Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Game 15: Seahawks 2.0 vs 49ers 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

VS.

NFC West Post Apocalypse Battle Royale!

Division rivalry at it's finest. Coaching venom at it's finest. Home... home again... we like to be here when we can. Breathe.

Injury update:

Seahawks-

Jason Jones DE is out for the year. Alan Branch DT was back to practice Thrs. Walter Thurmond has had hamstring issues Trufant continues to be old and banged up in an already thinned secondary where Browner is suspended and Sherman may also be suspended this week.

San Fran

Justin Smith DE (elbow) missed another practice and may not be able to go.

Things to Watch:

1. Offensive Juggernauts
Can the Seahawks possibly keep it up?

2. Run D
The last time Seattle played the 9ers was the beginning of a downward trend for run defense that has continued. Turnovers have been great for Seattle, but run D?... not so much. Gore knows how to exploit so this is my key to the game along with-

3. Turnovers
A big reason for the lopsided scores we've seen and when two teams get as smash mouthed as these two llikely will, it's the possessions that can turn the tide.

4. Lynch
Key to the read option for Wilson? In two games Lynch has been averaging 11 yards a carry.... you heard right. 241 yards on 21 carries in the last two games. SF will be stouter than the Cards and Bills, but Lynch has to get some good gains early to set up that threat of pass, qb run, or beastmode that keeps the D guessing.

5. Secondary first
Browner is out, Sherm might be, and Thurmond is gimpy and so is Trufant. Not good news agains a surging Colin Kaepernick. Maxwell and Lane could be hidden lynch-pins to this game.

6. Rushing roulette
considering the above point. Clemons and Irvin will really need to limit Kapernicks time in the pocket while the lb crew will have to contain his nifty running.

Predictions-
Seattle 24 SF 21
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Game 15: Seahawks 2.0 vs 49ers 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 am

I'm so excited for this game. I haven't even watched any of the other games today because they just haven't been able to hold my interested. There's only one game I want to see this weekend and it's about to start in an hour.

Danny Darko wrote:Things to Watch:
5. Secondary first
Browner is out, Sherm might be, and Thurmond is gimpy and so is Trufant. Not good news agains a surging Colin Kaepernick. Maxwell and Lane could be hidden lynch-pins to this game.

This is the most concerning of the bullet points you posted. Trufant and WTIII are both out. Thank goodness Sherman's available tonight. If he'd been suspended, we'd be without our top FOUR cornerbacks for one of the biggest games of the year.

Losing Jason Jones for the year is also a big deal. At least Justin Smith is out for the Niners, as his ability to hold the **** out of opposing linemen really gives Aldon Smith a lot opportunities.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#3 » by TTown » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:11 am

28-6, half.

i hope we don't blow our wad before the playoffs. we could beat anyone in the league the way we've been playing the last month.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:30 am

That just a hell of a win. It's fun to put up 50 points on lesser teams like the Cardinals and the Bills, but to nearly do it against the Niners? Unreal. We've clinched a playoff berth and have a chance to cement this season as one of the best in team history.

The depth in the secondary is unreal. I like Brandon Browner, but I don't want to a spend a ton to keep him when he hits free agency. If we can hang on to Sherman and WTIII [if he can stay healthy] with Lane and Maxwell we might be in fine shape. Lane is a heck of a lot of fun to watch. He looks like he could be special.
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#5 » by Yunsen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:02 am

Completely forgot about this thread while watching the game. That win felt great. Everyone else got to see what we've been seeing the last few weeks.
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#6 » by nuke the whales » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:16 am

This game was almost a complete turnaround from the issues in the first half of the season. 11-13 3rd down conversion on offense. 3-11 3rd downs on defense. 4 penalties. 4-4 redzone trips (and 23 touchdowns in their last 33 chances!). The biggest difference in watching the games is that guys have been making plays around Wilson. For me it's gone from we have to get a #1 receiver this offseason to maybe we just need a speed guy to round out the group.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#7 » by TTown » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:27 am

i would love cal's keenan allen if we were in position to take him... sidney, allen, tate, baldwin, oh my.
ImageImageImageImage
Yunsen
Senior

Post#8 » by Yunsen » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:40 am

nuke the whales wrote:This game was almost a complete turnaround from the issues in the first half of the season. 11-13 3rd down conversion on offense. 3-11 3rd downs on defense. 4 penalties. 4-4 redzone trips (and 23 touchdowns in their last 33 chances!). The biggest difference in watching the games is that guys have been making plays around Wilson. For me it's gone from we have to get a #1 receiver this offseason to maybe we just need a speed guy to round out the group.

We were 11-12 on 3rd down since the last one was kneeling down to end the game. I don't think we neccessarily need a speed guy but I would like someone large. Besides that we're basically set everywhere when healthy.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#9 » by wiff » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:21 am

wiff wrote:
I haven't been this excited for the Hawks in freakin years.

If the Hawks can avoid the injury bug fairly well I can actually see them winning 10 games for the wild card.

Go Hawks!

Posted after the 3rd preseason game vs Kansas City.

Man I had very lofty expectations for this team at the start of the season, What's crazy is this team can actually nail down 11 wins.

It's kind of crazy to see how far this team has come offensively. The first 5 games or so they seemed like they could move the ball fairly well but then they just couldn't punch it into the end zone and would have to settle for the field goal. That's not happening anymore this team has been getting to the house at will. I can't wait for the lambs. Let's hope the 9'ers sleep on the Cards and drop one more game.
Yunsen
Senior

Post#10 » by Yunsen » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:34 am

I thought that if we could go at least 4-4 to start the season, we could easily make a big push in the second half of the season to make the playoffs, which we have. Thought at worst we would go 5-3 in the second half and at best 7-1, with the loss either home to 49er's or at Chicago.

Return to Seattle Seahawks