Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,255

Re: 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams 

Post#641 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:18 am

Jikkle wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:
wco81 wrote:BTW, blame Jimmy for not being good enough.

But if they never made that trade, 49ers may never have made the playoffs under Shanahan these five seasons.

Or even had a winning season.

Wasn't the team like 0-10 when they traded for Jimmy and he led them to 6 straight wins?
Lol bull. Without Jimmy, we get Brady or Rodgers

We get Cousins in that scenario. The only reason we passed on Cousins was because of Jimmy.

I'd venture to guess we would've made the playoffs with Cousins at the helm but what we did in the playoffs is anyone's guess.

Cousins hasn't produced in big games.

A couple of years ago Mike Lombardi said the 49ers should have traded for Stafford. Might have worked with Stafford's arm talent but 49ers didn't really have downfield playmakers unless he fed Kittle to death.

Rams should be favored over the Bengals. I don't know if they'd have beat the Chiefs but then all of a sudden, Mahomes came back down to earth in the second half of that game after dismantling the #1 defense (Bills).
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,226

Post#642 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:20 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:What are you even talking about? Rams scored 13 in the 4th. Jimmy did NOTHING. He was terrible and shouldn't have been out there today

Dude you literally said you didn't blame Tartt.

Yet he had the easiest INT opportunity you will ever see basically fielding a pop fly ball with no Ram near him.

The 9ers were up by 3 at the time.

To place no blame on Tartt and pin everything on Garoppolo, is nothing but a short sighted emotional take based on pure bias hatred of Garoppolo.

Did Jimmy play great today, no. However, he was not responsible for the defense failing to get off the field time and time again. Jimmy was also under heavy pressure most the game, yet he didn't take a single sack.

But lets completely disregard poor o-line play and bad defensive play across the board and blame everything on Garoppolo.
Tartt should have caught it, but they still lose with Jimmy. If there was 3 or 4 mins left, ok. But there was 8 mins and Jimmy couldn't do ****

Yeah, I mean its not like creating a turnover while HAVING THE LEAD in the 4th quarter wouldn't have had any type of effect on field position, player's morale, game flow, momentum, play calling, or you know really anything.
Scott T
Starter
And1: 444

Post#643 » by Scott T » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:21 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
wco81 wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:Lol bull. Without Jimmy, we get Brady or Rodgers

What back in 2017?

Yeah the Pats and Packers were going to trade their HoF QBs 5 years ago. :lol:

All I’m saying is, the year we traded for Garoppolo, he won us the last 4 or 5 games worthless games. Putting us out of position to draft Mahomes or DeShaun Watson.

Huh? No. Those guys were in the 2017 draft and we traded for Jimmy the following season. We had the #2 pick in the Mahomes draft and took Solomon Thomas after trading down a spot. Kyle later admitted that they didn't really bother scouting the top QBs of that draft.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#644 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:22 am

wco81 wrote:
Jikkle wrote:

We get Cousins in that scenario. The only reason we passed on Cousins was because of Jimmy.

I'd venture to guess we would've made the playoffs with Cousins at the helm but what we did in the playoffs is anyone's guess.

Cousins hasn't produced in big games.

A couple of years ago Mike Lombardi said the 49ers should have traded for Stafford. Might have worked with Stafford's arm talent but 49ers didn't really have downfield playmakers unless he fed Kittle to death.

Rams should be favored over the Bengals. I don't know if they'd have beat the Chiefs but then all of a sudden, Mahomes came back down to earth in the second half of that game after dismantling the #1 defense (Bills).

Yeah, I never wanted anything to do with Cousins.

Jimmy's arm strength absolutely played a role in not being able to stretch the field, but pretty much any QB would struggle with that behind this O-line. They have always been poor in pass protection, and just don't allow time for things to develop downfield.

Also, I for one much prefer having Trey Lance over making a trade Stafford.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,504

Post#645 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:26 am

Some of you are so blind. Can't clearly see they won in this postseason despite of Jimmy, instead of because of him. Yes, he was probably injured. Kyle isn't a winning coach, but ultimately Jimmy blew another big game
wco81
RealGM

Post#646 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:27 am

Scott T wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
wco81 wrote:

What back in 2017?

All I’m saying is, the year we traded for Garoppolo, he won us the last 4 or 5 games worthless games. Putting us out of position to draft Mahomes or DeShaun Watson.

Huh? No. Those guys were in the 2017 draft and we traded for Jimmy the following season. We had the #2 pick in the Mahomes draft and took Solomon Thomas after trading down a spot. Kyle later admitted that they didn't really bother scouting the top QBs of that draft.

Yeah that was the year they drafted Solomon Thomas and Ruben Foster, two huge busts.

Mahomes was drafted #10 and Watson #12.

49ers drafted Beathard in the 3rd round, #104.

IF not for Kittle and DJ Jones, that draft would have yielded nobody.
wco81
RealGM

Post#647 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:31 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:Some of you are so blind. Can't clearly see they won in this postseason despite of Jimmy, instead of because of him. Yes, he was probably injured. Kyle isn't a winning coach, but ultimately Jimmy blew another big game

Sure but Kyle blew the game with Ryan as QB. Ryan may be a HoF QB when he' done.

They had an absolute dominant offense and then they crumbled after getting a huge lead.
Scott T
Starter
And1: 444

Post#648 » by Scott T » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:32 am

They could've very well won this one despite all of their short-comings if Kyle just wasn't a total coward (once again) on that 4th quarter punt. They only needed 2 yards and could've made it a 2-score game. Instead they gave it away and they looked like **** from that point on.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#649 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:33 am

When was the last time they ran a fake FG or punt?
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#650 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:34 am

wco81 wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:Some of you are so blind. Can't clearly see they won in this postseason despite of Jimmy, instead of because of him. Yes, he was probably injured. Kyle isn't a winning coach, but ultimately Jimmy blew another big game

Sure but Kyle blew the game with Ryan as QB. Ryan may be a HoF QB when he' done.

They had an absolute dominant offense and then they crumbled after getting a huge lead.
Yes, two chokers on one time. I'm not convinced Kyle will ever win as a HC
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 941

Post#651 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:37 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
wco81 wrote:

What back in 2017?

We picked Solomon Thomas third overall the year Mahomes and Watson were drafted in the double digits. That's all on Kyle.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#652 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:39 am

Scott T wrote:They could've very well won this one despite all of their short-comings if Kyle just wasn't a total coward (once again) on that 4th quarter punt. They only needed 2 yards and could've made it a 2-score game. Instead they gave it away and they looked like **** from that point on.

I don't blame him for punting, but I do blame him for play calling.

On 2nd and 1, he calls a run up the middle for Mitchell who was getting stonewalled all game. He ended up losing a yard.
On 3rd and 2, he calls a handoff to Juice as the upback and he gets swallowed up at the line.

I'm not sure he called a designed run to the outside all game, even though the Rams' D Line was blowing up everything up the middle at or behind the LOS.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#653 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:41 am

thesack12 wrote:
Scott T wrote:They could've very well won this one despite all of their short-comings if Kyle just wasn't a total coward (once again) on that 4th quarter punt. They only needed 2 yards and could've made it a 2-score game. Instead they gave it away and they looked like **** from that point on.

On 2nd and 1, he calls a run up the middle for Mitchell who was getting stonewalled all game. He ended up losing a yard.
On 3rd and 2, he calls a handoff to Juice as the upback and he gets swallowed up at the line.

I'm not sure he called a designed run to the outside all game, even though the Rams' D Line was blowing up everything up the middle at or behind the LOS.
It's called not trusting your QB
thesack12
RealGM

Post#654 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:43 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

LOL, yeah because running to the outside is most definitely a QB centric play.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 817

Post#655 » by arich35 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:44 am

thesack12 wrote:

There were plenty of outside runs that didn't work either. It was obvious what GB and LA were doing but Jimmy and Kyle just weren't able to open the offense up. I hope with someone with Trey's abilities the offense can open up in new ways. Kyle needs to really rework the offense
TheMonarch
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#656 » by TheMonarch » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:46 am

thesack12 wrote:

This. The run game calls were predictable. The Rams were stuffing the 49ers vast majority of the game on runs up the middle.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#657 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:49 am

thesack12 wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

LOL, yeah because running to the outside is most definitely a QB centric play.
What? 2nd and 1 and you run both times
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 941

Post#658 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:50 am

This is incredible. They were up by three with about eleven minutes left, 2nd and 1 on the opponent's 44. From that point on, THEY DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE PLAY THAT NETTED POSITIVE YARDAGE. I think it's a greater offensive collapse than the super bowl, and ultimately it's on Kyle IMO.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#659 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:51 am

arich35 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

There were plenty of outside runs that didn't work either. It was obvious what GB and LA were doing but Jimmy and Kyle just weren't able to open the offense up. I hope with someone with Trey's abilities the offense can open up in new ways. Kyle needs to really rework the offense

2nd or 3rd and shorts were few and far between tonight.

When the O-line is struggling with pass protection and getting dominated in the run game, you need to be getting out to the edges frequently.

Not attempting to stretch the defense out by bouncing something to the outside on either of those plays is poor situational awareness and even poorer attention to how the game has been going.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#660 » by Jikkle » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:52 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
wco81 wrote:

What back in 2017?

We picked Solomon Thomas third overall the year Mahomes and Watson were drafted in the double digits. That's all on Kyle.

Jimmy was the reason for McGlinchey not Mahomes or Watson.

The reason for Mahomes or Watson was Shanahan's bromance with Cousins. The plan was to sign Cousins the next season when he was a free agent which is why Shanahan didn't bother looking at any of the QBs.

So oddly enough Jimmy saved us from getting Cousins but his injury along with dumb play history lead us into drafting Lance which if ends up being a Josh Allen type of QB we could in the end have Jimmy to thank for all of that.

Return to San Francisco 49ers