AND WITH THE SECOND PICK OF THE 2019 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: AND WITH THE THIRD PICK OF THE 2019 NFL DRAFT 

Post#101 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:31 am

I can't believe our stupid **** luck....are you kidding me? We're losing out a rightfully deserve top 2 finish... Fml
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,504

Post#102 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:37 am

We're going to end up 6 and 10 and almost out of the top 10 like last year, aren't we?
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#103 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:44 am

wco81 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Yeah like no team has fudged the injury report and "shut down" players before. :noway:

What is the point, they rack up more meaningless numbers in a season the team doesn't make the playoffs so they can make higher salary for empty stats?

You always do this. I never said ANYTHING about benefit vs. risk. I'm talking reality.

You're Kyle Shanahan. How does that conversation go in THIS INSTANCE? Explain it to me. You also don't have the benefit of saying each guy is playing on one leg each. Have you listened to Kittle and Buckner every week? Forget that part of it. Give me a hypothetical on how that conversation goes.

C'mon. I'm not trying to be rude but you continually make arguments that are ridiculous and not based in reality. Unless you believe Kyle Shanahan isn't going to be the HC next year and it won't matter what the players think of him beyond this year. That's not living in reality.

You know what. I don't care if it's rude in this instance because you always do it. You got caught suggesting something stupid and are now trying to come up with something that doesn't sound asinine.

Oh you're the authority on "reality" now?

Give me a **** break.

Reality is these end of season wins don't matter.

We hoped they got some momentum with the way they finished last season and how did that work out?

Watch some key injuries happen in these meaningless games. Then they won't even be ready for the start of next season.

Check my posting history and see where I stand. I'll put my posts up against anyone's on here when it comes to reality vs. fantasy vs. the emotional. Just do the work.

You still never answered my questions. Like always.

Until then, the rest isn't worth my time. No offense.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#104 » by NinerSickness » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:45 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:So who is everyone’s pick at 4? Assume Bosa and Q Williams are gone.

High on Josh Allen

Niners need to think long-term IMO. Sign a couple of big-name FAs and trade down. Target a quality guy or guys like Greedy Williams, Clelin Ferrell, Trevon Diggs, my guy Christian Wilkins, Devin White if he slips...

Then pick up some 2nds & 3rds and get the best players on the board. Niners aren't close to being SB contenders, especially with Jimmy coming off an ACL. I think 2019 is going to be a rebuilding year.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 941

Post#105 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:07 am

The good news is that the Jags pick 5th as of now, so any team thinking QB is going to have to get ahead of them.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#106 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:07 am

NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:So who is everyone’s pick at 4? Assume Bosa and Q Williams are gone.

High on Josh Allen

Niners need to think long-term IMO. Sign a couple of big-name FAs and trade down. Target a quality guy or guys like Greedy Williams, Clelin Ferrell, Trevon Diggs, my guy Christian Wilkins, Devin White if he slips...

Then pick up some 2nds & 3rds and get the best players on the board. Niners aren't close to being SB contenders, especially with Jimmy coming off an ACL. I think 2019 is going to be a rebuilding year.

Trading down/out is an option as always. I just can't keep ignoring the likes of a legit game changing pass rusher. Enough is enough and I'm not going to let a two game win streak change everything I've seen from the defense this season.

We need help on all three levels on the defense, Line, LB and Secondary.

For once in the last 10 years or so, I'm for a CB drafting with our high first. Greedy comes to mind.

I would hope we can steal Devin White, he'll be great here in this system.

Sick, who would be the big name FAs now? The ones I'd go hard for are still tag eligble.
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#107 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:09 am

Read on Twitter

apparently 3rd overall now due to Rams losing....
The ModFather

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by NinerSickness » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:21 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Trading down/out is an option as always. I just can't keep ignoring the likes of a legit game changing pass rusher. Enough is enough and I'm not going to let a two game win streak change everything I've seen from the defense this season.

For once in the last 10 years or so, I'm for a CB drafting with our high first. Greedy comes to mind.

Sick, who would be the big name FAs now? The ones I'd go hard for are still tag eligble.

Well, I think Bosa is that Edge Rusher, and he's going to be long gone. I think FA is now the best route to get an edge guy.

Ezekiel Anzah & Demarcus Lawrence both might see URFA, but I smell a FA bust in both of those guys. Everson Griffen might get cut; always liked him since he was a freshman in college (Bingo too). I could see Justin Houston getting the axe as well. Clowney will almost certainly get franchised...

However, the team might just have to go another year without a great edge rusher; it'd be foolish to force the issue and reach for a guy who isn't worth it or overpay for a FA who ends up being a bust who just mails it in, like I have a feeling Anzah & Lawrence will be.

Dee Ford might hit URFA, but he could get franchised.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#109 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:34 pm

I want no part of Ansah. He's not special as a pass rusher despite some seasons with good sack numbers. Lawrence and Frank Clark are the two guys I would look at, but I doubt either hits FA. Lawrence has questions about how much effort he'll put in once he gets the big contract, but I think the reward is worth the risk. I don't have similar concerns with Clark, but I'm confident he'll either re-sign or get franchised.

Clelin Ferrell might be our best bet to address the position this offseason. I haven't seen much of him at all, so not sure if he's going to actually solve the problem. Given our need and the depth at the position, I could absolutely live with taking two edge rushers in the first four rounds.

We're seeing a late-season surge on D along the lines of what we saw last year, with young players coming in and looking surprisingly good. I guess the question is whether it's sustainable or if, like last year, it's a bit of a mirage. Lee has been playing well, Moore played surprisingly well yesterday and will likely have more opportunities, DJ Reed and DJ Jones have both played pretty well when given a shot, and Marcell Harris is showing some things. Can they continue the upswing? Or will they revert early next season a la Witherspoon and Colbert?
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#110 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Quinnen Williams is just as good as Bosa, at their respective positions. Meaning if this were Madden player rankings Bosa gets 97 as a DE prospect, and so would Q-Dub as a defensive tackle. I’d be content with Quinnen if we miss out on Bosa.

And for the record I’m still super high on Ed Oliver:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/17/dont-overthink-ed-oliver-as-top-nfl-draft-prospect/
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#111 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:I want no part of Ansah. He's not special as a pass rusher despite some seasons with good sack numbers. Lawrence and Frank Clark are the two guys I would look at, but I doubt either hits FA. Lawrence has questions about how much effort he'll put in once he gets the big contract, but I think the reward is worth the risk. I don't have similar concerns with Clark, but I'm confident he'll either re-sign or get franchised.

Clelin Ferrell might be our best bet to address the position this offseason. I haven't seen much of him at all, so not sure if he's going to actually solve the problem. Given our need and the depth at the position, I could absolutely live with taking two edge rushers in the first four rounds.

We're seeing a late-season surge on D along the lines of what we saw last year, with young players coming in and looking surprisingly good. I guess the question is whether it's sustainable or if, like last year, it's a bit of a mirage. Lee has been playing well, Moore played surprisingly well yesterday and will likely have more opportunities, DJ Reed and DJ Jones have both played pretty well when given a shot, and Marcell Harris is showing some things. Can they continue the upswing? Or will they revert early next season a la Witherspoon and Colbert?

Colbert played so well last year that he tricked the top decision makers to pass up on Derwin James in the draft. Smh.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#112 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Quinnen Williams is just as good as Bosa, at their respective positions. Meaning if this were Madden player rankings Bosa gets 97 as a DE prospect, and so would Q-Dub as a defensive tackle. I’d be content with Quinnen if we miss out on Bosa.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/17/dont-overthink-ed-oliver-as-top-nfl-draft-prospect/

I just don't know that we can justify another pick on the interior DL given how weak our edge rush has been, and given our needs at other spots. Every level of the D could use a high pick, and we could justify a high pick at most spots on offense. If Williams is there and the clear BPA, you've got to consider him, of course, but that would be four picks in five years at effectively the same position. It would put the Lions' WR picks to shame. Though even as I say it, I'm struck that the Lions had three bad first-round WR picks, skipped a year, and then hit on Calvin Johnson. So maybe there is something to that strategy, after all....
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by NinerSickness » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:And for the record I’m still super high on Ed Oliver:

Yeah, but the Niners don't need yet another oversized DE. At 279, he's not going to be an every-down DT; he'll need to play 3-4 DE in a 1-gap scheme.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#114 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Devin White would be good to get if possible as our 2nd selection
The ModFather

CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#115 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:36 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Devin White would be good to get if possible as our 2nd selection

That would be a huge fall, no? I see him consistently ranked in the top-10, if not top-5. Granted it's not an incredibly coveted position, but falling into the 30s is hard to imagine.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#116 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Quinnen Williams is just as good as Bosa, at their respective positions. Meaning if this were Madden player rankings Bosa gets 97 as a DE prospect, and so would Q-Dub as a defensive tackle. I’d be content with Quinnen if we miss out on Bosa.

I don’t think Q makes it to the third pick.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:39 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Devin White would be good to get if possible as our 2nd selection

That would be a huge fall, no? I see him consistently ranked in the top-10, if not top-5. Granted it's not an incredibly coveted position, but falling into the 30s is hard to imagine.

Yeah White is probably going in the first 15 picks. Let’s face it. The first half of the first round is piss poor. No elite QB, tackle, WR or RB. It’s gonna force guys to go higher. Our pick is in a massive talent drop off area imo. Just freaking peachy.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:40 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:And for the record I’m still super high on Ed Oliver:

Yeah, but the Niners don't need yet another oversized DE. At 279, he's not going to be an every-down DT; he'll need to play 3-4 DE in a 1-gap scheme.

Oliver is a massive risk and I want no part of it. I’d rather have Wilkins.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:43 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:I want no part of Ansah. He's not special as a pass rusher despite some seasons with good sack numbers. Lawrence and Frank Clark are the two guys I would look at, but I doubt either hits FA. Lawrence has questions about how much effort he'll put in once he gets the big contract, but I think the reward is worth the risk. I don't have similar concerns with Clark, but I'm confident he'll either re-sign or get franchised.

Ferrell kills me. Absolutely prototypical size. You watch games and he’s invisible. The hope is he gets better with age but momma I’m scared he’s not putting up the most sacks in the country with the talent he has playing with him on that line. Hell he might be the 4th best guy they have. Stomaching that dice roll that high in the draft. Don’t think I could do it.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:44 am

NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Trading down/out is an option as always. I just can't keep ignoring the likes of a legit game changing pass rusher. Enough is enough and I'm not going to let a two game win streak change everything I've seen from the defense this season.

Well, I think Bosa is that Edge Rusher, and he's going to be long gone. I think FA is now the best route to get an edge guy.

Ezekiel Anzah & Demarcus Lawrence both might see URFA, but I smell a FA bust in both of those guys. Everson Griffen might get cut; always liked him since he was a freshman in college (Bingo too). I could see Justin Houston getting the axe as well. Clowney will almost certainly get franchised...

However, the team might just have to go another year without a great edge rusher; it'd be foolish to force the issue and reach for a guy who isn't worth it or overpay for a FA who ends up being a bust who just mails it in, like I have a feeling Anzah & Lawrence will be.

Dee Ford might hit URFA, but he could get franchised.

Griffin, Houston and Ansah..in that order.

Return to San Francisco 49ers