ImageImageImageImageImage

Angels vs. Yankees - Game 2

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#21 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun May 27, 2007 3:29 am

majorleads wrote:Ok I just watched that half inning again on mlb.tv and kept replaying the pitches. The 0-2 curveball against Damon which I thought was a strike was borderline, could have gone either way. They didn't show replays so I'll assume it was a ball. I'll give you that. It's tough to tell because the camera angle is not straight.

Now onto Abreu's at bat. First pitch was off the plate outside for a ball. Second pitch was a nasty hook right over the plate which bobby just stared at. The third pitch...now this why he got called out on the next pitch. This pitch was another nasty hook that was right over the plate, perhaps a tad bit low, but definitely crossed at the knees. Just a beautiful pitch that Abreu stood their and watched. Ok after this pitch, Abreu complains and walks out of the batters box for TWENTY FIVE SECONDS! Finally he gets in and you can just tell the ump is now ticked off. Next pitch a foot outside, strike 3 called which is, the umps way of saying don't show me up next time.

exactly it's called a ok "get a load of this one" strike. Umps at the end of games do not like getting analyzed, Abreu did it to him and the ump does what's called "GET A LOAD OF THIS ONE"

pitch borderline

Abreu complains " I didn't like that one "

ump: " You didn't like that one. ok.... then get a load of this one "
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#22 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sun May 27, 2007 5:00 am

Horrible call by the ump.He sucks

But cant blame the loss on the ump.We just suck right now.We lose another series

*Sigh*
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015

Return to New York Yankees