And1: 226

Re: 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams 

Post#661 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:56 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
wco81 wrote:

What back in 2017?

Yeah the Pats and Packers were going to trade their HoF QBs 5 years ago. :lol:

All I’m saying is, the year we traded for Garoppolo, he won us the last 4 or 5 games worthless games. Putting us out of position to draft Mahomes or DeShaun Watson.

We picked Solomon Thomas third overall the year Mahomes and Watson were drafted in the double digits. That's all on Kyle.

Oh okay. I stand corrected. Jimmy winning those extra games didn’t hurt our draft position much. But Jimmy G (poor lil Timmy) caused us to pass on a QB that year think we already had our “franchise QB” on the roster.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#662 » by Samurai » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:59 am

thesack12 wrote:
arich35 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
I don't blame him for punting, but I do blame him for play calling.

On 2nd and 1, he calls a run up the middle for Mitchell who was getting stonewalled all game. He ended up losing a yard.
On 3rd and 2, he calls a handoff to Juice as the upback and he gets swallowed up at the line.

I'm not sure he called a designed run to the outside all game, even though the Rams' D Line was blowing up everything up the middle at or behind the LOS.

There were plenty of outside runs that didn't work either. It was obvious what GB and LA were doing but Jimmy and Kyle just weren't able to open the offense up. I hope with someone with Trey's abilities the offense can open up in new ways. Kyle needs to really rework the offense

2nd or 3rd and shorts were few and far between tonight.

When the O-line is struggling with pass protection and getting dominated in the run game, you need to be getting out to the edges frequently.

Not attempting to stretch the defense out by bouncing something to the outside on either of those plays is poor situational awareness and even poorer attention to how the game has been going.

Too bad we didn't draft a QB that could have either a) bounced it to the outside himself or b) been viewed as a threat to bounce it outside and thus create cutback lanes for a RB. At least we didn't give up a bunch of draft picks for that kind of QB and keep him on the bench when Jimmy was either suffering from a) his thumb, b) his shoulder, or c) being Jimmy.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 962

Post#663 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:02 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

All I’m saying is, the year we traded for Garoppolo, he won us the last 4 or 5 games worthless games. Putting us out of position to draft Mahomes or DeShaun Watson.

We picked Solomon Thomas third overall the year Mahomes and Watson were drafted in the double digits. That's all on Kyle.

Oh okay. I stand corrected. Jimmy winning those extra games didn’t hurt our draft position much. But Jimmy G (poor lil Timmy) caused us to pass on a QB that year think we already had our “franchise QB” on the roster.

No, bingo, we added Jimmy midseason the year we passed on those guys. Hoyer was our starter going into the season.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#664 » by Jikkle » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:05 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:This is incredible. They were up by three with about eleven minutes left, 2nd and 1 on the opponent's 44. From that point on, THEY DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE PLAY THAT NETTED POSITIVE YARDAGE. I think it's a greater offensive collapse than the super bowl, and ultimately it's on Kyle IMO.

A large portion of the blame is on Kyle but it's also on the QB too.

And I don't mean to pile on Jimmy because I do give him some benefit of the doubt playing with a screwed up thumb which did limit him further than he's already limited too but the fact he could only effectively throw down the middle for 15ish yards really limited the offense.

We saw it with the Packers as well and you just sell out to stop the run on defense and you eat a few completions down the middle and you've effectively crippled the offense.

If we had Mahomes, Burrow, or Allen at QB this doesn't happen because we'd absolutely just be punishing a defense if they sellout that hard to stop the run. You'd see play action, roll out, and those guys hitting someone 40 yards down the field.

I do blame Kyle for going with Jimmy with a hurt thumb and not rolling the dice with Lance. He went the safer route with Jimmy and decided to try to win games by less than a score difference and eventually you're just going to come up short if you keep playing like that and that's what happened tonight.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,241

Post#665 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:05 am

Samurai wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
arich35 wrote:
There were plenty of outside runs that didn't work either. It was obvious what GB and LA were doing but Jimmy and Kyle just weren't able to open the offense up. I hope with someone with Trey's abilities the offense can open up in new ways. Kyle needs to really rework the offense

2nd or 3rd and shorts were few and far between tonight.

When the O-line is struggling with pass protection and getting dominated in the run game, you need to be getting out to the edges frequently.

Not attempting to stretch the defense out by bouncing something to the outside on either of those plays is poor situational awareness and even poorer attention to how the game has been going.

Too bad we didn't draft a QB that could have either a) bounced it to the outside himself or b) been viewed as a threat to bounce it outside and thus create cutback lanes for a RB. At least we didn't give up a bunch of draft picks for that kind of QB and keep him on the bench when Jimmy was either suffering from a) his thumb, b) his shoulder, or c) being Jimmy.

Yeah, for all the hype there was in the preseason about the rotating QB's, it sure didn't materialize.

Lance coming in for goal to go situations was fairly successful in the first couple games, but that died out quickly. When both guys were healthy, I don't think we saw both guys play in the same game since like week 3.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,521

Post#666 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:23 am

Of course the fault is on Kyle. He blew the ATL SB, 2019 SB and this game. All games they had the lead in the 4th. But he isn't going anywhere. For some reason Kyle is afraid to blow the game so much he goes conservative.

Why no Trey Lance? What happened to Trey on the goal line? It almost makes sense that Kyle did not want Trey and wasn't playing him in spite
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,318

Post#667 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 am

Also little noticed was that on the drive where the Rams made the winning FG, they were in FG range with about 2:40 left in the game and 3 timeouts and they let the Rams run 30-40 seconds to the 2 minute warning.

I think the 49ers still had a timeout when Jimmy threw that last interception.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#668 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:23 am

Read on Twitter

Yeah, that's not a winning formula
thesack12
RealGM

Post#669 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:24 am

Read on Twitter

Yup
thesack12
RealGM

Post#670 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:29 am

Read on Twitter

Jaquiski, you responded to Stafford's f*** up with a huge one of your own.

But at least he's owning it

Read on Twitter
thesack12
RealGM

Post#671 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:33 am

Read on Twitter

Thanks for gutting it out for the team Trent.

I imagine it was quite painful, and he's probably going to pay the price for it over the next few weeks.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#672 » by GS Warriors 1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:07 am

Tough way to see this season end, but they were a 6th seed and made a deep run. Felt like the Rams played more physically than the previous 2 meetings offensively, so I'll give em some credit for that. They chewed clock, ran a lot of plays, converted some big 3rd downs. On their defensive side, they locked up our run game, sometimes stacking the box more often than not. They made the adjustments to win. Garoppolo played better today than the DAL/GB games...until the 4th. Some of that is on him, but also the OL, particularly the right side, was constantly getting blown up. With all the chips on the table, Brunskill and Compton looked like the backups they are supposed to be.

Tartt gotta make that play! He'll never have an easier interception for the rest of his career. A damn shame, because he's been through it with this team. One of the longest tenured players who is entering FA, and that might be the play he leaves here with.

Deebo Samuel didn't get a touch in the final 3 possessions, and 1 of them, he did not even get on the field. May come out later that he got injured in this game. Maybe last week's injury crept up, I don't know. That better be the excuse because if it wasn't that, then that's just inexcusable. Have to create ways to get the football in Deebo's hands.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#673 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:50 am

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,521

Post#674 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Sigh
wco81
RealGM

Post#675 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:46 pm

I don't recall the specific plays Shanahan called with leads in the Super Bowls but in this game, he called a lot of runs, despite them passing down the field to score the second TD in the third quarter.

That's his problem, he plays not to lose, gets conservative, just happy with a one-score win. That is why he's blowing these big games.
wco81
RealGM

Post#676 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:47 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZYYLCqJavz/?utm_medium=copy_link

Can't see without account. Summarize?
arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Post#677 » by arich35 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:08 pm

wco81 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZYYLCqJavz/?utm_medium=copy_link

Can't see without account. Summarize?

heartbreak
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#678 » by zman1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:08 pm

We lost because they out smash mouthed us, beat us at our game. If you knew before the game that Elijah would get only 20 yards you'd have figured we would be in bad shape and we were. Sure, there were lots of reasons but that was the biggest.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
wco81
RealGM

Post#679 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:39 pm

Just one of those times they loaded up the box, you'd think the 49ers would have tried to use play action and send a WR downfield with likely single coverage?

The Rams #11 was giving up receptions to Aiyuk earlier in the game.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#680 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:44 pm

Amazing game, Tart almost broke my heart.. oof. Good game guys.

Return to San Francisco 49ers