ImageImageImageImageImage

Pay Day

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Pay Day 

Post#1 » by Dodub » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:13 pm

Armstead, DeVante Parker and Tannehill earned themselves a major pay day. Are there more guys like this around the league? Who are they?
shouldakepowens
Senior
And1: 20

Re: Pay Day 

Post#2 » by shouldakepowens » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Dodub wrote:Armstead, DeVante Parker and Tannehill earned themselves a major pay day. Are there more guys like this around the league? Who are they?

Parker just re-signed not too long ago. He probably wished he waited a while now. When is Godwin, ARob and Aaron Jones due for new contract?
Dodub
General Manager

Post#3 » by Dodub » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:48 pm

shouldakepowens wrote:
Dodub wrote:Armstead, DeVante Parker and Tannehill earned themselves a major pay day. Are there more guys like this around the league? Who are they?

Parker just re-signed not too long ago. He probably wished he waited a while now. When is Godwin, ARob and Aaron Jones due for new contract?

Yeah Parker already got his major contract, they didn’t wait until the offseason for him.

A Rob is not very far into a huge contract so it’ll be a while for him. Not sure about the other two
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#4 » by NinerSickness » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Armstead should get the tag IMO.
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#5 » by Yoshi » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:47 pm

The tag will probably be around 16 - 18 million this year for AA.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#6 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Shaq Barrett. Signed a one-year, $4 million deal this offseason (after a number of people on this board called to sign him....) and led the league with 19.5 sacks. Dude is gonna get paid.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by NinerSickness » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:15 pm

Yoshi wrote:The tag will probably be around 16 - 18 million this year for AA.

Niners will have the room (especially when they cut Kwon), and it's well worth the money for another possible SB run. You want him in a contract year.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#8 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:21 pm

NinerSickness wrote:

Niners will have the room (especially when they cut Kwon), and it's well worth the money for another possible SB run. You want him in a contract year.

If we cut Kwon we have to try to bring in Telvin Smith or Myles Jack.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by NinerSickness » Wed Jan 1, 2020 10:06 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed to that. However, since I'm pretty comfortable with the 2 starters (especially after Sunday), I'd be open to just drafting a guy to be the 3rd guy & focus the money on CB and OL. Maybe even WR; the NIners' offense would be pretty nasty with a true #1 IMO.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#10 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jan 2, 2020 4:34 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed to that. However, since I'm pretty comfortable with the 2 starters (especially after Sunday), I'd be open to just drafting a guy to be the 3rd guy & focus the money on CB and OL. Maybe even WR; the NIners' offense would be pretty nasty with a true #1 IMO.

Warner is definitely a keeper! However, Greenlaw has 2 key flaws to his game and Saleh has done a pretty good job in masking his deficiencies. Greenlaw is awesome in playing the run. Takes on blockers well, disengage and makes the play. Surprisingly fast enough to run sideline to sideline chasing backs (not all backs, but most). Something with short area quickness that he has and able to bring down a ball carrier. However, his skill set in regard to pass coverage is abysmal. I don't know if that's because the way he is built but on tape you would think it's his top end speed that's the issue as to why he isn't good in pass coverage. However, he was fast enough to blitz and bring down Kyler Murray for a sack when we played them the first game. I think the issue is his hips / agility. He's not agile or quick enough to keep up with backs/receivers/and tight ends one on one. Saleh is aware of that which is why they only allow him to play zone on obvious downs. That's a major weakness if an offensive of coordinator wants to exploit some of our weaknesses on our defense. Thus, a player like Telvin who's considered to be an elite LB in pass coverage would suit our defense extremely well. I'd offer the Jags a 2021 3rd round pick for him in a heart beat.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#11 » by Dodub » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:33 pm

We aren’t going to cut Kwon and certainly not gonna cut him just to pay another linebacker.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#12 » by Samurai » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:16 pm

NinerSickness wrote:

Doesn't make sense to cut Kwon unless we have a better player to take his place. Greenlaw has played well since the injury - I think he'd be great as a back-up or as an extra LB in short-yardage situations, but I don't think he's a better overall LB than Kwon. Kwon is also great in pass coverage and I don't think its a pure coincidence that our pass defense has fallen off since he went down. Yes, our lack of a pass rush with the DL injuries has been a big factor, but Kwon's absence can't be ignored either.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by NinerSickness » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:24 pm

Samurai wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Doesn't make sense to cut Kwon unless we have a better player to take his place. Greenlaw has played well since the injury - I think he'd be great as a back-up or as an extra LB in short-yardage situations, but I don't think he's a better overall LB than Kwon. Kwon is also great in pass coverage and I don't think its a pure coincidence that our pass defense has fallen off since he went down. Yes, our lack of a pass rush with the DL injuries has been a big factor, but Kwon's absence can't be ignored either.

Yes, Kwon is better than Greenlaw. But Kwon can't be relied upon to stay healthy. And Greenlaw will continue to improve (especially in coverage), considering he's the fastest LB on the team and is just a rook.

Kwon's cap hit is north of 12 million next year. That's insane fora guy who can't stay healthy. And LB is a position you don't need a superstar to play. You want your superstars to be on the DL and CB. I say the money is much better spent getting another starting CB.

Return to San Francisco 49ers