Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: Niners Screwed the Draft Pooch; FA is Last Hope 

Post#41 » by NinerSickness » Wed Jan 3, 2018 6:40 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Lynch is gone for sure..

I like Reid to be resigned

I do too; I've always been a Reid fan. But if it's a money thing, I'd be willing to let him go if it meant getting Anzah.

We gonna have around $130M. Money shouldn’t stop us from doing anything.

Then Jed better open the friggn' wallet. He went cheap on us for one of the seasons the Niners could've contended for a SB. The punk.

I want a #1 WR, a #1 CB and a pro-bowl D-lineman. And an interior OL. At least.

...And maybe a starting LB. Screw Malcom Smith; he sucks.

I'm hoping Garnett can play C because he's not the right fit at guard IMO.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#42 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jan 3, 2018 6:47 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
I do too; I've always been a Reid fan. But if it's a money thing, I'd be willing to let him go if it meant getting Anzah.

Then Jed better open the friggn' wallet. He went cheap on us for one of the seasons the Niners could've contended for a SB. The punk.

I think they are at the point now that they have to spend in order to stay above the minimum threshold over four years or whatever.
Our biggest hurdle is the lack of free agents. It’s really piss poor. Only guards I like are Norwell and maybe Kline.
It is Ansah or bust at pass rusher which is a massive gaping hole that absolutely needs to get filled ASAP.
WR and CB have some options.

I really hope cuts add to the talent pool. Fingers crossed.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jan 3, 2018 6:49 am

And there is this which gives me hope:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jan 3, 2018 6:53 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

I’d want to upgrade 3 LB spots.
Keep Foster at Will.
1 - Upgrade Malcolm/Coyle with a better Mike.
2 - Get an actual god damn Leo.
3 - Upgrade Harold at SLB.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#45 » by NinerSickness » Wed Jan 3, 2018 7:11 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:

Keep Foster at Will.

Selah says he wants Foster to move to the Mike spot, so the Niners need a Sam and a WIll IMO. They should be able to find some adequate starters somewhere IMO; those aren't extremely expensive spots. Malcolm Smith has to go, though.

If I had my druthers, the Niners would draft Nelson and then another guard in the 2nd round. I absolutely love the guard prospects in this draft. I'm hoping maybe Garnett can play C, but that's probably a pipe dream. Kilgore sucks.

W/ you on Anzah. Get him ASAP. Niners' DL would be scary w/ him.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jan 3, 2018 7:26 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Keep Foster at Will.

Selah says he wants Foster to move to the Mike spot, so the Niners need a Sam and a WIll IMO. They should be able to find some adequate starters somewhere IMO; those aren't extremely expensive spots. Malcolm Smith has to go, though.

If I had my druthers, the Niners would draft Nelson and then another guard in the 2nd round. I absolutely love the guard prospects in this draft. I'm hoping maybe Garnett can play C, but that's probably a pipe dream. Kilgore sucks.

Saleh wants to see him go on IR. Dude better put on good weight and work on his technique.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#47 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 2:43 pm

Ray, you can get me more on the Ansah hype.... he's definitely an athletic, pass rusher potential thats peaking my curiosity...

At 6'6, he would add to our long and tall DL....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#48 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 3, 2018 4:43 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

I'm not Jed fan, but I think the lack of spending was all Baalke. I've never seen Jed as being unwilling to shell out money for players if his GM has pushed for it.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#49 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 3, 2018 4:50 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Keep Foster at Will.

Word is they want to try Pita out at SLB. We could stand to upgrade the spot, but I think Harold is adequate and we have lots of other needs. I wouldn't spend big or go out of the way to fill that spot early, but it's one of about a dozen spots I would be fine with them addressing in rounds 2-7, or with a mid-level FA.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#50 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 3, 2018 5:09 pm

Ansah would get my consideration fitting the profile from a physical standpoint but he would scare the daylights out of me with the injuries that have piled up over time for him.

The back injury being of the most concern to me that he admitted might need surgery in his down time. Obviously that would a doctor decision but back injuries in a guy with his background really scares me if a doctor comes back and has anything less than a very rosy picture for him.

He's also had a shoulder and an ankle injury which he says is the reason for only having 2 sacks in 2016 and was a factor again this year. Again that would have to be something I'd want to hear from the doctor on if it's just normal managing issues or if it's something more. Wasn't always in love with the entire Ziggy Ansah package - physical gifts, yes, sign me up; different personality and make up always questionable for MY OWN personality that's tempered my excitement for him. Now the injuries.

This would've been an interesting discussion had he been at this stage of his career when the 49ers were looking for the final pieces to a championship. There MIGHT have been enough there where I'd have been far more willing to take the gamble on just because of the physical gifts that I talked about but I might be a bit shy in taking these risks on right now for a guy that is likely going to get paid.

At the same time it's not like I'm saying pass on him because you can easily go over here and sign player X instead with far less to worry about. I'm not sure where I stand on that exactly or who I could put up instead that might be better or who could fill that spot with these pros and these cons. I need to do more work on that in my down/fun time. So for now all I can say is that Ansah would scare me a little bit but as always I could come up with someone far worse just because I do acknowledge there's a lot to like about Ansah physically IF the doctors come back and could give me something more optimistic than where I sit right now.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#51 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 8:56 pm

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many edge rushers in FA.

Chandler Jones would have been great but the Cards paid him and he had 17 sacks this year in the first year of his deal.

Return to San Francisco 49ers