ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-2018 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl 52 Weekend

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: 2017-2018 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl 52 Weekend 

Post#141 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:36 am

NinerSickness wrote:How the crap did the Eagles win a Super Bowl? I can barely name 5 EaglesAnd they had Nick Foles at QB. :o

I've had this rolling thought but about the New England Patriots roster. How many New England Patriots would I be really excited about having on my roster if I were in a player acquisition role?

I'm not saying draft style or having to worry about contracts or anything like that. Just straight up how many Patriots I would get EXCITED about having to build a team with. This is regardless of age either to simplify this but obviously you have to take the player that he is today and not say, "I want the 23-year old (so and so) instead." And not guys I just like or would tolerate. Guys that would EXCITE me to have.

Tom Brady (obviously)
Brandin Cooks
Trey Flowers
Rob Gronkowski (even though I think he's a disgusting guy with terrible decision making)
Dion Lewis
Eric Rowe

Sure, there's a couple of fringe guys that would be interesting and tolerable but I cut them off because I'm going with how many would I be really excited to be around what I'd try to build.

---------

Now. How many would excite me on Philadelphia?

Derek Barnett
Fletcher Cox
Rasul Douglas
Brandon Graham
Mack Hollins
Alshon Jeffery
Malcolm Jenkins
Jason Peters
Darren Sproles
Carson Wentz

Here's where the separation REALLY starts to happen. There's almost twice as many guys that would excite me on the Eagles roster than the Patriots roster but when I factor in how many other guys that are a step below that that I just like, and not love, it's even FAR more skewed to the Eagles.

Who'd I pick in this game? Patriots. By 5.

Who'd I have picked with Wentz and Peters playing if NOTHING else changes in the playoff run up (not reasonable because other stuff did happen and change things)? Eagles.

Just an interesting thing I've been thinking. And I understand where some of those guys are at in their careers and what I might not get out of them anymore (Graham, Peters, Sproles). And I could do this for multiple years. It's amazing how unexciting I've found the Patriots roster just when I look at it from an individual standpoint. But obviously football is more than just an individual deal.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#142 » by Dloading99 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 10:21 am

What a game.

Funny the Refs wanted to throw that flag for PI at the end of the game. I thought they were going to throw it. it's amazing how hard it is to beat the Patriots. the Eagles line couldn't get to Brady all game until the last part of the fourth Quarter and made the biggest play of the game.

That Ertz catch was clearly a catch he caught the ball established possession and then tried to score and even if you said the ball was moving he maintained possession in the end zone.

Nick Foles played like a boss went toe to toe with Brady. made all the throws had command of the offense had poise pocket awareness and got the ball to his playmakers receivers all game. this is why I picked Philly because they were new England too many playmakers. and Foles spread it around. they had a no name Quarterback like Brady when they beat the rams and won. and Foles just got it done. he made great throws Jeffreys Aguillar Ertz Smith Clement who I mentioned. that patriot defense was not good and when you saw what Kareem hunt did to them in that offense you would see Eagles had a lot of guys and the better team. Patriots couldn't get that stop and Eagles kept scoring. this is what we all said. Pederson wasn't marone he wasn't Quinn. he went for it. He looked at Bellicheck and said I'm going right at you. great stuff. like watching a movie.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#143 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:57 pm

Dloading99 wrote:What a game.

Funny the Refs wanted to throw that flag for PI at the end of the game. I thought they were going to throw it. it's amazing how hard it is to beat the Patriots. the Eagles line couldn't get to Brady all game until the last part of the fourth Quarter and made the biggest play of the game.

That Ertz catch was clearly a catch he caught the ball established possession and then tried to score and even if you said the ball was moving he maintained possession in the end zone.

Nick Foles played like a boss went toe to toe with Brady. made all the throws had command of the offense had poise pocket awareness and got the ball to his playmakers receivers all game. this is why I picked Philly because they were new England too many playmakers. and Foles spread it around. they had a no name Quarterback like Brady when they beat the rams and won. and Foles just got it done. he made great throws Jeffreys Aguillar Ertz Smith Clement who I mentioned. that patriot defense was not good and when you saw what Kareem hunt did to them in that offense you would see Eagles had a lot of guys and the better team. Patriots couldn't get that stop and Eagles kept scoring. this is what we all said. Pederson wasn't marone he wasn't Quinn. he went for it. He looked at Bellicheck and said I'm going right at you. great stuff. like watching a movie.

The amount of people that still don't know what a catch is, even in relatively basic situations, is astounding to me. Even in situations where things are close because you just can't always be perfect with the camera shots we've got guys paid to do this who lack a basic understanding of some of the catch rules. I'm not talking about the times where technology makes things unclear. I'm talking about having an understanding of what's on the books right now. It still blows my mind how hard sometimes people make certain catches when guys are going to the ground especially.

Just the IDEA of them tearing up the parameters and starting from scratch on what a catch is and isn't makes me so angry. Learn what's on the darn books before you start to put something new in the books regardless of their intention to make it more basic for fans. I don't trust those currently involved and the known people they're speaking to with that to make the framework better than what it currently is.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#144 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:33 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:

The amount of people that still don't know what a catch is, even in relatively basic situations, is astounding to me. Even in situations where things are close because you just can't always be perfect with the camera shots we've got guys paid to do this who lack a basic understanding of some of the catch rules. I'm not talking about the times where technology makes things unclear. I'm talking about having an understanding of what's on the books right now. It still blows my mind how hard sometimes people make certain catches when guys are going to the ground especially.

Just the IDEA of them tearing up the parameters and starting from scratch on what a catch is and isn't makes me so angry. Learn what's on the darn books before you start to put something new in the books regardless of their intention to make it more basic for fans. I don't trust those currently involved and the known people they're speaking to with that to make the framework better than what it currently is.

As soon as they showed the replay I knew it was a TD. Well, even before the replay for that matter (seeing it live full speed). Ertz was clearly a runner at that point and “made a football move” (as a result the ball coming out was an irrelevant issue because he crossed the plain...). I was shocked to see that the refs took that much time to make a ruling. Embarrassing on their part.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#145 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:46 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:

As soon as they showed the replay I knew it was a TD. Well, even before the replay for that matter (seeing it live full speed). Ertz was clearly a runner at that point and “made a football move” (as a result the ball coming out was an irrelevant issue because he crossed the plain...). I was shocked to see that the refs took that much time to make a ruling. Embarrassing on their part.

Usually I don't care TOO much how much time they take to get it right. Just so they get it right and make their best effort to explain themselves upon return to the field if needed.

The only time where the amount of time bugs me as a fan is if I have an emotional tie to the game and I start to feel like the delay is slowing down the tempo the team I'm emotionally tied to was wanting to dictate. Tempo and I guess momentum you could also say, too. That would probably bug me more if I'm a coach or a personnel guy that's having to be wrapped up into it more than just me as a fan. Those times would be real hard, especially in the instances where it does seem rather obvious. Otherwise, take what you need to get it right.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#146 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:52 pm

Congrats to the Eagles!!!

(sorry all, work is still time consuming for the time being, normality will return)
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#147 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Feb 5, 2018 9:21 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:How the crap did the Eagles win a Super Bowl? I can barely name 5 EaglesAnd they had Nick Foles at QB. :o

I've had this rolling thought but about the New England Patriots roster. How many New England Patriots would I be really excited about having on my roster if I were in a player acquisition role?

I'm not saying draft style or having to worry about contracts or anything like that. Just straight up how many Patriots I would get EXCITED about having to build a team with. This is regardless of age either to simplify this but obviously you have to take the player that he is today and not say, "I want the 23-year old (so and so) instead." And not guys I just like or would tolerate. Guys that would EXCITE me to have.

Tom Brady (obviously)
Brandin Cooks
Trey Flowers
Rob Gronkowski (even though I think he's a disgusting guy with terrible decision making)
Dion Lewis
Eric Rowe

Sure, there's a couple of fringe guys that would be interesting and tolerable but I cut them off because I'm going with how many would I be really excited to be around what I'd try to build.

---------

Now. How many would excite me on Philadelphia?

Derek Barnett
Fletcher Cox
Rasul Douglas
Brandon Graham
Mack Hollins
Alshon Jeffery
Malcolm Jenkins
Jason Peters
Darren Sproles
Carson Wentz

Here's where the separation REALLY starts to happen. There's almost twice as many guys that would excite me on the Eagles roster than the Patriots roster but when I factor in how many other guys that are a step below that that I just like, and not love, it's even FAR more skewed to the Eagles.

Who'd I pick in this game? Patriots. By 5.

Who'd I have picked with Wentz and Peters playing if NOTHING else changes in the playoff run up (not reasonable because other stuff did happen and change things)? Eagles.

Just an interesting thing I've been thinking. And I understand where some of those guys are at in their careers and what I might not get out of them anymore (Graham, Peters, Sproles). And I could do this for multiple years. It's amazing how unexciting I've found the Patriots roster just when I look at it from an individual standpoint. But obviously football is more than just an individual deal.

Add Kelce, Ertz, Lane Johnson and Clements for me.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#148 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 11:24 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:

Usually I don't care TOO much how much time they take to get it right. Just so they get it right and make their best effort to explain themselves upon return to the field if needed.

The only time where the amount of time bugs me as a fan is if I have an emotional tie to the game and I start to feel like the delay is slowing down the tempo the team I'm emotionally tied to was wanting to dictate. Tempo and I guess momentum you could also say, too. That would probably bug me more if I'm a coach or a personnel guy that's having to be wrapped up into it more than just me as a fan. Those times would be real hard, especially in the instances where it does seem rather obvious. Otherwise, take what you need to get it right.

I had no problem with it. The only thing I hated was having to listen to Chris Collingsworth bitch and moan about the two plays after the replay reviews confirmed the calls.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#149 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Feb 6, 2018 12:14 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

I had no problem with it. The only thing I hated was having to listen to Chris Collingsworth bitch and moan about the two plays after the replay reviews confirmed the calls.

He's a very small part of the problem. Using lines like, "I have no idea what is a catch anymore and what isn't." That's on you (Collinsworth). Learn the darn structure of the rule. Especially when it should be part of the job description, or, at the very least, if you would like to be considered one of the game's better game callers.

Him, and others like him, bumbling and stumbling through it each time only makes the fringe fans moan and groan about it which seems to be forcing those high up in the league to debate whether they should change the wording. Stupid.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#150 » by Dloading99 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:41 am

it's very unprofessional and I think it was very unprofessional by Collinsworth as a Commentator you have to be on both teams not just one team. and it sounded like the whole game he was all patriots even the talk about Brady can still win it after he fumbled. the fact that he was so on one side on both catches.

I mean the line that sticks out to me is the I give up!!!!! dude was like Venting during the game. I'm like am I listening to the game or am I listening to a patriots fan party talking amongst themselves about the game. I was debating to put the game on mute. Al Michaels was obviously like what are you doing? he kept having to bring it back. he's a pro Collinsworth is a joke.

As for the catch it was clearly a catch Ertz made two football moves if anything he fumbled into the end zone trying to score but he recovered his own fumble in the end zone. and he already broke the plain. he caught the ball made his moves broke the plain that's a touchdown. and Jesse James caught the ball dropped the ball after breaking the plain. Zach Ertz made football moves was running with the ball after his catch. what are we talking about. he caught the ball and scored. hilarious.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#151 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:

He's a very small part of the problem. Using lines like, "I have no idea what is a catch anymore and what isn't." That's on you (Collinsworth). Learn the darn structure of the rule. Especially when it should be part of the job description, or, at the very least, if you would like to be considered one of the game's better game callers.

Him, and others like him, bumbling and stumbling through it each time only makes the fringe fans moan and groan about it which seems to be forcing those high up in the league to debate whether they should change the wording. Stupid.

Yes, that's true. I was just annoyed he wouldn't let it go even after instant replay confirmed the call. Those refs looked at it multiple times and I trust them to know whatever the rules are more than Chris Collingsworth
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#152 » by Dloading99 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:25 am

I thought Gene Salvatore did a great job on the game.

Jason Kelce was great. at the Parade Legendary. he roasted Michael Lombardi.

Return to San Francisco 49ers