ImageImageImageImageImage

Too many WR's

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

radtech
Senior
And1: 46

Too many WR's 

Post#1 » by radtech » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:08 am

Pettis, Goodwin, Taylor, James, Bourne, Matthews, and now Samuels and Hurd.

Trade Taylor to the Chiefs for a 6th rounder.
Trade Goodwin to the Chargers for a 6th rounder.

A safety or an offensive lineman would be great additions and a corner as well.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Re: Too many WR's 

Post#2 » by Pattersonca65 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:08 am

I was hoping they would have addressed the secondary today. The secondary has a bunch.of players with a poor injury history and alot of question marks outside of Sherman
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#3 » by Jikkle » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:I was hoping they would have addressed the secondary today. The secondary has a bunch.of players with a poor injury history and alot of question marks outside of Sherman

I'll be in the minority in this but I didn't take issue with them not addressing the secondary for a combination of 3 things.

Make no mistake the secondary was a big problem last season but the way I see it is the 9ers had 3 major issues going into this offseason. Edge rush, WRs, and the Secondary and realistically you're just not going to fix all 3 of those in one offseason. They theoretically (hopefully) knocked edge and WR off that list with what they did.

The second thing is addressing the edge rush and pass rush in general will help the secondary out. And by addressing the WR position that should lead to more points on the board and the offense hanging on to the ball longer which helps the defense in general. If we score a lot of points that means the pass rush will get to feast with teams playing catch up and that again should help the secondary get more turnovers and not have to defend as long.

The 3rd reason is the past two drafts the 9ers have loaded up on secondary guys in the middle rounds and they added a potential starter in Verrett. So I don't thinking throwing more mid round guys would've elevated the talent level of the group that much. It's a group that need a blue chip 1st round kind of guy if they want an actual upgrade. And with that said it's the only group between the 3 I mentioned earlier that has potential for a guy to rise up and solidify a starting spot.

So I just think they let 2019 play out and see if a new DB coach and a better front will lead to people stepping up and if not they can address if with a 2020 1st rounder.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#4 » by NinerSickness » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:48 pm

radtech wrote:Pettis, Goodwin, Taylor, James, Bourne, Matthews, and now Samuels and Hurd.

VictoryValhalla
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#5 » by VictoryValhalla » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:58 pm

This is hilarious... but at this point...we need a lot of D's on the dance floor to get ahead...
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat May 4, 2019 4:53 pm

JALEN HURD
WR, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan suggested third-round WR Jalen Hurd could eventually move to tight end.

A former running back who played ahead of Alvin Kamara at Tennessee, Hurd offers immediate versatility as a runner, but it sounds like the 49ers view him as a potential option at tight end down the road. "We plan on him coming in and being a receiver and working with that group ... but I don’t think that’s where it stops," Shanahan said. "We’ll see how his body ends up being here over the years and while he does it, I also hope we can give him a few carries here and there." Shanahan mentioned Niles Paul, who he coached in Washington, as a player who transitioned from a big wide receiver to a tight end. Hurd, who is 6-foot-5 and played near 250 pounds when he was a running back, could follow the same path.
SOURCE: Niners Nation

Apr 30, 2019, 12:14 PM ET

Return to San Francisco 49ers