ImageImageImageImageImage

Nick, The Disappointment, Bosa

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Re: Nick, The Disappointment, Bosa 

Post#101 » by Yoshi » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:16 pm

a8bil wrote:Not resurrecting this thread to rag on the OP...just thought I would post in this thread about Bosa.

I'm not sure I've seen a better performance by a 49er D-lineman in an important game than Bosa just had. He was relentless, and going against one of the better tackles in the league.

Bosa is one of the best rookie players the Niners have apparently had since JR and Ronnie Lott. This thread should be renamed to the "Solomon Thomas" disappointment thread as that guy is truly a bust. :banghead:
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#102 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:03 pm

Yoshi wrote:
a8bil wrote:Not resurrecting this thread to rag on the OP...just thought I would post in this thread about Bosa.

I'm not sure I've seen a better performance by a 49er D-lineman in an important game than Bosa just had. He was relentless, and going against one of the better tackles in the league.

Bosa is one of the best rookie players the Niners have apparently had since JR and Ronnie Lott. This thread should be renamed to the "Solomon Thomas" disappointment thread as that guy is truly a bust. :banghead:

Yeah, at least we didn't pass on the best QB in the league - in a year in which Brian Hoyer and CJ Beathard split the starting job - to take him. Ugh.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#103 » by a8bil » Wed Feb 5, 2020 7:17 pm

Yoshi wrote:

Yeah, I don't get the Thomas pick at all, even when they made it. I think they were thinking he'ld develop into the next Aaron Donald. Boy were they wrong. I give him a small pass to a certain degree given the turmoil with his sister's suicide, but man, he has been a disappointment. Maybe training alongside Bosa will enable him to develop the skills he needs to be effective.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#104 » by Dodub » Fri Mar 6, 2020 12:28 pm

Q Williams has been arrested on gun charges.....
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#105 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Mar 6, 2020 3:00 pm

Dodub wrote:Q Williams has been arrested on gun charges.....

From what I’ve heard, he has a permit for the gun, but in the state of Georgia. The arrest occurred at JFK airport. The idiot was trying to board a plane in New York heading back to GA, and he assumed that even though his weapon was concealed and had a GA permit / license to carry, that gave him the immunity or leeway to have his gun with him in New York.

QUINNEN WILLIAMS
DL, NEW YORK JETS

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports Jets DT Quinnen Williams was allegedly carrying ammunition (per Port Authority Police) when arrested Thursday night for criminal possession of a weapon after attempting to board a flight at LaGuardia Airport.

The ammo allegedly wasn't inside the gun but Williams could still face jail time if the Glock was deemed "loaded" under New York law. The 22-year-old was also holding his Alabama permit at the time of his arrest, which clearly doesn't extend outside said region. Williams' attorney, Alex Spiro, released a statement citing that "there was allegedly a technical issue with the manner in which the lawfully owned firearm was stored" and his side expects the matter to be resolved "shortly." Williams was the highest-drafted defensive player in Jets history last year, agreeing to a four-year, $32.5 million contract in July.
SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Mar 6, 2020, 10:46 AM ET
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#106 » by wco81 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 11:21 pm

Plexico Burress?

WAs it that long ago that today's young players don't remember?
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#107 » by Yoshi » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:06 am

I love Bama, but they've had a multitude of players - from Rolando McClain to Andre Smith to Reuben Foster and perhaps Q - who have some serious off the field issues. I'm so glad that Bosa was the pick and not Quinnen, and these non related football issues only seem to strengthen my argument.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#108 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Sick asked me to revive this thread on his behalf lol. J/k.

NICK BOSA
DL, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers DE Nick Bosa (knee) won't return for Week 2 against the Jets.

Solomon Thomas was carted off one play after Bosa's injury leaving San Franisco thin on the defensive line. Arik Armstead will be tasked with generating the bulk of San Franisco's pressure going forward. Armstead led the team in sacks at 10 last year and got to Sam Darnold on the play after Thomas went down.
SOURCE: Jennifer Lee Chan on Twitter

Sep 20, 2020, 1:37 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#109 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:54 pm

NICK BOSA
DL, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan stated DE Nick Bosa likely suffered a torn ACL in Week 2 against the Jets.

Bosa will undergo further testing to confirm the initial result. Assuming the result holds, Bosa will be done for the year. The 2019 Defensive Rookie of the Year recorded nine sacks in his first NFL campaign and was an integral part of the 49ers defensive line. He also forced a fumble in San Francisco's Week 1 loss to the Cardinals. The 49ers could also be without former No. 3 overall pick Solomon Thomas, who left the game one play after Bosa, also on a cart.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 20, 2020, 4:18 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#110 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:57 pm

NICK BOSA
DL, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers placed DL Nick Bosa (knee) on injured reserve.

He'll miss the rest of the year to a torn ACL. The 49ers also officially placed DL Solomon Thomas (knee) on IR. San Francisco has since signed Ezekiel Ansah and promoted DL Dion Jordan to the active roster. Bosa should be ready for Week 1 next season.
RELATED: Solomon Thomas
SOURCE: NFL Network

Sep 23, 2020, 11:12 AM ET
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#111 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Does Nick have a younger brother?

Return to San Francisco 49ers