ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 14: 49ers (2-10) at Texans (4-8)

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 942

Re: Week 14: 49ers (2-10) at Texans (4-8) 

Post#41 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 am

wco81 wrote:What about a tall TE? JG was coached up in a system where TE is such a huge part of the passing game.

Or one of those short, quick, slot WRs who are built like fire hydrants, like Welker, Edelman, Amendola?

Patriots work on creating separation for their receivers, whether it's difficult matchups like Gronk and some of the other TEs they've had or those quick slot guys or using rub routes (or using picks).

They do not depend on tall, wide catch radius WRs who make contested catches and consistent win 50-50 balls (except maybe in the red zone for someone like Gronk).

JG gets rid of the ball quick if the play design can create fast-developing separation so guys who can win at the LOS would be useful complement.

49ers are unlikely to get a beast like Julio Jones who can win quick or downfield on plays that require JG to hold the ball longer. With their OL, the less he has to hold the ball, the better.

That's Trent Taylor. Taylor is a bit smaller than the other guys (just under 5'8" and 180ish), but those are the players he compares to as an undersized, very shifty slot receiver.

I take your point about getting guys who can win quickly, but I don't think there's much to be said for following the Pats' example in terms of receivers. The Pats have shown they'll make use of a variety of types at the WR position, including Brandon LaFell and Aaron Dobson lately, who are both bigger guys.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#42 » by Dloading99 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:56 am

Trade for Odell Beckham.

Jordan Lindsley from UCLA draft that boy he look like Antonio Brown.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#43 » by Ray_Dogg » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Dodub wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
The Hack wrote:
Wish there was a clear cut top receiver coming into the draft. Watching Hopkins go crazy just shows how much we need to find a stud receiver to pair with Garcon. Goodwin and Taylor would round out an awesome WR corps

I’m a big fan of Sutton. I was also very bullish on Hopkins. Sutton reminds me of him.

I like Sutton too, he kind of reminds me of TO a little bit. I’d be more than happy with him as our pick.

Goodwin will probably go over 1,000 yards this season. How crazy is that?

If he had TO’s yac ability, game over haha

Return to San Francisco 49ers