Thanks Tony :D

Read on Twitter
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Re: GDT: 49ERS VS RAMS 

Post#302 » by thesack12 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:55 am

Read on Twitter

This is encouraging as well. Hopefully pulling him was mostly precautionary.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#303 » by thesack12 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 am

In addition to Mostert leaving with an ankle issue; Tartt left with a groin issue, and Ben Garland left with a calf issue.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#304 » by dr3am » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:07 am

is it safe to say the NFC West best QB’s list goes like this...

1. Russell Wilson
2. Kyler Murray
3. Jimmy G
4. Jared Goff
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#305 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:23 am

thesack12 wrote:In addition to Mostert leaving with an ankle issue; Tartt left with a groin issue, and Ben Garland left with a calf issue.
Garland is a big injury, especially with Richburg not ready to come off IR
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#306 » by GS Warriors 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:28 am

Much needed win, passed game 1 of "the gauntlet".

Kittle, Samuel, and Aiyuk scoring was great to see, love the Samuel run to finish off the game. Garoppolo played well, was better in the first half than second. Hopefully Mostert is ok, offense looked a bit stagnant with him out. Hasty over McKinnon in crunch time was interesting. We'll see how it's handled during the week.

Jason Verrett has been the biggest surprise of the season to date, what a grab on the INT in the back corner of the end zone. He made it look like it was intended for him LOL...just nice to see him play well. When Sherman comes back, he's gotta be a lock to start on the opposite side. The arrow continues to go up for Fred Warner, the dollar signs too.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#307 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Definitely a much needed win. So happy! Loved seeing E-Man back, 3 passes defended, only blunder was that TD pass in which he didn't turn around. With Verrett balling, and Sherman and K'Waun coming back, we will have solid corners going forward. Very concerned about the lack of a pass rush last night, Goff was barely touched. We need Kinlaw to start pushing the pocket and providing a rush from the middle. But the biggest kudos go to Kyle for a game plan in which Aaron Donald was completely neutralized. Way to go! Jimmy G looked great on those high % passes, aka glorified runs lol. Who cares. Great job nonetheless. We may have something with Hasty at RB.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#308 » by dr3am » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:01 pm

I was really impressed how we slowed down Donald & man Jimmy G was protected all night. Huge bounce back game for everybody but I’m not getting too happy. Next 2 games are @ Patriots & @ Seachickens... damn man
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#309 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:00 pm

There was a stretch when they seemed scared to throw downfield. Collinsworth kept pointing out that Jimmy was averaging only 2.7 yards pass downfield.

There must be opportunities like why not more slants and skinny posts to Kittle and Bourne?

But I think Jimmy still wasn't consistently planting that foot with the injured ankle with confidence all the time. He airmailed a couple of wide open receivers.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#310 » by Samurai » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:51 pm

Bald Bull wrote:hell of a game by brunskill shutting down donald! rams are paper tigers beating up on NFC east teams. Jimmy did a great job responding to the criticism.

I agree, but I don't think it was just Brunskill. Donald moved all along the line trying to get a one-on-one matchup and it seems that no matter where he lined up, we were able to prevent him from mauling Jimmy. Looked like we were able to get a double-team on him wherever he went and, most importantly, the other guys stepped up since they knew they were on an island since Donald was occupying two blockers. Seems the communication and teamwork among the O-line was significantly improved and didn't drop much when Trent Williams and Garland had to leave due to injury. Hope this means the O-line has turned the corner and their earlier problems were more related to a lack of training camp/preseason games to hone their communication and timing rather than a lack of talent.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#311 » by Samurai » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:56 pm

GS Warriors 1 wrote:Much needed win, passed game 1 of "the gauntlet".

Kittle, Samuel, and Aiyuk scoring was great to see, love the Samuel run to finish off the game. Garoppolo played well, was better in the first half than second. Hopefully Mostert is ok, offense looked a bit stagnant with him out. Hasty over McKinnon in crunch time was interesting. We'll see how it's handled during the week.

Jason Verrett has been the biggest surprise of the season to date, what a grab on the INT in the back corner of the end zone. He made it look like it was intended for him LOL...just nice to see him play well. When Sherman comes back, he's gotta be a lock to start on the opposite side. The arrow continues to go up for Fred Warner, the dollar signs too.

I think Jimmy had a QB rating of over 143 in the first half so you can't do much better than that; it would be inevitable for the second half to be worse than that. I think the thing that hurt the most in the second half was losing Mostert. Without a legit running threat, our offense becomes much easier to defend.

Other than Verrett, I think Hasty was the biggest/nicest surprise. The fact that he had his name called over Jet in crunch time of a much-needed game is telling. Jet will still have a role to play as our receiving back, but Hasty looks like our best runner outside of Mostert. Will be interesting to see how the depth chart plays out once Coleman returns. And I really like our receiver combo of Deebo and Aiyuk; they will only get better as Deebo improves his conditioning and Aiyuk becomes more comfortable learning the playbook.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#312 » by dr3am » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:10 pm

:lol: The Lambs vs Niners rivalry is still very real

Read on Twitter
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#313 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:18 pm

Samurai wrote:

I think Jimmy had a QB rating of over 143 in the first half so you can't do much better than that; it would be inevitable for the second half to be worse than that. I think the thing that hurt the most in the second half was losing Mostert. Without a legit running threat, our offense becomes much easier to defend.

Other than Verrett, I think Hasty was the biggest/nicest surprise. The fact that he had his name called over Jet in crunch time of a much-needed game is telling. Jet will still have a role to play as our receiving back, but Hasty looks like our best runner outside of Mostert. Will be interesting to see how the depth chart plays out once Coleman returns. And I really like our receiver combo of Deebo and Aiyuk; they will only get better as Deebo improves his conditioning and Aiyuk becomes more comfortable learning the playbook.

I don't think you can just look at Garoppolo's passer rating to review his play. Especially in the first half. He was getting some incredibly easy reads and wasn't asked to make challenging throws at all. As noted above, at one point, his average depth per completion was about 2 yards past the LOS, and for a long time, he only had one or two completions that went past the LOS. He only made one or two awful throws/decisions in this one, so that's progress at least, but I'm still not sold on him as the longterm answer.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#314 » by dr3am » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:27 am

:lol: Hitner

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#315 » by Jikkle » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 am

Nice bounce back win after getting clobbered last week and while I don't have high hopes for the playoffs it's still a hallmark of a team made of the right stuff to take a terrible loss and come out focused and on point.

As much crowing as there was about how everybody and everything is terrible after the loss to Miami it's evident that the team isn't that poorly coached and the organization isn't poorly run. Now is Shanahan and Lynch capable of getting the team over the hump to actually win a Super Bowl is a legit argument to make but the team isn't in the same category of actually poorly run teams like the Jets.

There was some positives to take but negatives as well and it felt like the 9ers stole a win more than I would've liked since if Goff hits Kupp a couple of times the outcome might've been different.

Positives were the offensive line played great which lead to a productive day running the ball and the secondary along with the linebacker corps.

Negatives were the defensive front didn't play a good game and while Jimmy G played well it's still not at a level you want to see from him and it felt like Shanahan was putting training wheels on him.

The biggest things I was excited about is Varrett looking like he did when he was healthy with the Chargers and the entire offensive line playing great.

I'm hopeful Varrett can prove to stay healthy and effective because if they can extend him for a reasonable price would help solidify the position. He's 29 so it's not a long term answer but one long enough that buys you time to draft and develop guys behind him.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#316 » by Samurai » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:28 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Samurai wrote:

I don't think you can just look at Garoppolo's passer rating to review his play. Especially in the first half. He was getting some incredibly easy reads and wasn't asked to make challenging throws at all. As noted above, at one point, his average depth per completion was about 2 yards past the LOS, and for a long time, he only had one or two completions that went past the LOS. He only made one or two awful throws/decisions in this one, so that's progress at least, but I'm still not sold on him as the longterm answer.

Jimmy doesn't call the plays; Shanahan does. And Shanahan tries to run plays that he thinks gives his team the best chance of success. Whether you feel they are "challenging" throws or not isn't relevant; Jimmy's job is to execute the play that is called. And for the most part, he executed those plays very well in the first half regardless of whether you liked the play-calling or not. If you don't like the play selection, then those complaints should be directed at the play-caller and not the player. If you like the play selection but don't feel that the player (QB, O-line, RB, WR, TE) executed it correctly, then that's on the player.

Return to San Francisco 49ers