ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 CFB SEASON / '19 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: 2018-19 CFB SEASON / '19 NFL DRAFT 

Post#161 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 am

NinerSickness wrote:I honestly did not know that. I thought he played at 292.

Nick Bosa or bust. There's literally nobody else I want at the top of the draft.

GO VaGIANTS / COLTS!!!

Nick Bosa - DL - Buckeyes

The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs lists the 49ers as the team most likely to land Ohio State junior DE Nick Bosa.

Bosa also gives the Buccaneers, Cardinals, Colts and Raiders as teams that have a chance to land the star edge-rusher, who announced he was leaving Ohio State and entering the 2019 draft. The 49ers are a disappointing 1-5 to start the year, and as Crabbs notes, they have a brutal upcoming schedule left. San Francisco won't need to draft a quarterback high with Jimmy Garoppolo coming back from his ACL injury, so if they do get the top pick, Bosa would make an awful lot of sense.
Source: The Draft Network

Oct 17 - 6:21 PM
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#162 » by Bald Bull » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:22 am

I don't know what round he is expected to go in, but I want JJ Arcega-Whiteside.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#163 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Bald Bull wrote:I don't know what round he is expected to go in, but I want JJ Arcega-Whiteside.

He’s a good player. I think he’s going to end being drafted in the second round.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#164 » by NinerSickness » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Nick Bosa or bust. There's literally nobody else I want at the top of the draft.

GO VaGIANTS / COLTS!!!

The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs lists the 49ers as the team most likely to land Ohio State junior DE Nick Bosa.

Bosa also gives the Buccaneers, Cardinals, Colts and Raiders as teams that have a chance to land the star edge-rusher, who announced he was leaving Ohio State and entering the 2019 draft. The 49ers are a disappointing 1-5 to start the year, and as Crabbs notes, they have a brutal upcoming schedule left. San Francisco won't need to draft a quarterback high with Jimmy Garoppolo coming back from his ACL injury, so if they do get the top pick, Bosa would make an awful lot of sense.

Who else is worried that Nick Bosa will have injury problems like his older brother? With the team as bad as they are, maybe they should trade down & get more picks & go after a DE in FA?
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#165 » by Ray_Dogg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:22 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

GO VaGIANTS / COLTS!!!

Who else is worried that Nick Bosa will have injury problems like his older brother? With the team as bad as they are, maybe they should trade down & get more picks & go after a DE in FA?

Bosa, Gary, Ferrell, Allen, Sweat and Polite as possible first round rushers. I’d listen to trade down offers for sure.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#166 » by NinerSickness » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Bosa, Gary, Ferrell, Allen, Sweat and Polite as possible first round rushers. I’d listen to trade down offers for sure.

Clelin Ferrell might end up being better than Bosa, eventually. I might be more comfortable drafting him, considering he's never missed a game, and he might have a higher ceiling.

I'd trade the Niners' DL for the Clemson DL straight up.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#167 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:08 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

GO VaGIANTS / COLTS!!!

I know he’ll have injury issues in the NFL. Going against bigger and stronger men in the trenches is not good a person with muscle core problems
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#168 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:10 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Clelin Ferrell might end up being better than Bosa, eventually. I might be more comfortable drafting him, considering he's never missed a game, and he might have a higher ceiling.

We need to stay put and draft Aaron Donald 2.0.

Anyway, Ferrell will end up going to the Raiders.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#169 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm

The Raiders now have three 1st rounders with the Cooper trade
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#170 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:The Raiders now have three 1st rounders with the Cooper trade

If I’m them, I’m picking defensive players only with those first round picks.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#171 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Quinnen Williams - DL - Crimson Tide

Alabama redshirt sophomore DL Quinnen Williams ranks fourth on Dane Brugler of the Athletic's Top 32 draft board.

The three ahead of Williams: Ohio State's Nick Bosa, Oregon's Justin Herbert and Houston's Ed Oliver. It's been quite a rise for Williams (6'4/295); but it makes sense for anyone who has seen him play as he's been as dominant -- if not more so -- than any player in the SEC. "He has an explosive first step with the heavy hands to create immediate knock-back, giving NFL scouts flashbacks of Gerald McCoy when he was at Oklahoma," writes Brugler. Williams could return for two more seasons if he wanted to, but with a strong chance of being a top 10 selection, this is likely the last year we see Williams in Tuscaloosa. At least as a football player, anyway.
Source: The Athletic

Oct 22 - 5:08 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#172 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Rashan Gary - DL - Wolverines

Michigan junior DE Rashan Gary's shoulder injury could cause him to miss the rest of the season.

Michigan's defense has been playing just fine without Gary (6'5/290) but this would obviously be a significant loss for the Wolverines. Wolverines HC Jim Harbaugh seemingly stated that Gary's not playing against Michigan State was his decision, saying that Gary "didn't feel like he could go." It's possible Gary wants to stay healthy ahead of draft time -- one can't blame him for that -- and we don't see the talented junior again in 2018.
Source: Michigan Live

Oct 22 - 4:01 PM
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#173 » by NinerSickness » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:16 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:We need to stay put and draft Aaron Donald 2.0.

I don't think that exists. I say sign Suh in the offseason instead. Weakens the Rams; Niners have the 1-2 punch in the middle.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by NinerSickness » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:30 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Rashan Gary - DL - Wolverines

Michigan junior DE Rashan Gary's shoulder injury could cause him to miss the rest of the season.

Michigan's defense has been playing just fine without Gary (6'5/290) but this would obviously be a significant loss for the Wolverines. Wolverines HC Jim Harbaugh seemingly stated that Gary's not playing against Michigan State was his decision, saying that Gary "didn't feel like he could go." It's possible Gary wants to stay healthy ahead of draft time -- one can't blame him for that -- and we don't see the talented junior again in 2018.
Source: Michigan Live

Oct 22 - 4:01 PM

Another Baalke bust.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#175 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:The Raiders now have three 1st rounders with the Cooper trade

If I’m them, I’m picking defensive players only with those first round picks.

At least two.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#176 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:57 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

[b]Clelin Ferrell might end up being better than Bosa, eventually.[/b] I might be more comfortable drafting him, considering he's never missed a game, and he might have a higher ceiling.

No way!! Bosa is a monster. As an edge player he’s in a class by himself Sick.

I actually think both of Michigan Wolverines DEs are better or just as good as Ferrell.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#177 » by NinerSickness » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:24 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:

[b]Clelin Ferrell might end up being better than Bosa, eventually.[/b] I might be more comfortable drafting him, considering he's never missed a game, and he might have a higher ceiling.

No way!! Bosa is a monster. As an edge player he’s in a class by himself Sick.

I actually think both of Michigan Wolverines DEs are better or just as good as Ferrell.

Well, I'm always wary of DL who look great but play with other great DL (The Ryan Sims / Julius Peppers effect).

Clearly, Bosa is the best DE in college football right now. But I reserve judgment about their ceilings until the combine.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#178 » by Ray_Dogg » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:23 pm

I gotta watch some more Ferrell. He has supposedly improved this year. In the past when I have watched him he goes long stretches without doing anything.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#179 » by Pattersonca65 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Seems like last year's pass rushing draft class has been pretty quiet thus far. I am not hearing a whole lot. Landry's name has been thrown around alot. He only has one sack so far this year and from what I've read he has been pretty quiet on the field lately.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#180 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:We need to stay put and draft Aaron Donald 2.0.

I don't think that exists. I say sign Suh in the offseason instead. Weakens the Rams; Niners have the 1-2 punch in the middle.

You don’t believe in Ed Oliver!?

Return to San Francisco 49ers