ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Ideas Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#161 » by throwbackewing33 » Wed Jun 6, 2007 3:11 pm

We are only going to see a better Abreu. He is starting to hit, batting like .500 on this current streak. As far as his fielder yea hes not that good but he still has a gun. I'd rather have his bat in there than some other no name guy who covers more ground in the field.
Im not worried about Sanchez, he would be a gamble and seems to be a decent prospect. If Cash thinks hes good than he could be had for reasonable compensation.
Jitpal
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#162 » by Jitpal » Wed Jun 6, 2007 6:09 pm

Anyone interested in Catalanotto? Can be used off the bench and a pretty good OF as well. Has some experience at 1B, 2B and 3B as well. He isn't hitting right now but he is a .300 or so career hitter with a good OBP. Maybe we can buy low because he just came off the 15 day DL 2 weeks ago. He would work pretty damn well in the corner outfield especially because we need to get Matsui and Abreu some days off, they can't play everyday. Damon if he gets the hang of 1B, can play there, with Catalanotto in LF and Matsui at DH. He would add a lot of flexibility because he can play pretty much anywhere. Pretty decent deal as well with his deal ending in '09 with pretty much everyone else on our roster and that article in the wiretap about Texas says he is available. Might be able to get him for a couple of low level prospects or maybe even less. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#163 » by 34Celtic » Wed Jun 6, 2007 6:33 pm

Jitpal wrote:Anyone interested in Catalanotto? Can be used off the bench and a pretty good OF as well. Has some experience at 1B, 2B and 3B as well. He isn't hitting right now but he is a .300 or so career hitter with a good OBP. Maybe we can buy low because he just came off the 15 day DL 2 weeks ago. He would work pretty damn well in the corner outfield especially because we need to get Matsui and Abreu some days off, they can't play everyday. Damon if he gets the hang of 1B, can play there, with Catalanotto in LF and Matsui at DH. He would add a lot of flexibility because he can play pretty much anywhere. Pretty decent deal as well with his deal ending in '09 with pretty much everyone else on our roster and that article in the wiretap about Texas says he is available. Might be able to get him for a couple of low level prospects or maybe even less. -Jitpal

The guy could always hit but is a career stiff in the field. No thanks.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#164 » by FaTaL » Fri Jun 8, 2007 10:27 am

Jitpal wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, it isn't a question of stuff. His control is a little off right now and is working on that. That wouldn't be an issue for us because Nardi has helped basically everyone in our system and almost all of our prospects are praised for their command and control. -Jitpal

his control has been shaky because he hasn't had consistent innings for the giants. the giants starters lead the nl in innings pitched. he tends to lose his release point but theres no question about his stuff, hes been a k machine at every level. the giants wont trade him unless they get a young hitter in return, i dont see a match for the yanks.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#165 » by Jitpal » Fri Jun 8, 2007 5:05 pm

Helton has told friends he'd never go to the Yankees.

Link -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#166 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sat Jun 9, 2007 4:43 pm

the bullpen should be priority # 1

P.S. the Boston Red Sox just DFA JC Romero anyone think Cashman waives Myers and signs JC :pray:

I also like Damaso Marte from the Pirates

can we waive Mike Myers already :banghead: :banghead:
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#167 » by Jitpal » Sat Jun 9, 2007 5:22 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:the bullpen should be priority # 1

P.S. the Boston Red Sox just DFA JC Romero anyone think Cashman waives Myers and signs JC :pray:

Before we deal away pieces for a bullpen arm(unless it's a top flight arm), we should bring up and use Henn, Rameirez and Britton. -Jitpal
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#168 » by jeff1624 » Sat Jun 9, 2007 5:35 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:the bullpen should be priority # 1

JC Romero is garbage id rather have myers.
Dat Leadership
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#169 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sat Jun 9, 2007 5:52 pm

jeff1624 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

JC Romero is garbage id rather have myers.

you can't be serious :eek1:
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#170 » by Jitpal » Sat Jun 9, 2007 6:07 pm

Well JC Romero is garbage but so is Myers. I'm trying to remember the last time Myers got a left hander out. Anyone want to help? -Jitpal
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#171 » by PR07 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:31 pm

Breaking news: Teixiera has asked for a trade to the Northeast where he's from, named the Yankees and Orioles as his two preferred destinations. Get it done Cash! We need 1B help right now, and he's young. Rangers want 3 young prospects in any trade.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#172 » by Jitpal » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:45 pm

PacersRule07 wrote:Breaking news: Teixiera has asked for a trade to the Northeast where he's from, named the Yankees and Orioles as his two preferred destinations. Get it done Cash! We need 1B help right now, and he's young. Rangers want 3 young prospects in any trade.

Who would we give up? I wonder how a package of Clagett, Duncan and Clippard would be. -Jitpal
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by PR07 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:12 pm

I have no clue, how does our farm system rank against the Orioles? The only prospects I wouldn't trade are Hughes and Tabata, but that's obvious.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#174 » by Jitpal » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:15 pm

PacersRule07 wrote:I have no clue, how does our farm system rank against the Orioles? The only prospects I wouldn't trade are Hughes and Tabata, but that's obvious.

I'd protect a few others as well especially considering the price Teixiera will cost when he becomes a free agent with Boras as his free agent. I'd protect Joba, Betances, Kennedy and Whelan. I also wouldn't be against dealing Ohelendorf or Sanchez for him, especially considering they can't seem to stay healthy but I wonder how much value they would have. -Jitpal

Edit: I don't know if we could compete with the Orioles if they were interested in dealing Cabrera, Bedard or Lowen. On the other hand, they will be on the market for a CF this offseason, not to mention the money going into Tejada, Roberts and Markakis. I read an article on ESPN about how the Orioles do not like dealing with Boras but that could change considering Wiesters(I think that who it is) is a Boras guy. -Jitpal
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by PR07 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:58 pm

Forgot about Bentances, I wouldn't trade him. I'd consider trading one of Kennedy, Chamberlain, etc. though if it meant we could trade one of our elite prospects (one of them) and two mid-level prospects. However, who knows the Rangers asking price? They could ask for 2 elite prospects...maybe even 3.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#176 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:31 pm

PacersRule07 wrote:Breaking news: Teixiera has asked for a trade to the Northeast where he's from, named the Yankees and Orioles as his two preferred destinations. Get it done Cash! We need 1B help right now, and he's young. Rangers want 3 young prospects in any trade.

can we get a damn link atleast

P.S. I would not be so quick to deal w/ Teixara, we have some chemistry and he's not the biggest need, right now I want rumors about the bullpen,

THE BULLPEN @!@@!
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#177 » by 34Celtic » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:12 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:THE BULLPEN @!@@!
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#178 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:52 am

I'm watching the braves right now....that Saltalamacchia dude is legit, the Braves could get a stud pitcher for him if they don't switch him or Mccann to first. He's got a rocket arm, great swing and he just ripped a pitch off the wall in Right. god I'd love for us to get him if we could and switch Jorge to first base. Oh he's a switch hitter too. STILL if this guy was in our system you would be drooling over him right now.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#179 » by NYKnSTILL! » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:38 am

34Celtic wrote:I'm watching the braves right now....that Saltalamacchia dude is legit, the Braves could get a stud pitcher for him if they don't switch him or Mccann to first. He's got a rocket arm, great swing and he just ripped a pitch off the wall in Right. god I'd love for us to get him if we could and switch Jorge to first base. Oh he's a switch hitter too. STILL if this guy was in our system you would be drooling over him right now.

Clippard and Duncan for him that's as far as I go and I may even throw in Henn
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by PR07 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:47 am

I don't have an internet link, but I can tell you I heard it on a radio streaming of KLAC (an LA based radio station) by Hacksaw Hamilton while trying to listen to Jermaine O'Neal rumors. I don't think he'd just make that up.

I also don't think our bullpen is in that bad of shape, they've been pretty good lately, and it's because they're starting to get some rest with our starters going longer. We probably could use another quality arm, but I don't think it's necessary to acquire an elite setup guy at this point.

I also think we need another big RBI/power guy in this lineup. AROD is really our only healthy one right now (Giambi being the other). There is no secret that when AROD's bat is hot, this team wins a lot of games, but what happens when he cools down again? We have a lot of good hitters, but a guy like Teixeria would put this lineup over the top.

Return to New York Yankees