ImageImageImageImageImage

2022 NFL Draft Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Re: 2022 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#281 » by Dodub » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:55 pm

West was never supposed to be an NFL starter. I’ve always been wary of his lack of push, he needs to get much stronger and likely would get manhandled by NFL NT’s. I’d take him as a developmental prospect, but he needs to hit the weight room in a huge way
Dodub
General Manager

Post#282 » by Dodub » Sun May 1, 2022 12:02 am

We just signed Center Jason Poe

He seems very similar to West. Needs to hit the weight room and put some size on according to his scouting report. I’ve never seen any film on him
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#283 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun May 1, 2022 12:15 am

Dodub wrote:We just signed Center Jason Poe

He seems very similar to West. Needs to hit the weight room and put some size on according to his scouting report. I’ve never seen any film on him

PFF's ninth-best player available, and second-best center behind West (of the undrafted guys).

With his movement skills at this size, there's a lot to work with from a developmental standpoint in the later rounds.

Solid start to undrafted FA at a big need spot. I wonder if Mack told them he was staying, but they didn't publicize that because they wanted teams thinking they might be looking at center.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#284 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun May 1, 2022 12:18 am

Leon O'Neal is PFF's 18th-best player remaining and third-best safety.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#285 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun May 1, 2022 12:22 am

We have apparently picked up a Tay (Martin), Taysir (Mack), and Tayler (Hawkins). Good thing they'll likely refer to them by their last names.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#286 » by Dodub » Sun May 1, 2022 12:49 am

We got West
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#287 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun May 1, 2022 1:14 am

Dodub wrote:We got West

Niceee
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#288 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun May 1, 2022 1:16 am

Solid. He may not be ready yet, but hopefully he can put on some muscle and strength.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#289 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun May 1, 2022 1:19 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Donovan West is a must tomorrow. We need a center badly

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=eJ7bJD5DB8g20l-MQ9AXPw

I wanted him with our first pick of day 3, getting him essentially for free is a major steal for us. Again, not expecting him to start until 2023 / 24.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=eJ7bJD5DB8g20l-MQ9AXPw
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#290 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun May 1, 2022 1:23 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:Solid. He may not be ready yet, but hopefully he can put on some muscle and strength.

Yup :nod:

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#291 » by I_am_1z » Sun May 1, 2022 1:59 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Tariq Castro-Fields is one of my least liked player in this draft.

Yeah, he's awful. No way he can play DB in the NFL. 1st day cut
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#292 » by I_am_1z » Sun May 1, 2022 2:09 am

Danny Gray = Brandon Aiyuk
Drake Jackson looks like an intelligent player that stands room to grow his potential coming off the edge

I really want to see highlights of Samuel Womack, but can't find them for now
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#293 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun May 1, 2022 3:06 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Tariq Castro-Fields is one of my least liked player in this draft.

Yeah, he's awful. No way he can play DB in the NFL. 1st day cut

Haha. Well if you're saying that about a Penn State player, he must be truly awful.

I figure with the last pick in the 6th, it's worth a shot on a guy with elite traits, even if the instincts are lacking. But low expectations for anyone we took there.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#294 » by wco81 » Sun May 1, 2022 4:07 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:I don't have a problem with them adding bodies to the RB position. I have a problem with them doing it in the third round when we have so many other glaring needs and we took a back in the third who most valued somewhere around the sixth round. Receiving certainly isn't the be-all, end-all of the RB position, but it is the thing that a RB does that provides the most value. It's also the thing that is conspicuously lacking from our RB group.

The benefit of a RB with legit receiving skills is that a player like that can really stress the defense in a similar way that Samuel can. A guy with that sort of versatility might be worth a third-round pick in a deep draft. They guy we added isn't, even if he turns into a very good between-the-numbers runner. And if he does turn into that, it likely means that Sermon was a wasted pick in the third last year - not that you should let a blown pick keep you from addressing a problem area, but it feels early to give up on Sermon.

As far as needing the depth to spare Deebo, last year we had awful luck with injuries. Wilson had a freak accident that kept him out most of the year and limited his contributions when he returned. Sermon got hurt repeatedly. Obviously Mostert went down game one. RB is a position where you expect more injuries, but there was an element of just awful dumb luck to it. But as said, the bigger issue for me isn't adding a RB, it's reaching for a RB in a spot where we could have addressed a glaring need at a more valuable position with a guy who has a chance to start in the near future.

3rd round pick for a RB is pretty much an admission that the Sermon pick last year was a mistake, that they don't expect him to pan out or they want this new draftee to compete for playing time right away?
Dodub
General Manager

Post#295 » by Dodub » Sun May 1, 2022 2:36 pm

Tariq Castro Fields isn’t a bad pick at all. It’s using a late round pick on a kid with prototypical size and speed. He has all of the tools to be successful, he’s just super raw and needs technical work. I have no problem with seeing if our coaching staff can unlock that potential and get the most out of him.

Of course it’s likely that they can’t get him to play with proper technique and learn to read the offense, but I don’t mind spending a late round pick trying to find out.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#296 » by Dodub » Sun May 1, 2022 2:40 pm

wco81 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:I don't have a problem with them adding bodies to the RB position. I have a problem with them doing it in the third round when we have so many other glaring needs and we took a back in the third who most valued somewhere around the sixth round. Receiving certainly isn't the be-all, end-all of the RB position, but it is the thing that a RB does that provides the most value. It's also the thing that is conspicuously lacking from our RB group.

The benefit of a RB with legit receiving skills is that a player like that can really stress the defense in a similar way that Samuel can. A guy with that sort of versatility might be worth a third-round pick in a deep draft. They guy we added isn't, even if he turns into a very good between-the-numbers runner. And if he does turn into that, it likely means that Sermon was a wasted pick in the third last year - not that you should let a blown pick keep you from addressing a problem area, but it feels early to give up on Sermon.

As far as needing the depth to spare Deebo, last year we had awful luck with injuries. Wilson had a freak accident that kept him out most of the year and limited his contributions when he returned. Sermon got hurt repeatedly. Obviously Mostert went down game one. RB is a position where you expect more injuries, but there was an element of just awful dumb luck to it. But as said, the bigger issue for me isn't adding a RB, it's reaching for a RB in a spot where we could have addressed a glaring need at a more valuable position with a guy who has a chance to start in the near future.

3rd round pick for a RB is pretty much an admission that the Sermon pick last year was a mistake, that they don't expect him to pan out or they want this new draftee to compete for playing time right away?

I don’t see it that way at all. It’s just another weapon to be used. I think this has more to do with Deebo not playing RB than with Sermon.

If you haven’t noticed, the Shanahan’s rarely use the one running back “bell cow” philosophy. Mike and Kyle have both ran through tons of RB’s in their day, because they get used up so quickly. Kyle has had a different leading rusher every year. We need depth and youth at the position and most importantly we need cheap contracts.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#297 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun May 1, 2022 4:14 pm

Dodub wrote:Tariq Castro Fields isn’t a bad pick at all. It’s using a late round pick on a kid with prototypical size and speed. He has all of the tools to be successful, he’s just super raw and needs technical work. I have no problem with seeing if our coaching staff can unlock that potential and get the most out of him.

Of course it’s likely that they can’t get him to play with proper technique and learn to read the offense, but I don’t mind spending a late round pick trying to find out.

Even though I don’t like the pick, I’m not bugging out over a 6th round pick (where Ty Davis-Price should have been drafted). I’m upset because the 6th and 7th round is where we make our living: Kittle; Juan Jennings; Elijah Mitchell; etc.

I’m disgusted by the Ty Davis pick, yeah I’m beating a dead horse. That pick was way too early, Kyle! And honestly based on the limited touch I saw from Sermon last year, it gave me a little bit of hope that he can be a good back in the league. Even though he fumbled the ball when he sustained the head injury.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#298 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun May 1, 2022 5:04 pm

I really really like our FA signings. Good receivers (especially Mack). The other receiver Tay Martin gives me Kendrick Bourne vibes. We also signed two very good centers/offensive guards; two good linebackers in Segun Olubi and Gemmel. At least 2 UDFAs will make the 53 man roster. I’m that excited about this group.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#299 » by Dodub » Sun May 1, 2022 5:24 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:I really really like our FA signings. Good receivers (especially Mack). The other receiver Tay Martin gives me Kendrick Bourne vibes. We also signed two very good centers/offensive guards; two good linebackers in Segun Olubi and Gemmel. At least 2 UDFAs will make the 53 man roster. I’m that excited about this group.

We’re going to have a very strong practice squad too
Dodub
General Manager

Post#300 » by Dodub » Sun May 1, 2022 5:25 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Dodub wrote:Tariq Castro Fields isn’t a bad pick at all. It’s using a late round pick on a kid with prototypical size and speed. He has all of the tools to be successful, he’s just super raw and needs technical work. I have no problem with seeing if our coaching staff can unlock that potential and get the most out of him.

Even though I don’t like the pick, I’m not bugging out over a 6th round pick (where Ty Davis-Price should have been drafted). I’m upset because the 6th and 7th round is where we make our living: Kittle; Juan Jennings; Elijah Mitchell; etc.

I’m disgusted by the Ty Davis pick, yeah I’m beating a dead horse. That pick was way too early, Kyle! And honestly based on the limited touch I saw from Sermon last year, it gave me a little bit of hope that he can be a good back in the league. Even though he fumbled the ball when he sustained the head injury.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Ty Davis pick, but only because I wanted Pierre Strong. I expected us to take a RB in the 4th so that one came a bit early. RB is absolutely 100% a need on this team though. Truthfully it’s as big of a need as CB was.

Return to San Francisco 49ers