Foster arrested for possession of Marijauana in Alabama

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Foster arrested for possession of Marijauana in Alabama 

Post#1 » by Bald Bull » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 am

great. :banghead:

It's legal in cali, there is no excuse for getting arrested with it in another state. Details are still coming in, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be a case of him attempting to traffic legal Cali weed to Alabama to sell it.

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/12/reuben-foster-arrested-for-marijuana-possession-in-alabama/
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Re: Foster arrested for possession of Marijauana in Alabama 

Post#2 » by Bald Bull » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:47 am

Maiocco says it comes with a fine for the first time, but wasn't he already in the program thanks to the combine diluted sample?
Read on Twitter
shouldakepowens
Senior
And1: 20

Post#3 » by shouldakepowens » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:20 am

I can't say I'm surprised :nonono:
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Ray_Dogg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 am

More ammo for drafting Roquan Smith.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#5 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:28 am

Disappointed.... Ughhhhh hope he learns quickly n drops the habit
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#6 » by Dloading99 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Not good. just not surprising. somebody needs to get a hold of this kid. hopefully Norton. stay in Cali with it. it should be legal. but this guy came in with red flags and all season it was good. off season comes and he's trippin in Bama. probably partying with the guys celebrating the national championship. he's supposed to be one of the leaders not good. he needs to learn from it.
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#7 » by The Hack » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:More ammo for drafting Roquan Smith.

Sucks being forced into making a pick....but I agree. I was warming up to Nelson if he's there, but now we have to take a top-flight ILB :nonono:
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#8 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:42 pm

shouldakepowens wrote:I can't say I'm surprised :nonono:

Me too!!
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#9 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:More ammo for drafting Roquan Smith.

#Facts!!

Or a trade down for Malik Jefferson.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#10 » by Jikkle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Expensive mistake for Foster.

I for the life of me could never understand these guys and their decision making when it comes to potential loss of millions of dollars.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#11 » by Jikkle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 pm

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#12 » by NinerSickness » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 am

Jikkle wrote:
Read on Twitter

Expensive mistake for Foster.

I for the life of me could never understand these guys and their decision making when it comes to potential loss of millions of dollars.

They didn't get to the NFL because they're smart.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#13 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:54 pm

It's weed in 2017.

But if Foster was driving a nice ride at the time, he's going to be a target down there.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#14 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 am

Dloading99 wrote:Not good. just not surprising. somebody needs to get a hold of this kid. hopefully Norton. stay in Cali with it. it should be legal. but this guy came in with red flags and all season it was good. off season comes and he's trippin in Bama. probably partying with the guys celebrating the national championship. he's supposed to be one of the leaders not good. he needs to learn from it.

He was already in the league protocol, so unfortunately he doesn't have a track record of learning from mistakes.

Hopefully, he doesn't go down the Josh Gordon path. For his sake, and the team's. The defense is definitely much better with him in there.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#15 » by Dloading99 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:49 am

Okay couple of things. this is weed in 2018. it's not like it was Molly or anything. the guy was smoking some hippy lettuce and let's be real guys when you play a position like linebacker you should be able to smoke some weed. I'm all for it. I'm all for pot. and I'm not going to be prude about it. there are stores in Cali where you can walk in and buy pot.

Rackquoen Smith is not Reuben Foster is a beast ray lewis kind of talent. but Like I said Coaches need to get a hold of him. cause he's a kid and he's not acting mature. he's not acting like a tyron Mathehwee. some guys have real issues with this like Josh Gordon even reminds me of the Aldon Smith days.

But he's talented. but don't act like he wont' be our linebacker. this is probably two games two game suspension.

But he's gotta get with the other guys. I'm talking about locker room guys on that defense. Deforest Buckner good guys. he's too valuable to us and what we are building.

AND I REPEAT I'm still taking Nelson we gotta have that guy on our line. or my boy Minkah Fitzpatrick.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#16 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Dloading99 wrote:Okay couple of things. this is weed in 2018. it's not like it was Molly or anything. the guy was smoking some hippy lettuce and let's be real guys when you play a position like linebacker you should be able to smoke some weed. I'm all for it. I'm all for pot. and I'm not going to be prude about it. there are stores in Cali where you can walk in and buy pot.

Rackquoen Smith is not Reuben Foster is a beast ray lewis kind of talent. but Like I said Coaches need to get a hold of him. cause he's a kid and he's not acting mature. he's not acting like a tyron Mathehwee. some guys have real issues with this like Josh Gordon even reminds me of the Aldon Smith days.

But he's talented. but don't act like he wont' be our linebacker. this is probably two games two game suspension.

But he's gotta get with the other guys. I'm talking about locker room guys on that defense. Deforest Buckner good guys. he's too valuable to us and what we are building.

AND I REPEAT I'm still taking Nelson we gotta have that guy on our line. or my boy Minkah Fitzpatrick.

To the bold part.

If you're trying to change the opinions of some fans' stance on marijuana then fine. That's another deal. I never enter that debate in a sports forum.

If you're trying to make it about the NFL and anything to do with them relaxing the rules on marijuana then good luck with that one. You'll be waiting a bit IMO.

Personal feelings. I'm a bit of a jerk to some people about it and I really don't care. I have next to zero sympathy for these kinds of rules violations. Not that he or his base is asking for any. It's not an obscure rule. It's not a rule that's so hard of an ask for players, coaches, executives to follow. Don't break it unless you're good and/or can live with potentially getting caught and living with the resulting consequences.

Maybe just maybe he thought of the rule or running the risk of it and still said, "Screw it," it's worth the risk to me. I don't know. I don't care if his argument in his own head (we'll likely never get his true feelings on marijuana) is that marijuana isn't a big deal and he's good with the consequences of now being charged/accused of this.

The people who set the rules for employment and playing time ask that you don't do it or you'll face some kind of discipline. Follow what they ask of you if you want to be guaranteed of playing 16+ games a year. That goes with every rule for as long as you're employed by them.

Usually I only bring this next part up with people that show the immaturity about the situation but if they, the athlete, or someone who is thinking about making that their job, don't like the rule, think it's silly/stupid/etc., and don't want to be constrained by it, then go find another profession if it's that big of an issue to you. Or, I guess, you can always be one of the people who makes it part of their life's work to try and get the rule changed but again I say to you good luck with that one for the time being.

I had so many takes on the maturity of Reuben Foster during his last season, during the pre-draft process, before the Combine, during the Combine, after the Combine, during his really weird, fake, phony, and rehearsed car wash at ESPN and other networks, and then again during the draft and post draft after he became a Niner. It all remained the same. The maturity of Reuben Foster scared the bejesus out of me through all that. It didn't scream peg him as a leader type for your defense whether that's a leader or THE leader. I'm not a big "I said so" type of guy and that's not what this is. I'm just disappointed in more people who do this same stuff for a living who I felt at the time weren't doing a good enough job of spotting specific character traits that were screaming out rather than it being a potential whisper. It's part of the fascinating part about scouting and player evaluation that happens all the time, however.

That'll tick some people off because we're at a point when a large segment of society thinks taking part in that has no affect on specific parts of your game, specifically leadership abilities. Ok, whatever. Availability does, however IMO. And that's now the world Foster has entered because it's going to potentially affect his availability. Normally I'd use the word "sad" but it's not sad other than for the others around him who it affects. Completely unavoidable. Ridiculous IMO.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#17 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Rapoport on circumstances surrounding Reuben Foster’s arrest: ‘I’m not sure we’ve dealt with this before as a league’

http://www.knbr.com/2018/01/15/rapoport-on-circumstances-surrounding-reuben-fosters-arrest-im-not-sure-weve-dealt-with-this-before-as-a-league/
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:02 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Rapoport on circumstances surrounding Reuben Foster’s arrest: ‘I’m not sure we’ve dealt with this before as a league’

http://www.knbr.com/2018/01/15/rapoport-on-circumstances-surrounding-reuben-fosters-arrest-im-not-sure-weve-dealt-with-this-before-as-a-league/

i thought a fine is enough, a suspension? for a first time nfl offense? thats bogus.
The ModFather

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#19 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:Rapoport on circumstances surrounding Reuben Foster’s arrest: ‘I’m not sure we’ve dealt with this before as a league’

i thought a fine is enough, a suspension? for a first time nfl offense? thats bogus.

Well, he was already in the NFL's (confidential) drug program for having admitted to providing a diluted urine sample at the Combine. In the NFL's eyes, a diluted sample is the same thing as a positive test.

If someone wants to debate the California vs. NFL stuff, go ahead. I'm out on that debate.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Well, he was already in the NFL's (confidential) drug program for having admitted to providing a diluted urine sample at the Combine. In the NFL's eyes, a diluted sample is the same thing as a positive test.

If someone wants to debate the California vs. NFL stuff, go ahead. I'm out on that debate.

i'm not debating anything, I didn't know or forgot about the diluted sample given... that's a flaggish type decision IMO.

ok, now I'm worried about Foster.
The ModFather

Return to San Francisco 49ers