Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: Foster arrested for possession of Marijauana in Alabama 

Post#21 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:49 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:i thought a fine is enough, a suspension? for a first time nfl offense? thats bogus.

Well, he was already in the NFL's (confidential) drug program for having admitted to providing a diluted urine sample at the Combine. In the NFL's eyes, a diluted sample is the same thing as a positive test.

If someone wants to debate the California vs. NFL stuff, go ahead. I'm out on that debate.

i'm not debating anything, I didn't know or forgot about the diluted sample given... that's a flaggish type decision IMO.

ok, now I'm worried about Foster.

Didn't mean it like that. I'm saying that debate can take place since it was brought up this morning that Foster and his agent could look into it. I'm just saying I'm out on it because the topic isn't a specialty of mine and I'm not incredibly well read on that avenue of it all. That's why I shouldn't talk about it.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#22 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Rapoport on circumstances surrounding Reuben Foster’s arrest: ‘I’m not sure we’ve dealt with this before as a league’

http://www.knbr.com/2018/01/15/rapoport-on-circumstances-surrounding-reuben-fosters-arrest-im-not-sure-weve-dealt-with-this-before-as-a-league/

I can't think of an specific instance off the top of my head, but I'm sure there have been several cases of players getting popped for firearm related offenses in one state, even if they were legal in another.

This is essentially the same basic concept. In my opinion, saying its legal in my home state is an extremely weak argument/defense.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#23 » by Dloading99 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Chris pzzzz

The NFL rule is the NFL rule that's not going to change. but look at the NBA they are thinking about changing it. I've been around sports. and it's very simple. don't sit up here and act like Athletes don't smoke weed cause a lot of them do. it's part of socializing. and some just smoke to smoke and some smoke for football and what they go through playing the game.

So to sit up here and act like none of these players smoke is a joke. they just know when to not smoke. Ruben Got caught with Weed. it happens. but if it's a superstar Quarterback we are saying okay give this guy a chance he'll learn from it. I don't know how much football you've watched remember Todd Maranovich Ryan Leaf those guys got chance after chance cause they were prized Quarterbacks teams wanted the potential. and they invested draft picks in them.

Why is Josh Gordon back on the browns cause he can ball. Why did Tyron get drafted cause he's a baller. Players are going to smoke that's going to happen. Superstar players are going to smoke weed.

I'm a guy who says look don't act like states aren't saying that you can smoke weed. Brandon Bowner was a great CB he smoked the hippy lettuce. it doesn't mess with your leadership ability or playing that's a joke. You can still be productive.

Lawrence Taylor was a hall of famer and he wasn't smoking just weed. so come on. Lawrence Taylor was the best athlete defensive player.

Rueben Has ability he needs to be a man and own it. The reason he was there was for pot. Yeah but the niners know what they are doing. He should have his crew carrying his weed for him. But back to Reuben I'm not going to look at a player and say wow you smoke Weed I'm not going to draft you. You seem like a bay area guy would you not draft Klay Thompson cause whoopee he got caught with weed at Washington State I 'don't know maybe the best shooter ever.

The point I'm making to you is Athletes are going to smoke this stuff and they are going to play it aint stoppin them from smoking it. Ask Leveon Bell ask Lagrette Blount ask Reuben Foster. They enjoy it and as far as I'm concerned they still play great and are productive on the field.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#24 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:15 am

Maybe that's why he slid to a lower position than he was expected to be picked.

Yeah NFL doesn't care that pot is legal in one way or another in most of the states now. They want to use it as leverage to make the NFLPA give them concessions somewhere else.

But maybe Foster doesn't get pulled over in the first place in CA vs. AL.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#25 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:16 am

Dloading99 wrote:Chris pzzzz

The NFL rule is the NFL rule that's not going to change. but look at the NBA they are thinking about changing it. I've been around sports. and it's very simple. don't sit up here and act like Athletes don't smoke weed cause a lot of them do. it's part of socializing. and some just smoke to smoke and some smoke for football and what they go through playing the game.

So to sit up here and act like none of these players smoke is a joke. they just know when to not smoke. Ruben Got caught with Weed. it happens. but if it's a superstar Quarterback we are saying okay give this guy a chance he'll learn from it. I don't know how much football you've watched remember Todd Maranovich Ryan Leaf those guys got chance after chance cause they were prized Quarterbacks teams wanted the potential. and they invested draft picks in them.

Why is Josh Gordon back on the browns cause he can ball. Why did Tyron get drafted cause he's a baller. Players are going to smoke that's going to happen. Superstar players are going to smoke weed.

I'm a guy who says look don't act like states aren't saying that you can smoke weed. Brandon Bowner was a great CB he smoked the hippy lettuce. it doesn't mess with your leadership ability or playing that's a joke. You can still be productive.

Lawrence Taylor was a hall of famer and he wasn't smoking just weed. so come on. Lawrence Taylor was the best athlete defensive player.

Rueben Has ability he needs to be a man and own it. The reason he was there was for pot. Yeah but the niners know what they are doing. He should have his crew carrying his weed for him. But back to Reuben I'm not going to look at a player and say wow you smoke Weed I'm not going to draft you. You seem like a bay area guy would you not draft Klay Thompson cause whoopee he got caught with weed at Washington State I 'don't know maybe the best shooter ever.

The point I'm making to you is Athletes are going to smoke this stuff and they are going to play it aint stoppin them from smoking it. Ask Leveon Bell ask Lagrette Blount ask Reuben Foster. They enjoy it and as far as I'm concerned they still play great and are productive on the field.

I have never acted like nobody in the league ever smokes. I have no idea where you got that idea. I think a whole bunch of players touch the stuff.

The "it happens" line used that way is what's another joke. So? Yeah, they use it. And for now when it happens and you get caught you face the consequences set by the league. That's what also happens. Those in the league and those passionate about the subject have to deal with that.

"Superstar players are going to smoke." I don't care who you are. 3rd string, backup, starter, superstar, Hall of Famer, it doesn't matter to me. That makes zero difference to me.

Yet again. If you want to debate whether these guys should be allowed to use it. That's fine. You can have that debate and I'll step aside and sit that one out. It's a separate issue to me.

I'm ranting and raving about having the maturity to know what your place of employment requires out of you to stay in compliance with what's on the books for however long it is on the books so that you can continue to earn a paycheck and play the game of football.

This is the part I'm most passionate about because I very hotly debated the Reuben Foster maturity level before he was drafted and gave my educated two cents to a bunch of people, many informed but probably more uninformed, and now here we are dealing with a league issue that affects the things I listed above.

If this turns into a should they be allowed to use thing I will gladly step aside and people can have that debate. I'm personally not interested in going there.

Forgive the passion coming from me but the make up of these kids coming into the NFL these days is something that really fires me up - good and bad- and I can really get going when it comes up.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#26 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 am

Bowman’s nickname is Smoky. He blazes a lot from what I have heard.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#27 » by Dloading99 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 am

Yeah we can debate that but I'm just telling you we are an organization who drafts guys takes guys who have checkered past.

Aldon Smith was there because he had some issues. so we knew when we got Reuben Foster what this was.

From all accounts he was a great guy in San Francisco but the minute he got home to Alabama it was back to ways he was when he wasn't in the bay. so a lot of it is what do you do when the guy is not on the football field.

I think the 49ers have to set up a system of monitoring Rubens off season program. when he gets around those people they should have him reporting back to San Francisco. but you can't babysit these guys. so hopefully he gets it. he has a lot of talent.

We have to build the defense.

I'm all about these guys learning and becoming better players. hopefully reuben can.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#28 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Dloading99 wrote:Yeah we can debate that but I'm just telling you we are an organization who drafts guys takes guys who have checkered past.

Aldon Smith was there because he had some issues. so we knew when we got Reuben Foster what this was.

From all accounts he was a great guy in San Francisco but the minute he got home to Alabama it was back to ways he was when he wasn't in the bay. so a lot of it is what do you do when the guy is not on the football field.

I think the 49ers have to set up a system of monitoring Rubens off season program. when he gets around those people they should have him reporting back to San Francisco. but you can't babysit these guys. so hopefully he gets it. he has a lot of talent.

We have to build the defense.

I'm all about these guys learning and becoming better players. hopefully reuben can.

Almost exactly my darn point! Maturity, maturity, maturity. I don't know how many more times I can say it so maybe I should just stop.

One more small thing. Agree on players/people learning and becoming better. That's a part of coaching which I'm a part of. That's all good with me. Obviously I hope Reuben can. I've just stated since last February why I have or why I might have trouble getting to that point with Reuben.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#29 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 pm

I guess it's not going to be easy to get him to live here in the offseason since his family and friends are back home.

Maybe Willis didn't live here full time either right away.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#30 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 pm

Ted Robinson weighs in on 49ers LB Reuben Foster’s arrest

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/113476-ted-robinson-weighs-49ers-reuben-fosters-arrest/
tallglassowater
Junior
And1: 22

Post#31 » by tallglassowater » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Jikkle wrote:
Read on Twitter

Expensive mistake for Foster.

I for the life of me could never understand these guys and their decision making when it comes to potential loss of millions of dollars.

Not to defend them, but these guys are smashing their heads every single day. Head trauma can severely hamper you inhibitions and make you do **** on a whim when you wouldn't have.

Return to San Francisco 49ers