Post#461 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 am

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Re: 2018-19 CFB SEASON / '19 NFL DRAFT 

Post#462 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:42 am

Marquise Brown - WR - Sooners

ESPN's Todd McShay ranks Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown 11th in his updated top 32 prospects for the 2019 NFL Draft.

That's a big jump for Brown, who previously ranked 25th. He's one of three wideouts who rank on the list, joining Ole Miss's DK Metcalf (17th) and South Carolina's Deebo Samuel (31). McShay has concerns about how Brown will handle press corners with his sleight build (5'10/166) but notes his ability to "win vertically" and the damage he can do with the ball in his hands. At this point, it sure seems like Brown is a lock for the first round.
Source: ESPN

Jan 29 - 7:42 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#463 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:44 am

Dalton Risner - T - Wildcats

Draft Wire's Luke Easterling projects the Minnesota Vikings to select Kansas State OL Dalton Risner with the 18th pick in his latest 2019 Mock Draft.

This one makes a lot of sense on paper, and we expect to see this connection more going forward. Risner was excellent in the senior bowl, and as The Draft Network's Jon Ledyard wrote, , "[W]e’re really running out of reasons why he shouldn’t (be drafted in the first round)." He can play multiple positions, and he's been an analytical darling. There are concerns about upside and athleticism, but his production and ability to play center, guard or right tackle make him one of the highest floor offensive lineman in the class.
Source: Draft Wire

Jan 29 - 7:26 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#464 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:50 am

If he last that long in the draft, we better trade up into the late 20s to get him:

Ed Oliver - DL - Cougars

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein projects the Chargers to take Houston DT Ed Oliver with the 28th pick in his first 2019 NFL Mock Draft.

Wow. Oliver has seen his stock slide despite a solid year for the Cougars in his junior year, but we keep seeing the former five-star signing slide. This is the lowest we've seen the 6-foot-3, 292-pound defender go. Zierlein has concerns about his lack of ideal size, and it could hurt him as a pass-rusher -- the most common complaint we've seen about the 2017 Outland Trophy winner. Even if he's "only" a run defender, Oliver has a chance to be a steal if he falls this late.
Source: College Football Talk

Jan 29 - 6:26 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#465 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 am

George Kittle 2.0

T.J. Hockenson - TE - Hawkeyes

ESPN's Todd McShay lists Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson 16th on his updated top 32 prospects for the 2019 NFL Draft.

That makes Hockenson the highest rated tight end in McShay's board. It's also a big rise, as the 6-foot-5, 250-pounder was unranked in his previous edition. There are two other players at the position in McShay's 32: Irv Smith of Alabama at 24, and Hockenson's teammate, Noah Fant, at 28. He notes that Hockenson's "talent and toughness are obvious," and also that he can play both the F and Y position. Right now, all of the momentum seems to state that Hockenson will be the first tight end drafted. The combine, pro day, and team needs can change a lot, though.

Jan 29 - 9:46 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#466 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 am

N'Keal Harry - WR - Sun Devils

An anonymous scout tells Bob McGinn Football that Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry reminds him of Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans.

The scout tells McGinn that they have a similar athletic background, and both can win with size (Harry is listed at 6'4/213). "Kind of a deceptive speed guy," the scout tells McGinn. "More of an acrobatic type receiver. From what people say at Arizona State, he’s just a terrific person." Harry has his fans -- and some who are not so sold on the wideout -- but if he gets more comps to a star like Evans, he has a chance to be among the first wideouts selected. The combine is going to be massive for him.
Source: Bob McGinn Football

Jan 29 - 10:07 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#467 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:45 am

Devin Bush - LB - Wolverines

ESPN's Todd McShay ranks Michigan LB Devin Bush 18th in his updated top 32 prospects for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Bush takes a hard drop in McShay's latest rankings, as he was previously eighth on his board. Some of that has to do with players at the Senior Bowl rising, but some of it also could have to do with concerns about Bush's size (5'11/233) and as McShay notes, his "struggle to disengage" when blockers get into his pads. Still, it seems extremely likely that Bush will be a first-round pick, but the combine could be significant; he has to win with athleticism rather than size.

Jan 29 - 10:28 PM
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 957

Post#468 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:54 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:If he last that long in the draft, we better trade up into the late 20s to get him:

Ed Oliver - DL - Cougars

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein projects the Chargers to take Houston DT Ed Oliver with the 28th pick in his first 2019 NFL Mock Draft.

Wow. Oliver has seen his stock slide despite a solid year for the Cougars in his junior year, but we keep seeing the former five-star signing slide. This is the lowest we've seen the 6-foot-3, 292-pound defender go. Zierlein has concerns about his lack of ideal size, and it could hurt him as a pass-rusher -- the most common complaint we've seen about the 2017 Outland Trophy winner. Even if he's "only" a run defender, Oliver has a chance to be a steal if he falls this late.

It's just odd to read that sentence in an era when Aaron Donald is far and away the best interior pass-rusher in the NFL. For that matter, Geno Atkins has a similar build to Donald. Gerald McCoy came into the league at similar numbers to Oliver (McCoy was 6'4", 295), pending Oliver's official measurements. Hell, Fletcher Cox came in under 300 pounds at that combine.

I'd think the bigger concerns about Oliver as a pass-rusher would center on the fact that he wasn't terribly effective at it this past season.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#469 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:03 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:If he last that long in the draft, we better trade up into the late 20s to get him:

Ed Oliver - DL - Cougars

It's just odd to read that sentence in an era when Aaron Donald is far and away the best interior pass-rusher in the NFL. For that matter, Geno Atkins has a similar build to Donald. Gerald McCoy came into the league at similar numbers to Oliver (McCoy was 6'4", 295), pending Oliver's official measurements. Hell, Fletcher Cox came in under 300 pounds at that combine.

I'd think the bigger concerns about Oliver as a pass-rusher would center on the fact that he wasn't terribly effective at it this past season.

I've seen 280 lbs thrown around as Oliver's suspected weight. I think that is where they are getting the undersized from.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#470 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

Ed Oliver - DL - Cougars

I've seen 280 lbs thrown around as Oliver's suspected weight. I think that is where they are getting the undersized from.

Even there you've got basically a Michael Bennett build. Lots of guys play on the edge on base downs and shift inside to rush the passer. I'd think the question would be more whether he can hold up against the run at that size than rush the passer.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#471 » by NinerSickness » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:29 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Even there you've got basically a Michael Bennett build. Lots of guys play on the edge on base downs and shift inside to rush the passer. I'd think the question would be more whether he can hold up against the run at that size than rush the passer.

Don't forget to factor that Michael Bennett was on this many steroids:

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#472 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 am

Josh Allen - LB - Wildcats

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn of Bob McGinn Football that Kentucky EDGE LB Josh Allen reminds him of Bears EDGE Khalil Mack.

Well, that's some high praise. Allen has been moving up draft board since the start of the 2018 season, and he was mocked by NFL.com's Lance Zierlein as the first pick. "Best linebacker in the draft," the scout told McGinn. "Played on and off the line of scrimmage in a two- and three-point. You want him coming off the edge. Sometimes you wish he’d be a little bit more physical." At this point, Allen seems like a lock for the first round -- and maybe even a lock for the 5-to-10.

Jan 30 - 8:46 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#473 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:15 am

Kyler Murray - QB - Sooners

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn of Bob McGinn Football that he believes that Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray is better than Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield.

As you likely know, Murray was the backup to Mayfield in 2017 while Mayfield won the Heisman Trophy; and a year later, Murray won the Heisman. Where he's going in the draft, however, is widely up for debate, but one scout is pretty sold. "He’s a better player than Mayfield," the scout said. "Is he a better pro prospect? Mayfield (6-0 ½, 215, 4.84) was taller. I think Murray has a stronger arm. He’s Doug Flutie with all the better skills." Obviously, that's high praise, but because of the size concerns -- and some worries potentially about his baseball contract -- it's doubtful at this point that he's a serious contender for the first pick. A lot can change in three months.

Jan 30 - 5:55 PM
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#474 » by Ray_Dogg » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:24 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Josh Allen - LB - Wildcats

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn of Bob McGinn Football that Kentucky EDGE LB Josh Allen reminds him of Bears EDGE Khalil Mack.

Well, that's some high praise. Allen has been moving up draft board since the start of the 2018 season, and he was mocked by NFL.com's Lance Zierlein as the first pick. "Best linebacker in the draft," the scout told McGinn. "Played on and off the line of scrimmage in a two- and three-point. You want him coming off the edge. Sometimes you wish he’d be a little bit more physical." At this point, Allen seems like a lock for the first round -- and maybe even a lock for the 5-to-10.

Wished he’d be a little more physical isn’t something that reminds me of Mack lol.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#475 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#476 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:23 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Josh Allen - LB - Wildcats

I hope that buzz just keeps building for Allen, and he truly does go #1 overall. In some ways, he's probably a better complement to Chandler Jones than Bosa is, as Jones isn't a guy you really want dropping into coverage much. As I said previously, having two 3-4 OLBs like Jones and Bosa could lead to some issues as both are pure pass rushers. I'd still take Bosa over Allen in the 3-4, but the more buzz Allen gets, the better (as long as we don't do something crazy....).

Personally, I still see Allen as an excellent SLB who is above average (at that position) at rushing the passer. He can bend the edge a bit, but he's not Von Miller, and he just doesn't have the pass rush repertoire to win consistently at the NFL IMO. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I don't think he's anywhere near a sure thing as a primary pass rusher. And the value just isn't there at SLB.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#477 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:50 am

Yo Ray, I want Hakeem Butler man... you think he’ll last all the way to our second round pick?

Was it you, or it might’ve been Crims who recently said that it wouldn’t be a good look for us to draft a receiver once again in the second round. I sort of agree but he would be too good to pass up on IMO. We desperately need a big body on the outside and be a menace in the redzone.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#478 » by Ray_Dogg » Fri Feb 1, 2019 4:23 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Yo Ray, I want Hakeem Butler man... you think he’ll last all the way to our second round pick?

Was it you, or it might’ve been Crims who recently said that it wouldn’t be a good look for us to draft a receiver once again in the second round. I sort of agree but he would be too good to pass up on IMO. We desperately need a big body on the outside and be a menace in the redzone.

I love Butler. WR in the second would require us to sign and draft a pass rusher first, only way I’d be comfortable doing it. Butler is criminally slept on. Unless there is a big run on WRs he could last longer than we think. Of course a fast combine could drastically change his stock. Dane Brugler for example doesn’t have him in his top 10 WRs and his 4th rated WR comes in at 50 for his top 50 big board.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#479 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Feb 1, 2019 4:34 pm

I said I would be reluctant to take a WR in the second. I don't make any hard and fast rules when it comes to the draft. If a WR is the best player, we need to take him unless it's a very close call with a player at a position where the need is greater. But I'm sure hoping that edge, CB, or LB presents value at that spot. Maybe even an OT to replace Staley.

I don't love our WR corps, and we've certainly got injury issues, but our TE and RB should be plus receivers, and if Goodwin and Pettis are healthy, our receiving group as a whole is good enough to compete on offense. Especially with Shanahan calling the offense.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#480 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Not the worst thing I'll see today but he definitely hasn't been one of the most well spoken 21-year olds I've seen.

Return to San Francisco 49ers