Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,392

Game 16: Seahawks vs Rams 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:18 am

VS.

Season Finale!

It would seem the 9ers have the division as they are playing a team with a 4th string QB at the helm that appears a perfect victim, but the 'Hawks do not want to roll over and play dead with a chance to maintain a full head of steam into the playoffs.

Injury update:

Seahawks-

Out

CB Walter Thurmond (hamstring)
Questionable
OT Breno Giacomini (elbow)
LB Leroy Hill (hamstring)

Probable

DE Red Bryant (foot)
RB Marshawn Lynch (back)
TE Anthony McCoy (back)
WR Sidney Rice (knee)
WR Golden Tate (illness)
FS Earl Thomas (ankle)
CB Marcus Trufant (hamstring)

Lambs

all probable

Things to Watch:

1. Subs/Health
There will be a lot of opportunities to let up in this game including at half when the team is likely to spot that the 9ers have demolished Arizona. If that is the case, I for one have no problem resting guys and not taking chances with health, but I do want the win and think it would be bad for our momentum to lose.

2. Rookie TD Record
1 to tie 2 to break Peyton Mannings record for DangeRuss

3. Exotic Blitzes from the Rams
The rams have blitzed the 2nd most in the NFL and use very complicated schemes. This has kept them in a lot of games. We'll want to keep RW upright and use hot reads all over the place.

4. Trick Plays
I somewhat expect Pete to try a gadget out in this game. He loves that stuff and might not feel the constraints of a normal game scenario with the playoffs clinched.

5. Aloha Clink
One for the road as surely this will be the last time the home field advantage is in effect this year. Let's hope the 12th man gives them a to go box.

6. Turbin for 100.
I expect Lynch to see a lot of rest and that just might mean Turbin gets featured. It might be a good barometer of what we can expect in the future.

Predictions-
Seattle 24 Rams 14
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Re: Game 16: Seahawks vs Rams 

Post#2 » by Yunsen » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:33 am

Turbin already ran for 100 yards against Arizona. I don't see us completely resting anyone until the 4th quarter unless we're destroying the Rams (like when Flynn came in on the second possession of the 2nd half against Arizona) or 49er's have a huge lead against Arizona in the 4th quarter. I doubt Lynch will get more than 15 carries though.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#3 » by TTown » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:54 pm

late christmas present with the sherman news.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Danny Darko wrote:4. Trick Plays
I somewhat expect Pete to try a gadget out in this game. He loves that stuff and might not feel the constraints of a normal game scenario with the playoffs clinched.

Pete also might still be a little sore about losing the Rams earlier in the year on a fake FG by the Rams.

I don't expect Pete to do anything less to win this game than he has the prior 15. To do so kind of goes against everything he preaches.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Well this has been a fairly uninspiring game. The Rams pass rush is giving us more problems than any other team I can think of in recent memory. Getting Trufant back has been more of a curse than a blessing as he's getting picked apart once again.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#6 » by TTown » Tue Jan 1, 2013 10:05 pm

definitely didn't have the pizazz of the last month, but the rams have been pesky all year. for awhile it reminded me of the miami game, but instead of that debacle we actually made the plays in the second half to get the win.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to Seattle Seahawks