ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-'20 CFB SEASON / '20 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Re: 2019-'20 CFB SEASON / '20 NFL DRAFT 

Post#322 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Leaning toward Herbert being the pick at #5, Tagovailoa falling into the teens, and Love into the 20's. The injury history for Tagovailoa and the inconsistent tape for Love seem to be issues for teams to take in the top 6. Maybe I'm wrong and they both go top 10, who really knows? I think the Chargers are a real wild card and could simply take the best talent available, whether that's Isaiah Simmons or top tackle on their board. They've met with the top 4 and possibly traded Okung with that in mind at #6.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#323 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:11 pm

JERRY JEUDY
WR, COLLEGE PLAYER

The Colorado Springs Gazette's Woody Paige reports the Broncos could be looking to trade into the Top 10 for Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy in next week's draft.

It's the same thing NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah reported in his most recent Move the Sticks podcast. Broncos GM John Elway is clearly high on Jeudy, and while it would be wise to sit back and allow what's being touted as the deepest wide receiver class in history to simply fall where they may, the organization is doing a poor job of keeping their cards close to the vest. Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb, Alabama's Henry Ruggs, and Jeudy are all expected to hear their names called at some point between picks 8-16, but the ongoing mystery of exactly where they land is what continues to make this year's draft the Wild West.
RELATED: Courtland Sutton, Denver Broncos, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers, Las Vegas Raiders
SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on Twitter

Apr 19, 2020, 5:26 AM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#324 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:57 pm

CEEDEE LAMB
WR, COLLEGE PLAYER

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Raiders GM Mike Mayock "loves" Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb.

King elaborates, "Mayock loves him, thinks he’s the most complete receiver in the draft, and even though I think [Jon] Gruden likely would prefer the take-the-top-off speed of Henry Ruggs, he’s happy to have a true number one receiver who can win consistently against NFL-caliber corners." This is not a surprise, and the Raiders are squarely in range to find their new No. 1 receiver with two top-20 selections. Lamb has been compared to DeAndre Hopkins by many draft analysts and would likely be Las Vegas' top receiver as a rookie. Expect Lamb, Ruggs, and Jerry Jeudy to be selected within the first 20 picks this Thursday.
RELATED: Las Vegas Raiders
SOURCE: NBC Sports

Apr 20, 2020, 2:26 AM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#325 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:59 pm

ISAIAH SIMMONS
LB, COLLEGE PLAYER

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Panthers "love" Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons.

It's not a surprise. Simmons is the best linebacker (or safety) prospect in the class, and the organization is replacing Luke Kuechly following his retirement. Simmons' positional versatility and elite athleticism (4.39 forty, 39-inch vertical) make him a consensus top-10 prospect. It's possible that he goes in the top-six, but he'll be squarely in the mix at No. 7 overall when the Panthers are on the clock if he slides beyond that.

Apr 20, 2020, 2:17 AM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#326 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:00 pm

ANDREW THOMAS
T, COLLEGE PLAYER

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Chargers have "loved" Georgia LT Andrew Thomas "throughout the fall and winter."

In King's mock draft, he has the Dolphins selecting Justin Herbert and the Chargers passing on Tua Tagovailoa for Thomas, who has drawn interest from "several teams in the top 10" per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. King admits he doesn't know what the Chargers will do if Tagovailoa is available at No. 6, but the drum continues to beat for Thomas as a potential top-10 selection. In fact, King notes that Thomas is the Browns' "preferred" pick at 10th overall. Expect Thomas, Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs, and Mekhi Becton to be selected in the first half of Round 1 this Thursday.

Apr 20, 2020, 2:05 AM ET
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#327 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Shefter said this morning that the 49ers are looking to trade both the #13 and #31 picks.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager

Post#328 » by GS Warriors 1 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:50 pm

wco81 wrote:Shefter said this morning that the 49ers are looking to trade both the #13 and #31 picks.

Said either or both, which makes sense.

Read on Twitter

Would still put strong odds on 31 getting moved, have seen some say it's the most obvious pick to be traded on Thursday.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#329 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:12 pm

If Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs, Thomas, and Wills are all gone, I think it's a no-brainer to trade back from 13 if we can get value for it. If not, I guess we go Ruggs or the top CB. I could live with Kinlaw, but I'd prefer not to use the pick we got for Buckner on a guy whose upside is Buckner. Especially as our DL should still be good this year, if not necessarily special (that might hinge on Ford's health).
GS Warriors 1
General Manager

Post#330 » by GS Warriors 1 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Lynch had a "Zoom" conference with the 49ers media/beat writers:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#331 » by NinerSickness » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:52 am

This is the first CFB season I didn't follow very closely in like 20 years. That said, I have a couple opinions (not extremely strong opinions but I'll put it out there regardless).

1. Kenneth Murray ILB Oklahoma: overrated. He's slow to react IMO.

2. I like Willie Gay LB, Miss. State. Must-draft inf he's there in the 3rd IMO (if the Niners traded into round 3 of course).

3. Shane Lemieux: meh. I wish this were a stronger G/C class; I like Brunskill, but I'm not optimistic Richburg will return to his old form.

4. I like OT Jedrick Wills from 'Bama better than OT Wirfs from Iowa. Wirfs is rated higher (combine?), but If the Niners took Wills at 13, I'd be pretty happy.

5. I do not want Jerry Jeudy at 13. I think he'll be a great player, but I don't want a WR that high. Period. I'll be pretty upset if that's the direction they go.

6. Niners should trade up. The dropoff after Chase Young is monumental IMO.

My plan (assuming they don't trade Jimmy like I hope they do):

Trade 13, 31, Ford & a 2nd next year for pick 2 to get Chase Young.

...Not exactly groundbreaking, but there it is. Bosa & Young back together. Ford's gimpy ass goes somewhere else.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#332 » by NinerSickness » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:21 am

John Simpson, OLG Clemson. Yes. :nod:

Ezra Cleveland, OLT Boise St. Double yes. :nod: :nod:
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#333 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:06 pm

CHRIS GRIER
G, MIAMI DOLPHINS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are gauging the price to trade up for the No. 3 overall pick for an offensive tackle.

Trading up to the No. 3 overall pick entails swapping with the Lions, who are reportedly "high" on Auburn DT Derrick Brown. Having said that, jostling to nab an offensive tackle makes little sense for the Dolphins, who hold three picks (No. 5, No. 18, No. 26) in the first round. Assuming Giants GM Dave Gettleman has his sights set on one player in particular, Rapsheet's scenario (if true) means the Dolphins covet that one individual even more. Washington is also still "listening" to offers for both Trent Williams and the No. 2 overall pick, and the Giants have made it known they wouldn't mind dropping back to collect more picks, as well. Buckle up.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 22, 2020, 1:55 PM ET
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#334 » by NinerSickness » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:CHRIS GRIER
G, MIAMI DOLPHINS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are gauging the price to trade up for the No. 3 overall pick for an offensive tackle.

Trading up to the No. 3 overall pick entails swapping with the Lions, who are reportedly "high" on Auburn DT Derrick Brown. Having said that, jostling to nab an offensive tackle makes little sense for the Dolphins, who hold three picks (No. 5, No. 18, No. 26) in the first round. Assuming Giants GM Dave Gettleman has his sights set on one player in particular, Rapsheet's scenario (if true) means the Dolphins covet that one individual even more. Washington is also still "listening" to offers for both Trent Williams and the No. 2 overall pick, and the Giants have made it known they wouldn't mind dropping back to collect more picks, as well. Buckle up.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 22, 2020, 1:55 PM ET

#3 for a tackle? I'm assuming Wirfs. That'd be such a Dolphins move (grossly overpay for someone).
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#335 » by Samurai » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:If Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs, Thomas, and Wills are all gone, I think it's a no-brainer to trade back from 13 if we can get value for it. If not, I guess we go Ruggs or the top CB. I could live with Kinlaw, but I'd prefer not to use the pick we got for Buckner on a guy whose upside is Buckner. Especially as our DL should still be good this year, if not necessarily special (that might hinge on Ford's health).

I know I am in the minority but I'd rather have Ruggs at #13 over Jeudy or Lamb. Stylistically, Jeudy is similar to Pettis (and to a lesser extent Bourne) - NOT actual shown ability but just in terms of style. Stylistically, Lamb is similar to Deebo. Ruggs brings a dimension that we don't have, thus I think he provides Shanahan with more options to complement Deebo and Bourne than the others do. Although trading down is a real possibility and grabbing someone like Mims at 31 works as well. Of the group, Ruggs (4.27) and Mims (4.38) are the only ones that have sub 4.4 speed. You can't teach that kind of speed.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#336 » by Dodub » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Samurai wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:If Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs, Thomas, and Wills are all gone, I think it's a no-brainer to trade back from 13 if we can get value for it. If not, I guess we go Ruggs or the top CB. I could live with Kinlaw, but I'd prefer not to use the pick we got for Buckner on a guy whose upside is Buckner. Especially as our DL should still be good this year, if not necessarily special (that might hinge on Ford's health).

I know I am in the minority but I'd rather have Ruggs at #13 over Jeudy or Lamb. Stylistically, Jeudy is similar to Pettis (and to a lesser extent Bourne) - NOT actual shown ability but just in terms of style. Stylistically, Lamb is similar to Deebo. Ruggs brings a dimension that we don't have, thus I think he provides Shanahan with more options to complement Deebo and Bourne than the others do. Although trading down is a real possibility and grabbing someone like Mims at 31 works as well. Of the group, Ruggs (4.27) and Mims (4.38) are the only ones that have sub 4.4 speed. You can't teach that kind of speed.

I’m in the same boat as you. Ruggs fits us a lot better than Juedy or Lamb.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#337 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Samurai wrote:

In theory, I agree with that logic. That said, it would be certifiably insane to pass on the better WR because he's too similar to a guy like Bourne or Pettis. Those guys aren't the type of player that you pass on a potentially elite WR - even if he's not elite in the specific area you would prefer - not to compete with. If the FO likes Ruggs more, fine. And obviously it would be great to have his speed. But I'm not convinced he's worth the pick, especially in such a deep WR draft.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#338 » by Dodub » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:52 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Samurai wrote:

In theory, I agree with that logic. That said, it would be certifiably insane to pass on the better WR because he's too similar to a guy like Bourne or Pettis. Those guys aren't the type of player that you pass on a potentially elite WR - even if he's not elite in the specific area you would prefer - not to compete with. If the FO likes Ruggs more, fine. And obviously it would be great to have his speed. But I'm not convinced he's worth the pick, especially in such a deep WR draft.

Crims brotha, I think there a major flaw in that thinking. Player and positional rankings are ONLY universal (or close to it) by media and fans. Teams have a completely different ranking system based on schematic fit and stylistic need. Ruggs is a player that represents the direction of the league, just look at what the Chiefs are doing. Speed kills and I think the 49ers are definitely thinking of Tyrek Hill and the way he changes every game.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#339 » by NinerSickness » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:02 am

Who you guys want tomorrow?
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#340 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:21 am

Dodub wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Samurai wrote:I know I am in the minority but I'd rather have Ruggs at #13 over Jeudy or Lamb. Stylistically, Jeudy is similar to Pettis (and to a lesser extent Bourne) - NOT actual shown ability but just in terms of style. Stylistically, Lamb is similar to Deebo. Ruggs brings a dimension that we don't have, thus I think he provides Shanahan with more options to complement Deebo and Bourne than the others do. Although trading down is a real possibility and grabbing someone like Mims at 31 works as well. Of the group, Ruggs (4.27) and Mims (4.38) are the only ones that have sub 4.4 speed. You can't teach that kind of speed.

Crims brotha, I think there a major flaw in that thinking. Player and positional rankings are ONLY universal (or close to it) by media and fans. Teams have a completely different ranking system based on schematic fit and stylistic need. Ruggs is a player that represents the direction of the league, just look at what the Chiefs are doing. Speed kills and I think the 49ers are definitely thinking of Tyrek Hill and the way he changes every game.

Sure, I get that teams don't generate a ranking of every player like the media folks do. And yes, elite speed would be huge for this team. A guy like Hill in Shanahan's offense would be incredible. But I still think Lamb or Jeudy would be a good fit for this team, and I'd probably rather have Hopkins than Hill, for example (Lamb vs. Ruggs comps). Lamb has some similarities to Samuel, but not so much that they couldn't complement each other nicely.

I have not come close to scouting these guys myself, so it may very well be that Ruggs is the better player - especially for our scheme. But he was basically the third receiver on his college team, so I have some major concerns about taking him that early. Unfortunately, despite the depth at receiver this year, it's not a particularly fast class. Though times were kind of screwy this year, particularly in the short shuttle, and it seems like guys play faster than they timed.

Return to San Francisco 49ers