ODELL BECKHAM

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Re: ODELL BECKHAM 

Post#41 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:39 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:The Rams have the 23 & the 87. Do you think they're going to offer the 23? I don't. They already traded a 2nd rounder from next year, so I doubt they'll dip into 2019. They could throw in a 4th rounder, but that would still be less than the Niners could offer.

Well, there goes my analysis.

Read on Twitter

It'd be nice if the Rams completely blew their loads, though. Would be great for them in 2018, but they'd pay a big, long-term price (not having enough young talent to replace vets who have to leave due to cap concerns).

I had forgotten that they gave up a second rounder for Watkins, in addition to Gaines. That's an awful lot to give up for a one-year rental.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#42 » by Dloading99 » Sun Apr 1, 2018 10:23 am

Read my post it was during the Season so Yeah Hyde was still with the Niners.

Looks like I knew what I was talking about.

if the Rams get Odell Beckham it's over simple as that.

the Reason the Cowboys were so good was because they had Aikman Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin.

the Rams would have the same thing with Goff Gurley and Beckham.

when you have a great Running back hall of fame talent like Gurley Smith you have to put 10 in the Box but you can't put 10 in the box when you have great pro bowl hall of fame Recievers like Beckham and Michael Irvin over the top so you have to respect those guys.

Can't defend it so when defenses game plan it's hard and those teams usually score a lot cause either way somebody is making a big play the Running back Smith Gurley or the Reciever Beckham Irvin.

Kind of funny how Beckham is on track to break all of Jerry Rices records and has had the best receiver statistics this point in his career right there with Jerry Rice to have him come to the Niners would be great.

but it's kind of like the Warriors with Durant Thompson and Curry. they are so great because you have three of the best Three point shooters in the NBA on one perimeter immposible to defend there's always a great three point shooter wide open. you can't double.

same thing with Beckham and Gurley.

I think we need to get This Beckham cause what he can do is open the field for our other players. and give Garopollo that playmaker he needs like I said before. he can do it all on the field and is a great route runner. he's a great receiver and I think he would make us super bowl contenders like when we got Dieon.

You gotta give the Rams props they are getting players and trying to win. Mcvay seems like the kind of coach that a lot of guys want to play for. and they are making the move to be great in this division.

Suh Donald Beast tandem Peters Talib and now Gurley Beckham Goff yeah that gets my attention and everybody in the divisions' attention.

We gotta do something and get Beckham not allow the Rams to be great. cause they are building a super bowl contending team. it's not like they are the seahawks Goff and Gurley haven't even hit their primes yet.

if we get Gronk great. but we gotta get some body.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#43 » by NinerSickness » Sun Apr 1, 2018 8:22 pm

Dloading99 wrote:the Reason the Cowboys were so good was because they had Aikman Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin.

The real source of the Cowboys' offensive power was that O-line. Not saying those other players weren't great, but lots of teams had great QB / RB / WR combos without the kind of sustained dominance the Cowboys had in the 90s.

It also didn't hurt that they had the best or 2nd-best defense in the NFL a lot of those years.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#44 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:41 am

Dloading99 wrote:Read my post it was during the Season so Yeah Hyde was still with the Niners.

Looks like I knew what I was talking about.

if the Rams get Odell Beckham it's over simple as that.

the Reason the Cowboys were so good was because they had Aikman Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin.

the Rams would have the same thing with Goff Gurley and Beckham.

when you have a great Running back hall of fame talent like Gurley Smith you have to put 10 in the Box but you can't put 10 in the box when you have great pro bowl hall of fame Recievers like Beckham and Michael Irvin over the top so you have to respect those guys.

Can't defend it so when defenses game plan it's hard and those teams usually score a lot cause either way somebody is making a big play the Running back Smith Gurley or the Reciever Beckham Irvin.

Kind of funny how Beckham is on track to break all of Jerry Rices records and has had the best receiver statistics this point in his career right there with Jerry Rice to have him come to the Niners would be great.

but it's kind of like the Warriors with Durant Thompson and Curry. they are so great because you have three of the best Three point shooters in the NBA on one perimeter immposible to defend there's always a great three point shooter wide open. you can't double.

same thing with Beckham and Gurley.

I think we need to get This Beckham cause what he can do is open the field for our other players. and give Garopollo that playmaker he needs like I said before. he can do it all on the field and is a great route runner. he's a great receiver and I think he would make us super bowl contenders like when we got Dieon.

You gotta give the Rams props they are getting players and trying to win. Mcvay seems like the kind of coach that a lot of guys want to play for. and they are making the move to be great in this division.

Suh Donald Beast tandem Peters Talib and now Gurley Beckham Goff yeah that gets my attention and everybody in the divisions' attention.

We gotta do something and get Beckham not allow the Rams to be great. cause they are building a super bowl contending team. it's not like they are the seahawks Goff and Gurley haven't even hit their primes yet.

if we get Gronk great. but we gotta get some body.

It's bad enough that you thought Hyde was still on the roster. Now you're pretending that you were talking about last season? Come on. In the paragraph in which you referred to Hyde, you began by talking about the Niners acquiring Beckham, brought up a Giants' GM who joined the team three days before the Niners' 2017 season ended, spoke about the picks the Niners have in the upcoming draft, and then said in reference to adding Beckham, "you put that with the defense and Carlos Hyde...." If you weren't mistaken about Hyde still being on the team, you are literally incapable of stringing together a coherent thought (a possibility I have considered, but ruled out, because you were obviously talking about Hyde still being part of this team).

If the Rams were to add Beckham, you're right, they'd be basically unbeatable for the Niners. They may be that now. They've sold the future a bit - with the luxury of a relatively cheap QB - to make a couple-year run at a Super Bowl before restocking. They may just be out of our league, particularly as you are dramatically overrating our defense in particular. Beckham might get us closer to them, but I'll note that you ignored the first section of my response. What would you give up for Beckham? Would you give up the #9 and #59 picks, and pay him $20 million a year? If you do that, you don't then have plenty of draft picks to go after the Rams.

And Sick already addressed the Cowboys comparison. That team was nasty all around, but on offense, the OL was very arguably the thing that made them special.

And Beckham is on track to break Rice's records? Again, be serious. Rice's second season was 1570 yards and 15 TDs, numbers that Beckham has yet to match. He came back the following year and put up 22 TDs in 12 games. Beckham is incredibly talented, but Rice had six seasons with more yards than Beckham's best season, and eight seasons where he matched or surpassed Beckham's best TD total. Rice was special because of his huge numbers, but also because of his incredible longevity. Twenty seasons, in a league in which players are lucky to last ten. Even in a league that is skewing heavily toward passing, it's unlikely Rice's career numbers will ever be surpassed.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#45 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 4:40 pm

Yeah Rams are trying to accelerate their timetable to win in order to sell PSLs at the new stadium.

Same thing Jed did.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#46 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:31 am

Odell Beckham - WR - Giants

MMQB's Peter King reports the Giants' "likely" asking price for Odell Beckham is two first-round picks.

King also believes a pre-trade contract agreement paying Beckham more than $18 million per year would be required for any trade to come to fruition. King is convinced the Rams are currently the NFL's most interested team in Beckham and would stay involved in trade talks for as long as they go on. ESPN's Adam Schefter has also indicated he believes the Giants' interest in trading OBJ is genuine.
Source: MMQB

Apr 2 - 5:54 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#47 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 3, 2018 5:31 am

Odell Beckham - WR - Giants

Appearing on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he believes the Odell Beckham trade talk to be "very real, absolutely real."

Continuing, Schefter said his "personal guess" is Beckham gets traded based on information he's received and reading between the lines, with this month's draft being the "artificial deadline." Any team trading for Beckham is going to not only have to give up high-end draft picks, but they will also have to compensate Beckham on a long-term deal at what will likely be $17-19 million per year. The draft kicks off in 25 days, so buckle in for more of this story in the coming weeks.
Source: Ross Tucker Football Podcast

Apr 2 - 9:55 PM
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#48 » by NinerSickness » Tue Apr 3, 2018 6:19 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Odell Beckham - WR - Giants

MMQB's Peter King reports the Giants' "likely" asking price for Odell Beckham is two first-round picks.

Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#49 » by Jikkle » Tue Apr 3, 2018 4:49 pm

Shanahan views having an elite WR as a luxury not a necessity so I'd say it's highly unlikely they would trade for OBJ considering the cost it would take in terms of draft picks and contract. Basically, he just wants guys that can beat man to man and the scheme and QB will do the rest.

I'd say the only move they might consider would be for Gronk if the Pats ever get serious about trading him since he would cost far less in draft picks and in terms of the contract as well. I don't see that trade happening but I'd say Kyle would be more onboard with adding Gronk than OBJ.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#50 » by Jikkle » Tue Apr 3, 2018 10:30 pm

With the Rams trading for Cooks that should likely put the OBJ trade talk to rest.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#51 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Apr 4, 2018 12:17 am

Now they're trading a first round pick for another receiver in the last year of his contract? After trading a second for a guy they only had for a season last offseason? WTF are the Rams doing? That's basically as much value as the Pats gave up for Cooks in the first place, and they at least had him under contract for two more years at the time. Great move by the Pats.

The Rams don't pick in this draft until the 87th overall pick. Niners will have made four selections by then, if they don't make any trades during the draft, though the Rams have a boatload of picks in rounds 4-6. This is a real head-scratcher.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#52 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:10 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Now they're trading a first round pick for another receiver in the last year of his contract? After trading a second for a guy they only had for a season last offseason? WTF are the Rams doing? That's basically as much value as the Pats gave up for Cooks in the first place, and they at least had him under contract for two more years at the time. Great move by the Pats.

The Rams don't pick in this draft until the 87th overall pick. Niners will have made four selections by then, if they don't make any trades during the draft, though the Rams have a boatload of picks in rounds 4-6. This is a real head-scratcher.

It was a head scratcher to me too. Giving up a 1st round pick for a good but not great WR on a 1 year deal. To me it seems like the Rams are prematurely going all in and mortgaging the future to try and win now. These high draft picks are needed in the future to help restock the roster from free agent and other roster losses.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by Dloading99 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:37 am

Crimson Crew you punk.

Read the post you don't know what you're talking about. look at the date when I wrote the post. it was When Carlos Hyde was with the team. You flucking idiot.

You just talk crap to talk crap cause you are a hater and have no idea what you're talking about.

I was at Coachella yeah so I don't have time to come on here and read your dumb ass posts. I actually have fun stuff crakin unlike you . I go to cool concerts like Coachella. I get to go hang out with hot chicks unlike you.

I had the nationally syndicated TV show so I don't have to answer your crap. Get a TV show then start a company then talk to me. You BUM.

Odell Beckham might be the best receiver in the league so he can break Jerry Rice's records and Jerry Rice is my favorite player. but if a player is great you give him props. no that's just everyone in the NFL who says Beckham has the most touchdowns this point in his career. but I just made that up. all the NFL people made that up.

and you call yourself a Knowledgeable football fan. why don't you post something worth reading. your just a jealous hater.

Do you just post on here to post? or do you really know football. Do you watch football or do you just look at ESPN
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#54 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Dloading99 wrote:Crimson Crew you punk.

Read the post you don't know what you're talking about. look at the date when I wrote the post. it was When Carlos Hyde was with the team. You flucking idiot.

You just talk crap to talk crap cause you are a hater and have no idea what you're talking about.

I was at Coachella yeah so I don't have time to come on here and read your dumb ass posts. I actually have fun stuff crakin unlike you . I go to cool concerts like Coachella. I get to go hang out with hot chicks unlike you.

I had the nationally syndicated TV show so I don't have to answer your crap. Get a TV show then start a company then talk to me. You BUM.

Odell Beckham might be the best receiver in the league so he can break Jerry Rice's records and Jerry Rice is my favorite player. but if a player is great you give him props. no that's just everyone in the NFL who says Beckham has the most touchdowns this point in his career. but I just made that up. all the NFL people made that up.

and you call yourself a Knowledgeable football fan. why don't you post something worth reading. your just a jealous hater.

Do you just post on here to post? or do you really know football. Do you watch football or do you just look at ESPN

You don't have time to come and read certain posts? What did you just do then? You came on here and read certain posts. That, like a lot of your last two posts, doesn't make sense to ME?
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by Dloading99 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:01 pm

I thought it made sense. all my posts make sense you're just haiting.

Yeah I can't read all the posts on here and always respond. shlit last time I was on here must have been right before free agency so you know Do you.

Just hate. Haters gonna hate.

But like I said it's all there.

I was on L.A. radio today talking Rosen. so you know All Good.

I'm great. my post are great. all the football people listen to me. and it's pretty Cool.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#56 » by Bald Bull » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Dloading99 wrote:I thought it made sense. all my posts make sense you're just haiting.

Yeah I can't read all the posts on here and always respond. shlit last time I was on here must have been right before free agency so you know Do you.

Just hate. Haters gonna hate.

But like I said it's all there.

I was on L.A. radio today talking Rosen. so you know All Good.

I'm great. my post are great. all the football people listen to me. and it's pretty Cool.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#57 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:49 am

we're not calling anyone by foul names.. Let's take it down a notch
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#58 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:54 am

You're right, you did make that post during the season. That's my bad, I didn't realize this was an old thread when it resurfaced and began reading it fresh. Though again, your inability to clearly express yourself prevented you from clearing that up sooner.

No idea what Coachella has to do with anything.

Nationally syndicated show? I guess it's possible. The fact that you're using the past tense suggests you were about as coherent on that as you are on this message board.

That paragraph about Rice is you reverting to incoherence again. I suppose Beckham CAN break Rice's records, if he raises his level of play to this point and plays about 18 years. Not to mention that the game has changed in such a way that Rice would presumably put up even bigger numbers in today's game than he was putting up in the '80s. I'm betting against Beckham getting particularly close. You can give a guy props without saying he's going to be the GOAT - especially when the GOAT in this case was incredible in his prime, and also managed to keep playing years after most players have hung them up. Not sure what your point is about making things up, other than an admission either of lying or ignorance.

You said I was a football genius. I've never claimed to be one. I know the Niners pretty well. I know football in general a bit. I don't consider myself any kind of an expert. I post on here because I like the Niners, have been on various boards with a lot of the members here since '02, and enjoy the community and the football knowledge. I certainly realize - especially around the draft - how many more knowledgeable fans there are out there than me. And I don't have ESPN.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#59 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:55 am

Dloading99 wrote:all my posts make sense

And I'm gonna to ahead and disagree with you there.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by Dloading99 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:23 am

Bald Bull Crimson Crew I was at Coachella and you weren't. I was there. You weren't There. Why you gotta Hate. Don't Hate. I was at Coachella. I was there. Ballin. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crimson Crew This is a smack Board. You can post whatever you want. All cool. I went at you when you went at me and tried talk Ish about me Like I didn't know what I was talking about. so I had to go at you and come at you. you can say what you want but I know the difference of having an opinion and then just trying to talk crap about somebody like you are smarter then them sports wise.

The reason I bought my show up. my nationally syndicated Talk Sports show on TV is because you have no idea what I've accomplished in sports or do in sports. I have and own my own company. that's why I'm not doing the show.

And I have no idea what you do. don't try to act like you are smarter then somebody or better then somebody in sports when you aren't and don't know what that other person does.

My football acumen is way better then yours. glad you been posting on here. Jerry Rice is my favorite player and I'm all about Jerry Rice but if I see Odell Beckham is great and can break his records I'm going to say it. who knows what Jerry Rice would do in this era. I know what Odell is doing in this era. and I give Jerry more props cause he played against the Best DB's Deion Rod Woodson and Arnelius Williams.

Al of my posts make sense. and I've been pretty spot on with most of my stuff Cardinals trading up and trading for Josh Rosen Giants Shopping Odell. Like I said I know sports and watch the game. it's simple as that. cause some grammer might be off or misspelling on a post I'm writing on this forum has nothing to do what I know and have accomplished in sports.

I've met plenty of niners to know I know the 49ers Joe Montana being one of them.

You read way!!!!!!!! too much into my posts. it's all in fun and I'm giving opinion when I say Odell is great I'm saying exactly what any other analyst would say.

I was at Coachella I didn't even read this til I get back and see you are flooding this thread with just crap about what I wroter.

and say what you want about Carlos Hyde it's a fail that a guy we drafted in the 2nd round we let leave our team who was supposed to replace Frank Gore.

I support this team but I will call them out if I think a move is dumb. I've applauded the great draft picks of Willis and Buckner but have called them out for not drafting Rodgers Brady and Rosen that's just me that's my opinion I ripped them for not drafting Fournette and Adams that's just me. my opinion.

I don't know who you are what you do and I don't care to. Do you. I don't go at you and say what you are. and maybe I went in a little to harsh at you with my last post but I got pissed man cause I thought you were trying to be nasty at me. so it's all cool. have your opinion on your posts. this is no big deal. I'm rooting for 9ers. Go Niners.

Return to San Francisco 49ers