Moderator: Cactus Jack

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,392

Game 13: Seahawks vs Cardinals 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 9, 2012 9:26 pm

VS.

Warning positive media about Pacific NW football players detected!

Mooch interviews Wilson about rookie of the year

Do not flub this game. Playoffs are in sight!

Injury update:

Seahawks-

No time for that. Game to win.

Cardinals

Who cares. Demolish them!

Things to Watch:

1. Read options?
Well last week we saw the power of threatening to unleash Russ on the run. I do expect we'll play on this, but will it be featured or just a bluff?

2. Run D
Still needs to look like early season form for us to be playoff ready... or to make the playoffs.

3. Blitz protection
We know the one thing the Cards still do well is get after the QB... point 1 might help alleviate that, but here's hoping for good protection.

4. Syd & Tate
Hopefully we see more of the production they are capable of and no more injury scares at a position we need badly to bolster RW's weapon array.

Predictions-
Seattle 24 Cardinals 17
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Game 13: Seahawks vs Cardinals 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 9, 2012 9:34 pm

wagner for the pro bowl!

damn then hard sack... good job not fumbling Russ
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 9, 2012 9:41 pm

Wow mebane with the facemask pile driver... very dockett like
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 9, 2012 10:29 pm

lots of Boom Shakalaka in the first half. I hope we don't get a letdown effect in the 2nd half
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Dec 9, 2012 10:32 pm

Danny Darko wrote:lots of Boom Shakalaka in the first half. I hope we don't get a letdown effect in the 2nd half

I agree. The team must keep piling it on until we are certain the game is out of reach. Momentum can be very fickle
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 9, 2012 10:39 pm

or... we could simply break them in half in the first two quarters it looks like
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Sun Dec 9, 2012 10:48 pm

My goodness...I don't think I've ever seen a more dominating performance by the Seahawks in every facet of the game. 31-0?! Offense. Defense. Special teams?!

And suddenly Russell Wilson throws an interception on what was a pretty horrible idea...I think he got bored.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#8 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Dec 9, 2012 11:18 pm

Sweezo wrote:My goodness...I don't think I've ever seen a more dominating performance by the Seahawks in every facet of the game. 31-0?! Offense. Defense. Special teams?!

And suddenly Russell Wilson throws an interception on what was a pretty horrible idea...I think he got bored.

The closest I can recall was back during the Dave Krieg era when the Seahawks won a game vs the Chiefs by 45-0 with 6 interceptions(4 returned for TD's)
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Sweezo » Sun Dec 9, 2012 11:38 pm

Brandon-Clyde wrote:The closest I can recall was back during the Dave Krieg era when the Seahawks won a game vs the Chiefs by 45-0 with 6 interceptions(4 returned for TD's)

My memory of the Krieg area is a little limited. But my memory of all the crap we had at QB during the 1990s is pretty good. Thankfully, Russell Wilson is doing his best to scrub those memories from my brain.

BTW apparently we had a game against the Browns in '81 where we forced TEN turnovers. Wonder if we can break/tie that record..
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#10 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Dec 9, 2012 11:44 pm

Sweezo wrote:
Brandon-Clyde wrote:The closest I can recall was back during the Dave Krieg era when the Seahawks won a game vs the Chiefs by 45-0 with 6 interceptions(4 returned for TD's)

My memory of the Krieg area is a little limited. But my memory of all the crap we had at QB during the 1990s is pretty good. Thankfully, Russell Wilson is doing his best to scrub those memories from my brain.

BTW apparently we had a game against the Browns in '81 where we forced TEN turnovers. Wonder if we can break/tie that record..

Krieg was a pro bowler and I liked what he brought to the team better than the coach Chuck Knox did. Of course I grew to hate Knox's play calling because it would be 1st down run ,2nd down run, 3rd and long try and pass. I mean that literally for many games that is how it went and that was how the other teams played us
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Sweezo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 am

A couple things about Flynn: His delivery looks sluggish compare to Wilson, his passes don't have the same zip, and Flynn keeps getting his receivers killed. I imagine he's shaking off some rust, and Wilson didn't exactly set the world on fire in his first couple games, but I really don't think Flynn would have lead the Seahawks to the same success Wilson has.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#12 » by Danny Darko » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 am

^^yeah i'm glad flynn didn't get Rice KO'd. That was brutal. I think if he had to takeover he'd get hip in a game or two as a game manager qb, but super thankful for Russ.

In a side note one of the weirdest things in my life happened during this game. My wife asked how it was going and I said "it's a total blowout" then having a cold blew my nose, which resulted in blowing out my eardrum for the second time in my life. Crap. not a happy camper right now, but stoked at the win.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#13 » by TTown » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:05 am

speaking of wives, i've heard my wife curse twice in my life. just not something she does.

so she's in the room while i'm watching the game. it's 51-0, and she turns to me and asks, "how bad did you guys beat arizona the first time?" and i say, "we lost, actually."

after a brief pause she blurts out, "you're sh**ing me."

apt response.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Sweezo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 am

I'm watching highlights [because why not?] and I just saw Malcolm Smith's TD again. His presence in the last two games has been encouraging and I wonder if Leroy Hill's job is in jeopardy.

TTown wrote:speaking of wives, i've heard my wife curse twice in my life. just not something she does.

so she's in the room while i'm watching the game. it's 51-0, and she turns to me and asks, "how bad did you guys beat arizona the first time?" and i say, "we lost, actually."

after a brief pause she blurts out, "you're sh**ing me."

apt response.

Apt response, indeed. I wish I had the video for both games to compare and contrast, because I imagine the difference between the two games in terms of our offense would be staggering. In the first game, Wilson was a rookie who looked a little shell-shocked against pressure. A converted DL was starting in his first game as an offensive lineman. The team was trying to keep Wilson in the pocket. Edwards was the leading receiver. Tate was held without a catch. A lot of WR were used and their roles weren't clear.

How different are things now? Wilson looked just fine under pressure, using his TE and RBs quickly before anyone could force him into a bad decision. The zone-read is now an integral part of the offense. Wilson can stand and deliver in the pocket, but the team allows him to move around a lot instead of trying to confine him. Rice and Tate are the playmakers at wideout, and the WR screen to Tate is another staple of the offense to give Tate a chance to use his athleticism to create something.

It happened quietly but I'm going to throw it out there: Darrell Bevell's done a hell of a job. The offense didn't have to do as much today because the defense and special team were outstanding, but seeing the difference in the two games against the Cardinals kind of drives the point home.

Return to Seattle Seahawks