Game 3: Bolts at the Beloved Birds

Moderator: Cactus Jack

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Re: Game 3: Bolts at the Beloved Birds 

Post#81 » by wiff » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:58 am

I thought the pursuit on Rivers in the first half was great. Seemed like they were rushing his passes or knocking him over pretty consistently. The second half though it seemed like San Diego made some pretty good adjustments because they were not able to get to River anywhere close to the 1st half.

I'm still sticking to my 7-9 prediction with the Hawks being 7-5 with four weeks to go and dropping the last 4 straight.

Sounds harsh but what can I say I grew up watching Seattle sports.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#82 » by Bulltalk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 am

wiff wrote:I'm still sticking to my 7-9 prediction with the Hawks being 7-5 with four weeks to go and dropping the last 4 straight.

Division winner!
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#83 » by Danny Darko » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Bulltalk wrote:
wiff wrote:I'm still sticking to my 7-9 prediction with the Hawks being 7-5 with four weeks to go and dropping the last 4 straight.

Division winner!

hahah oh man

prevent D- Why? really why does anyone still play prevent?

Kam Chancellor has done alot of nice things for us. when Lawyer is done pummeling people i think Kam will be a nice starter for us some day.

You know who has done alot more than I expected? Brock.

My only two reasons for Matt to stay the starter is team confidence and turnovers. The more I see horrible decision making and dumb interceptions from Matt, though, the more I swallow hard and wonder if it isn't about time for CBJ.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#84 » by Sweezo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:15 pm

A poster over at Field Gulls made the following observation via Scout.com: Of the five plays where Clemons dropped into coverage on a zone blitz, a pass was completed on each of them for a total of 109 yards. Now, that also clearly doesn't involve the TD pass to Gates [that Clemons whiffed on in coverage] that was called back due to penalty. I know coaches are beholden to their schemes, but surely the coaching staff will review the tape and see that this tactic just doesn't work.

Maybe you can try stuff like this against Alex Smith or a rookie like Bradford as a test, but a good QB like Rives will pick that nonsense apart.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#85 » by Sweezo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Danny Darko wrote:prevent D- Why? really why does anyone still play prevent?

I'm hoping much of it was due to personnel. Some noticed that our DBs started getting shredded as soon as Trufant let the game due to injury. I don't know if we started playing zone more when that occurred and Rivers' keyed on it. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the defensive backfield is alinged when Tru's back.

Danny Darko wrote:Kam Chancellor has done alot of nice things for us. when Lawyer is done pummeling people i think Kam will be a nice starter for us some day.

Chancellor caused a fumble, which Davis recovered. Thomas had two picks. L. Washington had two KOR for TD. Clemons applied lots of pressure and came up with two sacks. Our '10 "draft class" did well.

Speaking of '10 draft class...what do we do when Okung's healthy? Obviously he's your penciled in LT, but the line's held. What do you do with Polumbus? Bench? Push Locklear to G?

Danny Darko wrote:
You know who has done alot more than I expected? Brock.
Same with Siavii. They're not huge difference makes but they've had their names called for the right reasons a few times. Still would've like to have seen what Vickerson would've done.

Balmer's also doing alright. He had Rivers for a sack...until the OL dove and grabbed his leg [which led to a holding call]. He's been able to play inside, which was something L. Jackson really wasn't built for.

Danny Darko wrote:My only two reasons for Matt to stay the starter is team confidence and turnovers. The more I see horrible decision making and dumb interceptions from Matt, though, the more I swallow hard and wonder if it isn't about time for CBJ.

You know...if Branch holds on to that ball at the one, Matt has a decent game under his belt. He had his issues, but he played well enough for his team to win. Branch's fumble wasn't his fault, and neither was the QB draw that ended the first half...sounds like that was completely the coaching staff's fault. They should rip that play out of the playbook and burn it with fire. Or save it for a wildcat package of some sort [but not when time's winding down...].
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#86 » by Danny Darko » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:22 pm

well, as far as a veteran leader goes, there's no refuting

a- that Matt's attitude and vibe is great
b- he has the best 3rd down completion rating in the league.

Balmer and Siavii both look like real contributers. I agree.

Regarding Okung being back... I say you start "Troy" and get some snaps from Okung, if he commands his job back first week fine, but not on the opening series. It sounds like Pete agrees with that in a few of the latest press release comments. When he is back... i hate to say it but for now Lock is sealing the rt spot up. Let Polumbus compete for it though, for sure.

Return to Seattle Seahawks