ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 7: Chiefs @ 49ers

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Re: Week 7: Chiefs @ 49ers 

Post#341 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:44 am

McGlinchey making almost $11 million this season before hitting free fence.

Offer him a minimum deal for 2 years, take it or leave it.

Or just let him walk except they burned all the draft picks so they don’t have great options.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#342 » by Jikkle » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:59 am

I'm going to give Ryans some leeway here.

No doubt Reid completely took him to school but Reid has been at this for way longer than Ryans whose only been a coordinator for a season and a half and just a young guy in general.

I just hope the past two weeks have been painful teaching lessons for him and that he continues to hone his craft. It took Saleh a couple of seasons before he really got it down and hopefully Ryans will be the same.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#343 » by Jikkle » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:01 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Just re-watched the highlights, and a few thoughts.

Got to question the playcall on the safety. We had the ball on the 6, Garoppolo was in shotgun, and then dropped back several steps from there. Why? There was just no reason for him to go into the endzone on that play. Get the snap and throw the ball. It also led to Garoppolo being some ten yards back from the LOS at the end of his drop, which allowed Frank Clark to get up and around Trent (who may still be hobbled somewhat by the ankle).

Sack-and-fumble...I don't know. He had a fair bit of time in the pocket, and arguably should have seen Jones coming. Tough to get all that fired up at that point in the game. Man, McGlinchey is awful, though. Can't handle speed. Can't handle power. What's his game?

McClingchey was not known as a good pass blocker out of college. He just never improved and will always be a liability. I don't always watch individual oline play but seeing him just get physically pushed back just stood out. They could probably start Brunskill at tackle and the difference wouldn't be all that different.

Yeah it was a case of Shanahan falling in love with his run-blocking ability and I probably hoping McGlinchey would be at least serviceable in pass protection.
Jikkle
Analyst

Post#344 » by Jikkle » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:08 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Oh, Jimmy also put a ball right on L'Jarius Snead's hands (then Aiyuk's, and maybe another defender's?) deep in the red zone. Totally forgot about that. I think that was on first down, on the drive in which Kittle later scored a TD to put us within five points.

Yeah, not a great game for Jimmy this week. I'll be interested to see how PFF evaluates him.

Update: apparently it was 54.9. His second-lowest grade this season.

Aaron Banks continued his strong performance. Amazingly, Hufanga was the highest graded defender at 71.4. Not sure how. His angles were awful.

Banks has been a pretty pleasant surprise and I'm pretty sure he only has one penalty as well.

On a side rant it's why you don't base judgements on 1 v 1 drills in training camp. If you went by Grant Cohn's training camp reports than Banks was horrible but that mainly stemmed from him getting beat on 1 v 1 drills. As someone that did play offensive line during my school years I can tell you that 1 v 1 pass rush drills heavily favor the defense especially with guards and centers.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,226

Post#345 » by thesack12 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Man, the offense in the Denver game was painfully brutal. Its pretty incredible that the defense's performance against KC was almost twice as bad as that.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#346 » by thesack12 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#347 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:10 pm

Dodub wrote:No chance DeMeco gets a head coaching job after this performance. He’s failed to make any sort of adjustment and hasn’t figured out that he needs a nickel corner in the game

He just landed a job Dub.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 941

Post#348 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:30 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Dodub wrote:No chance DeMeco gets a head coaching job after this performance. He’s failed to make any sort of adjustment and hasn’t figured out that he needs a nickel corner in the game

Too bad he got it this year. Only one comp pick for losing him, as opposed to two. Oh well, figured it was a foregone conclusion after the year this D had.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#349 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Feb 1, 2023 12:02 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Too bad he got it this year. Only one comp pick for losing him, as opposed to two. Oh well, figured it was a foregone conclusion after the year this D had.

Hold up? We’re only getting a 2023 comp pick for him and nothing in 2024?
thesack12
RealGM

Post#350 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 1, 2023 12:15 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Hold up? We’re only getting a 2023 comp pick for him and nothing in 2024?

Only getting 1 comp pick for Demeco....in 2025

Read on Twitter
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 941

Post#351 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Feb 1, 2023 12:34 am

Gotta say, as frustrating as only getting one pick instead of two for both Mayhew and Ryans, we will have netted EIGHT additional third round comp picks in a three year span. That is just remarkable. Now, we keep throwing them in the garbage with picks like Trey Sermon, Tyrion Davis-Price, and Ambry Thomas (not all comp picks, but all third-rounders), but at least we've got a lot of darts to throw in that round.

Return to San Francisco 49ers