AND WITH THE SECOND PICK OF THE 2019 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: AND WITH THE TWENTY-THIRD PICK OF THE 2019 NFL DRAFT 

Post#21 » by NinerSickness » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 am

WOOHOO!!! GO LIONS!!!

Now we need the Bills & Cardinals to win some games...
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#22 » by I_am_1z » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:58 pm

23rd?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#23 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:22 pm

I_am_1z wrote:23rd?

we'll trade back into the fist :lol:
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#25 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:51 pm

I'm looking over the Niners' schedule, and I think five wins is still pretty feasible. We play AZ twice, which should be wins unless Rosen is surprisingly good as a rookie. We also play Oakland and the Giants. In fact, because of how the schedule shapes up, we could go into the bye at 5-5. Though tough to see a game in which we'd be favored after that.Last year, five wins would have us picking somewhere in the 5-8 range. I'd be thinking edge or CB anywhere in the top-10.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,199

Post#26 » by wco81 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:22 am

Why even try to win 5 games if that's how low the ceiling is?

What would winning 4 more games do for the team other than worsen their draft position?

If they had a chance at going .500, I'd say go for it.

But it's not like they'll have a lot of choice. Too many holes on this team so they won't be able to dictate their record.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#27 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:31 am

I'm not disagreeing, but the coaches and players won't see it that way. They're still going to compete, and they should.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#28 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Best mock I’ve seen for us this far:

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2019/
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by NinerSickness » Tue Oct 2, 2018 6:15 am

I wanted to root for 'Bama OLT Jonah Williams, a CA guy who's smaller, quick and great at pulling (what Niners need), but the guy just isn't living up to expectations IMO.

Not the athlete Greg Little or Trey Adams is in terms of balance, strength & smooth movements. He's just awkward out there in comparison, which isn't something you want in a smaller OL.

I think the Niners should trade Joe Staley because they need to rebuild; OL needs to be very high on the list IMO.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by NinerSickness » Tue Oct 2, 2018 6:35 am

...Speaking of Trey Adams, is the guy worth the risk with his injury history? 6'8 w/ a torn ACL and back surgery??? Will miss all of 2018 apparently...

Baalke special or the next Jason Peters? I know those are 2 ends of the extreme (Peters had a major injury in college, right?).
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#31 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Oct 2, 2018 5:31 pm

The 49ers need an edge rusher and cornerback #1 and #2 in this draft. Don't mind reversing that order if the talent is better at the cornerback position in the first round
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#33 » by Ray_Dogg » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2019-nfl-mock-draft-updated-2-round-projections-heading-into-week-6/

Wow. They have Montgomery as a very high second rounder.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#34 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2019-nfl-mock-draft-updated-2-round-projections-heading-into-week-6/

If we take another DL in the top five - and he's not a pass-rushing DE - I will lose my ****. Especially if that pick is sandwiched between edge rushers as we see here. We've got a lot of talent at interior DL at this point. We need speed off the edge. My view is that we need to take a DE, CB, or LT with that pick. Basically any other pick and I'll be disappointed - though obviously it's early still.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by NinerSickness » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:54 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:

If we take another DL in the top five - and he's not a pass-rushing DE - I will lose my ****. Especially if that pick is sandwiched between edge rushers as we see here. We've got a lot of talent at interior DL at this point. We need speed off the edge. My view is that we need to take a DE, CB, or LT with that pick. Basically any other pick and I'll be disappointed - though obviously it's early still.

Nick Bosa makes the most sense.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#36 » by Jikkle » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:41 pm

In that scenario do the Cards take Bosa over Oliver when they already have Chandler Jones?

If they have both players closer on their board I would think they would go with Oliver instead of Bosa.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#37 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:33 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:

I hear you Crims, but he’s no ordinary defensive tackle though. He could very well be the next Aaron Donald, or even better (Warren Sapp).
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#38 » by CrimsonCrew » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

I hear you Crims, but he’s no ordinary defensive tackle though. He could very well be the next Aaron Donald, or even better (Warren Sapp).

If there weren't very good edge rushers available, I'd be more amenable to it. But Buckner is a pro bowl caliber player, and we've got a number of options we can line up to get solid production next to him. Adding Oliver would be an admission that both Thomas and Armstead were busts. And if they are, I get that you need to move on from them, but our inability to generate any pressure off the edge has been a huge problem all season, and really well before that.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by NinerSickness » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:42 am

If the Niners drafted Nick Bosa #1 overall, they would have a:

On the D-line in terms of where they were picked. For an average of 7. And they'd still probably need another starter or 2. That's sad.

Lynch = amateur
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#40 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:29 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

If there weren't very good edge rushers available, I'd be more amenable to it. But Buckner is a pro bowl caliber player, and we've got a number of options we can line up to get solid production next to him. Adding Oliver would be an admission that both Thomas and Armstead were busts. And if they are, I get that you need to move on from them, but our inability to generate any pressure off the edge has been a huge problem all season, and really well before that.

That admission may already been determined...…

Armstead since long ago but Thomas is basically on track for it.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to San Francisco 49ers