser will have far more impact than this little skuttlebutt that shall also pass. Jimmy Grapps is really going to want to stay with a team that coach publicly states he's trade bait before he's even under contract next season.

yea, cause lynch is Shannan.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#106 » by I_am_1z » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Bald Bull wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=17

yea, cause lynch is Shannan.

:oops:
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#107 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:18 pm

Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#108 » by Bald Bull » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:Jim Tomsula, lol

wco81
RealGM

Post#109 » by wco81 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 am

Just saw clips of Jimmy practicing and he was faking a handoff and running with the ball.

They're not going to have him running read options are they?

It also sounds like they're not planning to start him this week.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#110 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 pm

wco81 wrote:Just saw clips of Jimmy practicing and he was faking a handoff and running with the ball.

They're not going to have him running read options are they?

It also sounds like they're not planning to start him this week.

What have you heard? I haven't found anything yet and there is nothing posted at NinerNation about it. Fooch is pretty good about posting rumors pretty quickly
wco81
RealGM

Post#111 » by wco81 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:36 pm

It was on NBC Sports Bay Area. The way the hosts were talking they didn't think he'd play.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 262

Post#112 » by Jikkle » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:09 pm

C.J. again this week.

I'm guessing they'll get Jimmy in either the final 4 or final 2 games of the season. The team by all appearances firmly believes he's a franchise guy so I don't think they need to see him for evaluation purposes but I do think they'll want to get him some live game reps before the season ends.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#113 » by Dloading99 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 am

I don't the trade for this guy. Why Trade for him when you have a chance to get Josh Rosen. this is something that rarely happens in the NFL where you can draft two Franchise quarterbacks. usually it's only one Peyton Manning. we saw the rams get Jared Goff and it happened with Goff and Wentz. when you have a chance to draft your franchise quarterback you draft him.

To me Josh Rosen looks like Aaron Rodgers and after the debacle of Giovanni Carmazzi over Tom Brady Cali Quarterback and Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers Cali Quarterback you think we would know especially with a Pac 12 guy like John Lynch remember Rosen was recruited by Stanford. and I know Darnold Throws picks. but that dude is an athlete and he has so much poise in the pocket. think Steve Young.

it's like the niners are trying to be stupid when all they have to do is embrace the tank. and as niner fans we get it. we want a franchise quarterback. I don't care about Rosens politics. if he can throw that pigskin draft him.

as niners fans ask yourselves a question Why would Bill Bellicheck hall of fame head coach trade a guy if he thought he was a franchise quarterback to keep Brady. Bellicheck did the same thing with Drew Bledsoe. if Bellicheck is going to trade a guy he's going to keep a asset. Bellicheck is about winning. why trade this guy after you traded Brissett it makes no sense.

you would think we would learn after Matt Cassell just cause they play with Tom Brady doesn't mean they are Tom Brady. we want a franchsie quarterback. Garapolo looks like another Kevin Kolb to me.

This is the same team that took Joshua Garnett over Michael Thomas Soloman Thomas over Leonard Fournette and Marcus Lattimore and Jamal Adams. Arik Armstead over Marcus Peters with a player Like Ruben Foster on Defense and Deforest Buckner. get your franchise Quarterback in Josh Rosen he'll make everyone better including Carlos Hyde and greg Kittle don't talk yourself out of a franchise Quarterback like Miami did with Matt Ryan.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#114 » by Bald Bull » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Dloading99 wrote:as niners fans ask yourselves a question Why would Bill Bellicheck hall of fame head coach trade a guy if he thought he was a franchise quarterback to keep Brady. Bellicheck did the same thing with Drew Bledsoe. if Bellicheck is going to trade a guy he's going to keep a asset. Bellicheck is about winning. why trade this guy after you traded Brissett it makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense for billicheck to get rid of a QB who is in the final year of his contract, in a league that is full of QB hungry teams that are willing to over pay anyone who looks half-ass decent. He got something for him while he still could rather than watching him leave and getting nothing. The other alternative is paying him a huge amount of money to sit on the bench for 3-5 more years. That is money that could go to filling immediate needs.

you would think we would learn after Matt Cassell just cause they play with Tom Brady doesn't mean they are Tom Brady. we want a franchsie quarterback. Garapolo looks like another Kevin Kolb to me.

This sounds more like a superstition to me. I agree that non of patriots back ups have done anything, but it's not some kind of curse that's unbreakable. Each player should be judged on a case by case basis, and in this case Jimmy looked much better than any of those other QBs. I don't expect him to be the next Brady but he doesn't have to be.

This is the same team that took Joshua Garnett over Michael Thomas Soloman Thomas over Leonard Fournette and Marcus Lattimore and Jamal Adams. Arik Armstead over Marcus Peters with a player Like Ruben Foster on Defense and Deforest Buckner. get your franchise Quarterback in Josh Rosen he'll make everyone better including Carlos Hyde and greg Kittle don't talk yourself out of a franchise Quarterback like Miami did with Matt Ryan.

Actually it's not the same team that made any of those decisions, Baalke and our former coaches are gone. Only solomon thomas was chosen under our current guys. Hold our guys accountable for their own decisions, not what GMs/coaches of the past did.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#115 » by Dloading99 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:02 am

Well I gotta give props to Jimmy G

kid looks good. kid looks great in the pocket. mobility can move around in that pocket and an ability to make something happen and find guys. to me he looks like Tony Romo. I know they are both Illinois guys. I'm impressed. we got a good one.

now I want to see him play the rest of the season. Kyle Shannahan what are you doing play the guy. let's see him a good game will be on the road against Chicago and then a home game against a playoff team the jags who might be the best defense in the league. then the rams on the road so there are some good games to see what he can do.

but today he looked great the unquestioned starter of our team. playing cJ Bethard now is just dumb. I like still drafting Rosen or darnold . let them hold the clip board.

Only reason I could see niners not playing him cause they don't want to show teams his Flaws if they still want to trade him. but I think you gotta play the guy. give our fans something to cheer for. I like what I see.

and he looks more explosive and more athletic then he was even when he played for the patriots.

Jimmy G the Italian Stalian.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#116 » by Dloading99 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 am

Well I gotta give props to Jimmy G

kid looks good. kid looks great in the pocket. mobility can move around in that pocket and an ability to make something happen and find guys. to me he looks like Tony Romo. I know they are both Illinois guys. I'm impressed. we got a good one.

now I want to see him play the rest of the season. Kyle Shannahan what are you doing play the guy. let's see him a good game will be on the road against Chicago and then a home game against a playoff team the jags who might be the best defense in the league. then the rams on the road so there are some good games to see what he can do.

but today he looked great the unquestioned starter of our team. playing cJ Bethard now is just dumb. I like still drafting Rosen or darnold . let them hold the clip board.

Only reason I could see niners not playing him cause they don't want to show teams his Flaws if they still want to trade him. but I think you gotta play the guy. give our fans something to cheer for. I like what I see.

and he looks more explosive and more athletic then he was even when he played for the patriots.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#117 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Dloading99 wrote:Well I gotta give props to Jimmy G

can't sign on to drafting QB #1 after trading for Jimmy G(trading our 2nd). that ship has sailed.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#118 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:00 pm

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#119 » by Dodub » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:37 am

Jimmy G officially named the starter
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#120 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Read on Twitter

I'd take his current guy off his hands if he had the authority? (He doesn't. That's Pace).

Return to San Francisco 49ers