ImageImageImageImageImage

Should the Niners Draft a QB Now?

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Should the Niners Draft a QB Now? 

Post#1 » by NinerSickness » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:07 am

Jimmy didn't really even have the chance to prove that he's legit', and the team is super-duper f***ed if he's not. And especially if he's coming back from an ACL tear (Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!! :banghead: ), should the team have a backup plan?

Here's the top-rated guy in CFB right now. Not a fan of the long release, but he has some good qualities:

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: Should the Niners Draft a QB Now? 

Post#2 » by NinerSickness » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:27 am

Like what I've seen from Drew Lock from MizzU, but I have to see more...
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#3 » by I_am_1z » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:35 am

Get Tyler Rogers and save him from the CFL!
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#4 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 am

Funny you created this thread to address this specific matter. I was thinking the same thing too shortly after letting the situation sink in: realization that our season is now doomed, and we have to resort / plan in drafting in the top three again.

Anyway, I think both Herbert and Drew Lock are both very good passers IMO and have enough tools to be NFL starters. I like Lock better...! Despite all that the player I think have the most potential to be a star in the league is Dwayne Haskins. I need to watch more of him but so far he seems like a “can’t miss” type prospect. Actual If he declares i’d be upset if we pass on him.

Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for the other QB prospects (Lock, Herbert, and Will Grier). I think we can pass on them for better stud prospects such as Bosa or Ed Oliver.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#5 » by Jikkle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:36 am

I'd say you go with a pass rusher over a QB.

With QB the 9ers at least have someone that you feel has a legit shot at being a top 10 QB with edge rusher you absolutely have nobody at the position that you would even call decent.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#6 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:21 pm

No way I'd touch QB before the 5th round IMO.

Until we hear Jimmy G has a career ending injury, we have to wait til next season and if healthy, the season after and so forth through his contract.

We need to rebuild that defense with players that matter and make an impact. Young men who want to become grown ass men who plays hard and plays to win. No more of this soft ass sh*t...

Pass rushers, credible interior presence, CB/Secondary needs a jolt of life and focus. Shannahan to me can fix and improve the offense with anyone(almost). They too need a true playmaker here or there but that side is a lot closer than the other side.

And if we do pay attention to the def. side of the ball and Jimmy G looks bust-ish, then at that point(after a few seasons) we go into a QB and hopefully put him in a strong position to succeed early.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#7 » by arich35 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 pm

I don't see a point, we have a lot of other holes we need to fill before QB.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#8 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - 49ers

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports an MRI has confirmed Jimmy Garoppolo's initial diagnosis of a torn left ACL.

Garoppolo is also believed to have MCL damage, but that's yet to be confirmed. That would threaten to delay his surgery. It's the worst news the 49ers could have gotten this season. Garoppolo's play was a little shakier than it was in 2017, but he was still performing at a high level with obvious room for improvement. His loss essentially pauses the 49ers' rebuild. 2018 is going to have a hard time not feeling like a wasted year in San Francisco. 2017 third-rounder C.J. Beathard will finish the year under center. When he's next in the huddle, Garoppolo will be 27 years old with just 10 career starts.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 24 - 3:09 PM
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#9 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - 49ers

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports an MRI has confirmed Jimmy Garoppolo's initial diagnosis of a torn left ACL.

Garoppolo is also believed to have MCL damage, but that's yet to be confirmed. That would threaten to delay his surgery. It's the worst news the 49ers could have gotten this season. Garoppolo's play was a little shakier than it was in 2017, but he was still performing at a high level with obvious room for improvement. His loss essentially pauses the 49ers' rebuild. 2018 is going to have a hard time not feeling like a wasted year in San Francisco. 2017 third-rounder C.J. Beathard will finish the year under center. When he's next in the huddle, Garoppolo will be 27 years old with just 10 career starts.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 24 - 3:09 PM

No doubt it sucks because we might be heading back to pre Jimmy G offense last year. Hopefully this year isn't entirely wasted and the team uses this season to improve the defense.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#10 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Pass rusher and pass rusher and pass rusher. In that order.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#11 » by I_am_1z » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Let's steal Brogan Roback off the Browns PS assuming he's still affliated with the team. We're not going to win anways, might as well as make our games a comical delight

Return to San Francisco 49ers