ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-season

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: 2019 Off-season 

Post#1401 » by NinerSickness » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:34 am

Time to put this thread to bed. Nighty night, thread.

arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#1402 » by arich35 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:20 am

Waiting for the new one....
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1403 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Oct 7, 2019 1:18 am

Next offseason I think we’re going to end up spending big money on big name free agents, in particular Melvin Gordon, and A.J. Green. I don’t think we will be in play for Jalen Ramsey but still we will end up with quite a few big name acquisitions.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#1404 » by arich35 » Mon Oct 7, 2019 3:27 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Next offseason I think we’re going to end up spending big money on big name free agents, in particular Melvin Gordon, and A.J. Green. I don’t think we will be in play for Jalen Ramsey but still we will end up with quite a few big name acquisitions.

I don't see it, we have our own guys to pay so I don't think they will go after multiple big names, maybe one and I would hope it is Ramsey
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#1405 » by Jikkle » Mon Oct 7, 2019 8:37 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Next offseason I think we’re going to end up spending big money on big name free agents, in particular Melvin Gordon, and A.J. Green. I don’t think we will be in play for Jalen Ramsey but still we will end up with quite a few big name acquisitions.

Have to wait and see how the season goes.

If they make a deep playoff run they might be aggressive in free agency to push the team over the edge.

But I tend to think they'll be conservative and focus on resigning their own guys and addressing their needs in the draft.

As it stands as of today the only problem area of the the offensive line so I hope that's a focus in whatever they do in the offseason.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1406 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:10 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-a-j-green-von-miller-land-on-new-teams-in-special-trade-deadline-projection/amp/
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#1407 » by Jikkle » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-a-j-green-von-miller-land-on-new-teams-in-special-trade-deadline-projection/amp/

A lot of those proposed trades don't make a lot of sense.

I can't imagine a scenario where Denver would give up Miller for just a swap of 1st rounders with the Falcons.

And I can't see the Cardinals sending Chandler Jones to a division rival for a late 1st when they would have plenty of other teams willing to send a 1st for Jones.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1408 » by NinerSickness » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:32 pm

Jikkle wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

A lot of those proposed trades don't make a lot of sense.

I can't imagine a scenario where Denver would give up Miller for just a swap of 1st rounders with the Falcons.

And I can't see the Cardinals sending Chandler Jones to a division rival for a late 1st when they would have plenty of other teams willing to send a 1st for Jones.

Leonard Williams is on the block? Interesting...

Maybe they'd take Solly & a pick (cheaper for them; Solly goes to a 3-4, where he might dominate). That way, the Niners could get even better on the inside than they already are (which would be scary). Never rest on your laurels.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#1409 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:56 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:I'd much rather pursue a Shaq Barrett for half the price than Fowler for what he's likely to get.

Was re-visiting this thread. I was wrong. Barrett got less than 1/3 of the money that Fowler got.

Return to San Francisco 49ers