ImageImageImageImageImage

Allen Robinson to the 49ers

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Allen Robinson to the 49ers 

Post#1 » by I_am_1z » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:53 pm

No it hasn't happened yet, but Allen Robinson has recently disassociated his social media from being a Chicago Bear. I'm sure John Lynch is on the phone as we speak trying to get something done.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 941

Re: Allen Robinson to the 49ers 

Post#2 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:41 pm

OMG. If we spend more picks and money on the WR position.... At this point, we need to be patient on Deebo and Aiyuk. We've got two consecutive games against bad teams (Jets and Giants). We should be able to win those if I was playing WR.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#3 » by I_am_1z » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:12 pm

[quote="CrimsonCrew"]OMG. If we spend more picks and money on the WR position.... At this point, we need to be patient on Deebo and Aiyuk. We've got two consecutive games against bad teams (Jets and Giants). We should be able to win those if I was playing WR.[/qoute]

I would argue the 49ers are in win-now mode and draft picks shouldn't be too much of a concern to them. However, you hit on a good point with both NY teams coming up. If Brandon Aiyuk fails to eclipse 50 yards in each of these games, would your stance still stand so firm?
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 941

Post#4 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:07 pm

I'm not going to make a blanket statement like that. It depends on a lot of factors. But yes, generally speaking, I would expect to see him get that sort of yardage on our current roster. That said, if Kittle misses one or both games, it changes the dynamics. More opportunities, but Aiyuk would likely see double-coverage.

Re: winning now, yes, but...this year is going to be so dicey that they should really think before taking any early season action that could compromise the future.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#5 » by GS Warriors 1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:21 pm

I don't see them making a move unless Samuel's foot starts to become a longer term issue, the team doesn't seem to be currently worried. They are already short on draft capital when they have a lot of FA upcoming and the salary cap could be lower. That 1st round pick might be a starter. Just don't think it happens.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#6 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:37 am

Been wanting Arob since he was blowing by guys with PSU....

Cried for him once FA hit and we had the MONEY!!!

I’m definitely opened to have him here. He’d be such a great value to Jimmy, Kittle and the offense....

I do agree and feel it would make the draft selection of Aiyuk a little wasted....(of course we have to see what a healthy Aiyuk can do, if he’s worth that 1st rd selection)

Now I heard via tweet that he’d want 20 mil/yr for his extension... not happening lol.... So any acquisition is purely rental.

We are in a win now mode so he would be in play... asking price can’t be that much
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#7 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 am

Also, don’t see any moves happening til closer to trade deadline... see how healthy Deebo and Aiyuk are as well how they perform to that point
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to San Francisco 49ers