ImageImageImageImageImage

Jim Harbaugh's firing is around the corner

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Jim Harbaugh's firing is around the corner 

Post#1 » by I_am_1z » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:59 pm

With michigan he has never won a game where his team was the Vegas underdog. Still tries to outsmart teams with FB runs up the gut. Doesn't throw deep until he gets desperate. His COLLEGE team full of YOUNG MEN looks uninspired living their dream.

PROVEN FACT: Jim Tom was a better coach.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Re: Jim Harbaugh's firing is around the corner 

Post#2 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm

I_am_1z wrote:With michigan he has never won a game where his team was the Vegas underdog. Still tries to outsmart teams with FB runs up the gut. Doesn't throw deep until he gets desperate. His COLLEGE team full of YOUNG MEN looks uninspired living their dream.

PROVEN FACT: Jim Tom was a better coach.

This is nuts. Harbaugh has his faults but he is still a very good coach. Tomsula is not head coach material. Not in close. He was in way over his head.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#3 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:10 pm

I'm not going to argue that Tomsula was a better coach than Harbaugh, but he didn't get anything close to a fair shake. That defense lost Bowman, Willis, Aldon Smith, Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, and Donte Whitner, and replaced them with Wilhoite, Borland, Skuta, Perrish Cox, Chris Culliver, and Antoine Bethea. The next year, with basically the same talent, Kelly went 5-11. That said, it was Tomsula's offense that really struggled. His defense was okay despite the losses.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#4 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 pm

The only way I think I could make a Jim Harbaugh vs. Jim Tomsula conversation interesting at this point for the masses is if I gave people two options and they had to pick one of them.

Jim Harbaugh - He's your head coach but he has FULL control of the operation, final say, working with a general manager/personnel man/men that work(s) underneath him. You can't pick any current or former NFL head coach to serve on his staff underneath him.

or

Jim Tomsula - He's your head coach, only has final say on who is active for game day, and works underneath a general manager/personnel man/men that work above him. You CAN pick anybody you want to be his general manager who isn't currently in control of a team in the NFL and you can pick anybody you want to serve on his staff underneath him except for current head coaches.

Note: You must deal with all known personality traits and all their known history is in play. You can't say either man will have changed too much from their Niner days (You can't say, "Well, I think Jim H. will be much calmer in his 2nd gig now and I take him.").

Who would you take?

I'm not suggesting it should be an easy or a hard question. For most I think it will be clear. That's about the only way I could make the Jim H. vs Jim T. conversation/debate interesting to me.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#5 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:I'm not going to argue that Tomsula was a better coach than Harbaugh, but he didn't get anything close to a fair shake. That defense lost Bowman, Willis, Aldon Smith, Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, and Donte Whitner, and replaced them with Wilhoite, Borland, Skuta, Perrish Cox, Chris Culliver, and Antoine Bethea. The next year, with basically the same talent, Kelly went 5-11. That said, it was Tomsula's offense that really struggled. His defense was okay despite the losses.

Comparing Harbaugh to Tomsula is like comparing a Camero to a Pinto. Just the way they ran the teams. Tomsula is a likeable guy and a great dline coach but he is too far lacking in just about everything else when it comes to being a HC.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#6 » by Jikkle » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:56 pm

Tomsula had the same problem that Singletary had in that they were going to be CEO type coaches but couldn't attract any sort of talented coaches to be on their staffs.

Harbaugh leaned more to being a CEO type coach but he had the connections to put together a quality staff.

Tomsula was just the anti Harbaugh in that he was loved by the Yorks and Baalke wanted to be the power broker in the building and wanted a coach that wasn't really going to challenge him much.

Tomsula's best bet would've been to serve as a DC for a few years and built up some relationships and connections with other coaches so he could put together a staff.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#7 » by I_am_1z » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:46 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:I'm not going to argue that Tomsula was a better coach than Harbaugh, but he didn't get anything close to a fair shake. That defense lost Bowman, Willis, Aldon Smith, Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, and Donte Whitner, and replaced them with Wilhoite, Borland, Skuta, Perrish Cox, Chris Culliver, and Antoine Bethea. The next year, with basically the same talent, Kelly went 5-11. That said, it was Tomsula's offense that really struggled. His defense was okay despite the losses.

Comparing Harbaugh to Tomsula is like comparing a Camero to a Pinto. Just the way they ran the teams. Tomsula is a likeable guy and a great dline coach but he is too far lacking in just about everything else when it comes to being a HC.

You've listed 0 reasons why Harbaugh is a better coach. If you and everyone else taking the Harbaugh position just try to speak it into existence, it's not going to work.

His final years his team hated him. He was already figured out. He never adjusted his game plan throughout all his years. He's doing the same at Michigan.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#8 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

You've listed 0 reasons why Harbaugh is a better coach. If you and everyone else taking the Harbaugh position just try to speak it into existence, it's not going to work.

His final years his team hated him. He was already figured out. He never adjusted his game plan throughout all his years. He's doing the same at Michigan.

Where did you get Harbaugh was hated? That is nonsense. Tomsula couldn't game plan.a high school football game and cant coherently string together five words. No one worth anything would work for him.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#9 » by I_am_1z » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:45 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

Where did you get Harbaugh was hated? That is nonsense. Tomsula couldn't game plan.a high school football game and cant coherently string together five words. No one worth anything would work for him.

Still 0 reasons why Harbaugh was a good head coach..

Jim Tom was open to innovation. Jim Tom understood you probably shouldn't use two timeouts in the 1st quarter. I don't have a stat, but I'm sure delay of game penalties weren't as big of a factor. The defensive line, which is a huge part to having a good defense, ask Saleh, Jim Tom is probably 2nd to no one.

All this nonsense about coaches not wanting to take an NFL Offensive Coordinator job is BS. I know ESPN never lies...like how they told you Adam Gase was the 2nd coming of Bill Belichick, but look how Mr. Gase is doing today. NFL continuously recycles trash in the never ending coaching carousel. It's not hard to bring in an innovator that's in the college ranks that's willing to put in the time and effort, but that fans will bash the hire, especially if ESPN tells them to.

Jim Harbaugh has one of the most talented teams in college football right now and his team looks like they don't want to take the field. He's still doing the same crap he's always done.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#10 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:33 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Jim Tom was open to innovation. Jim Tom understood you probably shouldn't use two timeouts in the 1st quarter. I don't have a stat, but I'm sure delay of game penalties weren't as big of a factor. The defensive line, which is a huge part to having a good defense, ask Saleh, Jim Tom is probably 2nd to no one.

All this nonsense about coaches not wanting to take an NFL Offensive Coordinator job is BS. I know ESPN never lies...like how they told you Adam Gase was the 2nd coming of Bill Belichick, but look how Mr. Gase is doing today. NFL continuously recycles trash in the never ending coaching carousel. It's not hard to bring in an innovator that's in the college ranks that's willing to put in the time and effort, but that fans will bash the hire, especially if ESPN tells them to.

Jim Harbaugh has one of the most talented teams in college football right now and his team looks like they don't want to take the field. He's still doing the same crap he's always done.

LOL, zero reasons? Harbaugh took a team that went nowhere for years and made them winners. He brought the team together and the players played hard for him. He personally helped turned around Alex Smith's career and made him into a respectable QB. Harbaugh assembled a great staff on the defensive end and made them one of the best defenses in the NFL

Jim Tom open to innovation? LMAO!!!! Tomsula was in way over his head and should never have been hired in the first place. Tomsula has zero clue how to game plan. No one would come work for him. Every coordinator they approached turned him down. He had to promote Mangini and the former QB coach. He won the first game and it was downhill from there. Worst offense in the league. The defense was only half decent because Mangini was able to partially straightened things out. Tomsula is a good dline coach but that is his ceiling.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#11 » by I_am_1z » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:00 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

LOL, zero reasons? Harbaugh took a team that went nowhere for years and made them winners. He brought the team together and the players played hard for him. He personally helped turned around Alex Smith's career and made him into a respectable QB. Harbaugh assembled a great staff on the defensive end and made them one of the best defenses in the NFL

Jim Tom open to innovation? LMAO!!!! Tomsula was in way over his head and should never have been hired in the first place. Tomsula has zero clue how to game plan. No one would come work for him. Every coordinator they approached turned him down. He had to promote Mangini and the former QB coach. He won the first game and it was downhill from there. Worst offense in the league. The defense was only half decent because Mangini was able to partially straightened things out. Tomsula is a good dline coach but that is his ceiling.

That roster Baalke put together was INSANE. Even Luke Walton can step in for Steve Kerr and stand-in his way to wins. WHAT DOES HARBAUGH ACTUALLY OFFER AS A HEAD COACH? When the NFL figured him out and he never adjusted; what did he offer in value as a coach?
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#12 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

That roster Baalke put together was INSANE. Even Luke Walton can step in for Steve Kerr and stand-in his way to wins. WHAT DOES HARBAUGH ACTUALLY OFFER AS A HEAD COACH? When the NFL figured him out and he never adjusted; what did he offer in value as a coach?

Baalke did not put that roster together. You need to review your history and it is more or less the same roster Mike Singletary had. And I told you again what Harbaugh offered as a fead coach three times already which is 1,000 times more than the clown show under Jim Tomsula. Those two should never be mentioned in the same breath. NFL figured him out? The NFL figured out Tomsula after 1 one game.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#13 » by thesack12 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:22 am

Other than 1 season as 49ers HC, Jim Tomsula has never held a higher status than position coach at any level of football in the United States of America.

York/Baalke are the only fools in the US to hire Tomsula as anything more than a low level assistant.

How can everybody in college football and 31 other NFL teams not see the brilliance of Jim Tomsula?
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#14 » by I_am_1z » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:39 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

Baalke did not put that roster together. You need to review your history and it is more or less the same roster Mike Singletary had. And I told you again what Harbaugh offered as a fead coach three times already which is 1,000 times more than the clown show under Jim Tomsula. Those two should never be mentioned in the same breath. NFL figured him out? The NFL figured out Tomsula after 1 one game.

Still 0 reasons. This conversation is about to come to an end if you can't come up with one thing Jim Harbaugh can hang his hat on in his later niner years.( Time management, playcalling, inspiring team play, etc... )
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#15 » by I_am_1z » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:41 am

thesack12 wrote:Other than 1 season as 49ers HC, Jim Tomsula has never held a higher status than position coach at any level of football in the United States of America.

York/Baalke are the only fools in the US to hire Tomsula as anything more than a low level assistant.

How can everybody in college football and 31 other NFL teams not see the brilliance of Jim Tomsula?

This conversation is about Jim Tom being better than Jim Harbaugh.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#16 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:08 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Still 0 reasons. This conversation is about to come to an end if you can't come up with one thing Jim Harbaugh can hang his hat on in his later niner years.( Time management, playcalling, inspiring team play, etc... )

I wrote Harbaugh's qualities and you can post zero a thousand times. You just choose to ignore them and that ss on you. I've stated in the past Harbaugh is not an elite coach. He has issues with X and Os having never been an NFL coordinator but Tomsula has those same issues and worse he could not recruit a competent staff. We can debate Harbaugh's shortcomings but when you bring Tomsula into the conversation and say he is a better coach than Harbaugh, you've lost all credibility. Tomsula was the 49er worst possible hire and one of their worst coaching staffs ever.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#17 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:12 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
thesack12 wrote:Other than 1 season as 49ers HC, Jim Tomsula has never held a higher status than position coach at any level of football in the United States of America.

This conversation is about Jim Tom being better than Jim Harbaugh.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2015/12/22/10647690/49ers-head-coach-jim-tomsula-trainwreck

https://fansided.com/2015/01/16/49ers-head-coach-jim-tomsula-worst-interview-time-video/

https://www.chatsports.com/san-francisco-49ers/a/only-3-coaches-nfl-history-worse-jim-tomsula-23040

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#18 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Tomsula backstabbed Harbaugh and got the HC job as reward.

Harbaugh apparently hasn’t been able to recruit a top level QB.

Thing is, there will be HC vacancies after this season. One of them may be in Denver so Fangio may be able to work with Harbaugh again.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#19 » by I_am_1z » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

I wrote Harbaugh's qualities and you can post zero a thousand times. You just choose to ignore them and that ss on you. I've stated in the past Harbaugh is not an elite coach. He has issues with X and Os having never been an NFL coordinator but Tomsula has those same issues and worse he could not recruit a competent staff. We can debate Harbaugh's shortcomings but when you bring Tomsula into the conversation and say he is a better coach than Harbaugh, you've lost all credibility. Tomsula was the 49er worst possible hire and one of their worst coaching staffs ever.

Still 0.

Thanks for playing
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#20 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:08 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Still 0.

Thanks for playing

I told you twice. Not going to write it again. But keep telling us about the greatness of Tomsula :lol:

Return to San Francisco 49ers