ImageImageImageImageImage

PRESEASON GAME VS PACKERS

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

PRESEASON GAME VS PACKERS 

Post#1 » by 49er4life1979 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 am

Alright its that time again to get ready for some football! Thoughts on the game? Samuel Womack's two picks, all three QBs playing well, Danny Gray. Those 3 stood out to me. Let's hear it!
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Re: PRESEASON GAME VS PACKERS 

Post#2 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:20 am

The Oline which is the worst unit on the squad, held their own. We have no serious threat behind George Kittle.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 261

Post#3 » by Jikkle » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:00 am

Was at work when it was only so have only had time to go back and watch the 1st two drives with Lance.

Mostly positive day for him and he performed pretty much as I realistically hoped he would for the 1st preseason game of the year.

Thought he looked pretty comfortable out there and didn't seem rattled or overmatched. Compared to last season where I didn't think he was panicked or overwhelmed but you could tell he was constantly second-guessing himself and wasn't trusting what he saw. Overall was just decisive in everything he did.

He slid! Not only did I like the fact he escaped pressure and had his eyes downfield before committing to running he finished it off by sliding which I didn't expect to see but thrilled that he did it. If he can consistently slide it does boost my confidence in his ability to stay healthy.

Obviously the pass to Gray was great. Wasn't a 100 out of 100 pass to him but still pretty much what you want to see in that Gray didn't have to break stride and just had to make a slight adjustment to catch it. It's exactly the element the offense has been sorely lacking and if he can just hit a couple of those a game and hit most of the stuff Jimmy hits I say we're in great shape.

I'm fine with the 3rd and 9 miss. You obviously want to see him hit it but it's a tough throw and I tend to agree with Ryan that it just seemed like he was a tic late on the throw rather than it being a bad throw in itself. I can live with some misses like that this season.

The only negative was the throw to Dwelley and that's the throw that worries you. You can live with misses like he had on 3rd and 9 but missing or almost missing the gimme throws like he had with Dwelley can haunt you. Missing a throw like that if it was 3rd down and it would've converted it can lose you games. Going to have to live with some brutal misses like that this season but it's something that he has to cleanup and want to see be rarer and rarer as his career goes on.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#4 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#5 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:04 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:10 pm

a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#7 » by a8bil » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:44 pm

Watching Kinlaw during the game, he looked decent. He seemed to beat his man pretty regularly. Still plays too high, which makes him more susceptible to chips from secondary blockers, but so far so good.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#8 » by Jikkle » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:33 pm

Seems like we're ok at both Guard spots at least. Burford did give up pressure on the inside on the 1st pass play but looked fine afterwards. I do expect some growing pains with the offensive line but I feel better about it than I did prior to camp.

It's just not easy to get a feel on how much of the struggles have to do with them facing the arguably best and deepest defensive line in the league or if they truly are bad.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#9 » by Jikkle » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 am

https://westcoastfootball.substack.com/p/trey-lance-preseason-debut

Thought it was interesting that on the 3rd and 9 they believe it wasn't a bad throw by Lance but Gray wasn't in the spot he should've been on his route.

Given that Kyle wasn't happy with Gray on his 76 yard TD either it seems Gray will need some work.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#10 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Jikkle wrote:https://westcoastfootball.substack.com/p/trey-lance-preseason-debut

Thought it was interesting that on the 3rd and 9 they believe it wasn't a bad throw by Lance but Gray wasn't in the spot he should've been on his route.

Given that Kyle wasn't happy with Gray on his 76 yard TD either it seems Gray will need some work.

The author of this article believes that anyway. Not sure how true that is

Return to San Francisco 49ers