ImageImageImageImageImage

Nick, The Disappointment, Bosa

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Re: Nick, The Disappointment, Bosa 

Post#61 » by Bald Bull » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:01 pm

wco81 wrote:He's playing great but teams will adjust. This kind of rate is unsustainable.

He's doing some bull rushes and that has to take a toll, to push into bigger tackles over the course of a season.

Remember how excited we were by the Aldon and Justin combo? Aldon was piling up sacks at a crazy rate.

Even before he got into trouble off field, teams caught on and his pressure rate went way down.

So tamp down expectations.

He doesn't have to keep up the pace, he just needs to keep giving me crow to feed Sick. :lol:

Thats fine if teams start shifting focus to Bosa, that ill only free up our other linemen who are also pretty good.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#62 » by Jikkle » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#63 » by Bald Bull » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:43 pm

disappointment update. Bosa lead the team with 5 tackles, 4 TFL and a sack :noway:
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#64 » by NinerSickness » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:21 pm

Bald Bull wrote:disappointment update. Bosa lead the team with 5 tackles, 4 TFL and a sack :noway:

:lol:

I'll come get my crow soon, Xman. Don't you worry.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#65 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#66 » by Bald Bull » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Nick "The Difference Maker" Bosa
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#67 » by Pattersonca65 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Bosa is a one man wrecking crew today
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#68 » by Bald Bull » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:56 pm

Disappointment update: 3 sacks, 4 TFL, an INT.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by NinerSickness » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Bald Bull wrote:Disappointment update: 3 sacks, 4 TFL, an INT.

Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#70 » by Hangman_52 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:12 am

Just ordered my Bosa Jersey. They are running out of most sizes of it...
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#71 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:41 am

God Bless Bosa!!!

What a beast!

Thank you Arizona!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#72 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Jikkle wrote:

This video was done before both the Redskins and Panthers game. Can you imagine what he would have revealed had he also included/breakdown those two games in which Bosa dominated.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#73 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm

He's performing great but this could be his ceiling.

Can't imagine him doing more. I'm sure teams will increasingly double-team him.

The other thing is, someone like Watt started out hot, peaked in his second season probably and then the injuries hit. Still has been a great player, obviously earning that huge contract.

Nick credited some of the interior DL who said it helps set up his pressures and sacks because they've also been producing.

Obviously someone like Armstead who is playing way above his previous seasons. I don't know if Buckner is getting doubled though, as he hasn't done as much as last year.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#74 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:44 pm

wco81 wrote:He's performing great but this could be his ceiling.

The other thing is, someone like Watt started out hot, peaked in his second season probably and then the injuries hit. Still has been a great player, obviously earning that huge contract.

Nick credited some of the interior DL who said it helps set up his pressures and sacks because they've also been producing.

Obviously someone like Armstead who is playing way above his previous seasons. I don't know if Buckner is getting doubled though, as he hasn't done as much as last year.

I don't expect a lot of fans to get this but he COULD get a lot better.

Will he? I don't know.

Has he been better earlier than I thought? Yes.

Consistency is still something he'll need to work on - body lean, hand usage, and still has a ways to go as a run defender (Saleh's own words on the last one).

Also, I question your eye if you think Watt peaked in his 2nd season. Watch 2014, 2015, and 2018. and parts of last year WITH A COACH and tell me again if you think he peaked in 2012. Frankly, that's a bunch of hooey and I don't know where on Earth you pulled that from.

If you want to poke the subject with a stick with tone, honestly a better way to do it would be to bring up him staying healthy which is actually something more legitimate.

Do you just like to disagree with people or something? This is your tone about 97% of the time but this time, quite frankly, you are wrong. Asking as nicely as possible.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#75 » by a8bil » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Is there a problem with this being Bosa's ceiling? He's on pace for 16 sacks, 25 tackles for loss and 48 QB pressures. Pretty much DPOY numbers. If he bounces off that ceiling consistently for the next 5-6 years, he'll be HOF bound
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#76 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:15 am

ChrisPozz wrote:

I don't expect a lot of fans to get this but he COULD get a lot better.

Will he? I don't know.

Has he been better earlier than I thought? Yes.

Consistency is still something he'll need to work on - body lean, hand usage, and still has a ways to go as a run defender (Saleh's own words on the last one).

Also, I question your eye if you think Watt peaked in his 2nd season. Watch 2014, 2015, and 2018. and parts of last year WITH A COACH and tell me again if you think he peaked in 2012. Frankly, that's a bunch of hooey and I don't know where on Earth you pulled that from.

If you want to poke the subject with a stick with tone, honestly a better way to do it would be to bring up him staying healthy which is actually something more legitimate.

Do you just like to disagree with people or something? This is your tone about 97% of the time but this time, quite frankly, you are wrong. Asking as nicely as possible.

I was remembering off the top of my head. I remembered Watt made a huge impact in the latter part of his rookie year into the playoffs and then his first full season as starter.

Well 2012 was statistically his best year. He had high sack totals in 2014 and 2015 but ALL his other numbers are better, tackles, tackles for losses.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13979/jj-watt

How about 16 PDs! Guess teams adjusted to his length after that.

But it's a quibble, he put together some dominant seasons before injuries hit. IOW, he sustained his form from the first couple of years for 2-3 more seasons before injuries.

Yet you can't say he was better in later years, just almost as good in terms of production.

It isn't so unusual though for edge rushers. Look at how Kearse started out. Did he have better seasons than his rookie year? No his first two seasons were his high water marks for sacks. Teams figured him out and he couldn't find a counter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/1767/jevon-kearse

Von Miller has had double-digit sacks through most of his career but his impact was the greatest in his first two seasons. Year 2 was his highest number of sacks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13976/von-miller

I want to see Bosa get 15-20 sacks a year through his second contract. But it's a very difficult thing to pull off. He may get at that level this year but no guarantee he can continue. Teams will gameplan against him and he will take accumulated hits over time even if he avoids major injury. But more realistically, he'd be doing great to just keep doing double-digit sacks for 5-10 years. If he averaged 15-20, you're talking an all-time great.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#77 » by Jikkle » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:58 pm

I would say Buckner has been opening a lot of things up for Nick because offenses are in a bind with our defensive front.

You would rather have pressure come from the outside than inside so I think offenses are leery of devoting too many resources to stop Nick because that would free up Buckner.

I'd say that's the reason AA is having a big year as well since out of the 4 down guys he's going to get the least attention which gives him great match ups.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#78 » by Bald Bull » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:16 pm

Bosa named NFC defensive player of the month, and NFL rookie of the Month
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130128-49ers-nick-named-defensive-player-month-nfl-rookie/
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#79 » by Bald Bull » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:12 pm

Since this has become the official serve sick his crow thread... Cortland "next jj stokes" Sutton is looking pretty good his 2nd year 8-)
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by NinerSickness » Fri Nov 1, 2019 4:44 am

Bald Bull wrote:Since this has become the official serve sick his crow thread... Cortland "next jj stokes" Sutton is looking pretty good his 2nd year 8-)

How's Deebo doing these days compared to Brown, Metcalf, Hardman?

https://247sports.com/Article/Quinnen-Williams-New-York-Jets-highlights-fourth-down-stop-Week-Six-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-136942970/

Return to San Francisco 49ers