First steps to a first chip

Injury update:

Seahawks-

TBA

49ers

TBA

Danny's .02:

1. Play option on a milk carton

I really thought that while the Saints did a good job of keeping Russ in the pocket, he did a bad job of actually play optioning to the outside. A couple intentional scramble sweeps would have opened things up. I'm hoping we see this at the first sign up stagnation offensively.

2. Responsible Run D

Gore is a guy who can still hit some home runs if the rushing attack is too aggressive and some counter cuts gouge the wave of defenders. I know you can't let him get 4 yards a rush, but the read D should be fine if the Linebackers keep their heads up and the LOB does it's thing behind them.

3. Tricky Pete or conservative Pete?

We all know Pete has been much more conservative this year after suffering from some gambles in his early time with the Hawks. That being said- will this be a body punching match or does Pete want to give a smug look to his nemesis after dialing up something wow?

Predictions-
49ers 17 Seattle 24
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Re: NFC Championship: Seahawks vs 49ers 

Post#2 » by Bulltalk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:56 am

I wonder if I'm actually going to be able to enjoy this game once it starts? :lol: It's harder for me at times to watch games/teams I have an invested interest in than when I played or coached competitively. You have no control over anything other than how you respond to it. In this case, I want to beat the 9ers so bad that I have little to no control over such things.

I'll take a blowout for 800, Alex...
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:19 am

PC says there's a chance KJ Wright might be back for this one. And boy, I hope Percy's ready to go. If we can be at full strength I'm confident that our defense just won't let us lose at home and our offense can do just enough to get the win.

Bulltalk wrote:I wonder if I'm actually going to be able to enjoy this game once it starts?

I probably won't. I'll be on pins and needles if it's remotely close.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:38 am

i do want Harvin back, but I'd decoy him a bunch before dialing up a deathblow play.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:24 am

Danny Darko wrote:i do want Harvin back, but I'd decoy him a bunch before dialing up a deathblow play.

Oh God yes. All hands on deck.

This is good vs. evil. This is the battle of Armageddon.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Bulltalk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:42 am

PS> The Harvin thing is just plain maddening. It's been nothing but a long tease to me. If he wasn't so potentially valuable to us in certain clutch situations/games, I would have deep-sixed it in my mind quite awhile ago. I just wanted to scream when he left the last game with the concussion. Please quit effing teasing me! :lol:

I have to say, I don't want this to bleed into next season. I'm speaking specifically about the hip issue. I don't want to wonder each week if he's going to be playing. I know it may well not be at all his fault; but I also know I don't to be waiting on his uncertain playing status.

I'm sure PC and JS feel the same way about this. I'm sure that sometime between the end of this season and the start of training camp, preferably closer to the end of this season, they will want to have a pretty darn good idea whether or not this hip issue is going to linger on, continue to cause problems in this way. It wouldn't surprise me if a WR is our first pick in the coming draft, if one worth it is there for the taking. There has to be a strong contingency plan in place for this. It's pretty clear that our passing game is our biggest concern.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:23 am

Bulltalk wrote:I'm sure PC and JS feel the same way about this. I'm sure that sometime between the end of this season and the start of training camp, preferably closer to the end of this season, they will want to have a pretty darn good idea whether or not this hip issue is going to linger on, continue to cause problems in this way. It wouldn't surprise me if a WR is our first pick in the coming draft, if one worth it is there for the taking. There has to be a strong contingency plan in place for this. It's pretty clear that our passing game is our biggest concern.

Agreed about the 1st round WR bit. Amongst the WR currently on the roster, I see Harvin as the only true guarantee roster spot. Kearse? Probably coming back. Rice? Cost prohibitive. Baldwin? I think he's a RFA which means he can be retained. Tate? As much as I like what he can offer, what's his market? We need a WR who provided what Rice and Mike Williams did at their peak as Seahawks.

I used to think a guard would be a target in the first round but the line's been fine recently and Bowie looked amazing at LG last week. We still need some depth there but it seems like less of a concern than WR.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Bulltalk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 am

Sweezo wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:I'm sure PC and JS feel the same way about this. I'm sure that sometime between the end of this season and the start of training camp, preferably closer to the end of this season, they will want to have a pretty darn good idea whether or not this hip issue is going to linger on, continue to cause problems in this way. It wouldn't surprise me if a WR is our first pick in the coming draft, if one worth it is there for the taking. There has to be a strong contingency plan in place for this. It's pretty clear that our passing game is our biggest concern.

Agreed about the 1st round WR bit. Amongst the WR currently on the roster, I see Harvin as the only true guarantee roster spot. Kearse? Probably coming back. Rice? Cost prohibitive. Baldwin? I think he's a RFA which means he can be retained. Tate? As much as I like what he can offer, what's his market? We need a WR who provided what Rice and Mike Williams did at their peak as Seahawks.

I used to think a guard would be a target in the first round but the line's been fine recently and Bowie looked amazing at LG last week. We still need some depth there but it seems like less of a concern than WR.

Also agreed about OL. Agreed in that I believed it to be one of our stronger draft needs. I was thinking guard, but now I'm thinking more RT. They also really like this Alvin Bailey guy apparently. Of course you can always make an argument for DL, and TE is a possibility, as Zach Miller may prove to be too pricey for what we get out of him.

But if a WR falls to us, a taller one with hands and speed to fulfill that role you spoke of...why not? Sounds good to me.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Bulltalk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Harvin out. What's new? Fair or not, I'm starting to get that Franklin Gutierrez feeling about him. Always something.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Bulltalk » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:21 am

Yes, my fellow Seahawk homies...WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS F*CKING GAME!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Sweezo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:08 am

Bulltalk wrote:Yes, my fellow Seahawk homies...WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS F*CKING GAME!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

I believe it. It's our house and the pundits can try to minimize it but it's our **** house, and until the Niners prove they can win here there's no reason to expect them to do so. I'm anxious and nervous and I'm going to get up early tomorrow, through some ribs on my smoker, and do this **** proper.

This experience has been so awesome for this community. I don't want to open a can of worms as I know there's good reasons for people in a sports market to root for other teams [such as you with the Bulls, or me with the Ducks] but few things can bring barriers down like rooting for your local sports team. Right now everyone in this city is on the same page, and I'm sure we've all seen people with seemingly no common ground acknowledging each other in the grocery store in a friendly manner just because they're both wearing blue and green. It's awesome. There's nothing else quite like this.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Bulltalk » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:26 am

Sweezo wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:Yes, my fellow Seahawk homies...WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS F*CKING GAME!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

I believe it. It's our house and the pundits can try to minimize it but it's our **** house, and until the Niners prove they can win here there's no reason to expect them to do so. I'm anxious and nervous and I'm going to get up early tomorrow, through some ribs on my smoker, and do this **** proper.

This experience has been so awesome for this community. I don't want to open a can of worms as I know there's good reasons for people in a sports market to root for other teams [such as you with the Bulls, or me with the Ducks] but few things can bring barriers down like rooting for your local sports team. Right now everyone in this city is on the same page, and I'm sure we've all seen people with seemingly no common ground acknowledging each other in the grocery store in a friendly manner just because they're both wearing blue and green. It's awesome. There's nothing else quite like this.

All I can say to that is... :beer:

:rockon:

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Bulltalk » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:10 am

Gee whiz...I posted this thoroughly objective analysis of the game on the General Football Forum, and it was as if some there thought I was being biased, that I actually had a dog in this fight, or something. Some people...

Anybody who dare said the 49ers over the Seahawks can suck Satan's c*ck and and kiss Satan's arse. Ye of little faith. This is good vs. evil. This is the battle of Armageddon. The 49ers are vile. Their ownership is filth. Their coach is a detestable piece of shyt. Their QB is a cesspool of scum. Their fans will be thrown into the lake of fire at the end of days with all the other wretched and damned of the earth. Hate is too nice of a word for the proper regard any decent and dignified human being should hold for anything to do with the 9ers. Anything to do with them is beyond contempt, beyond redemption, and any kinship one feels for them is but a reflection of the depths of depravity one's sad and pitiful soul has sunken to.

But fortunately for all that is good in this life, for the cause of eternal love and truth, the Seahawks, embracing and representing all that is good and right, will prevail once and for all for humankind. Yes, good will defeat evil on this day, light will triumph over the forces of darkness, on this day, on this battlefield, this hallowed ground, the Seahawks, noble warriors and defenders of an ancient and sacred cause and tradition, will remain standing tall in the smokey haze, standing tall upon the blood-drenched field of Armageddon, bathed in the divine grace, the heavenly glory of a victory so long sought for, so long yearned for, so blessed in its scope and consequence that for a brief, yet eternal moment, time itself will stand still, as each and every hope, each and every aching wound in our heart's desire will be healed and soothed, fulfilled and exalted, each and every one in their turn.

Sunday will be such a day.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Sweezo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Man...Bowie's a healthy scratch at LG and they're starting James Carpenter.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,804

Post#15 » by ash_k » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:39 pm

You'd be wise to stick to the Niners forum, friend. That's a 100% trolling.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Sweezo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:58 am

*exhales*

WOOOOOO! Thank you, Kaepernick. Couldn't have done it without you.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#17 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 am

Yeah!!! We did it!

Way to shut up kaep bet the only ripping he's doing is into a box of tissues.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#18 » by mojomarc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:33 am

Fan since the Jack Patera/Jim Zorn/Steve Largent days, but first time posting here. Feels awesome to go back to the big game, and lets hope we can crush our old AFC rivals! Go Hawks!
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Bulltalk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:56 am

Just got back home awhile ago. No words. Just effing exhilarated.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Sweezo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:38 am

Bulltalk wrote:Just got back home awhile ago. No words. Just effing exhilarated.

I'm worn out. That was an emotional experience and I'm drained.

I'm watching highlights [because nothing else is capable of holding my interest right now]. They showed Kaep's long near TD run where Kam chased him down from behind despite having lots of ground to make up. Which made me look up some NFL combine stats from back in the day:

Kam Chancellor's 40 Yrd Dash: 4.62
Colin Kaepernick's 40 Yrd Dash: 4.53

Some players just want it more when the ammunition is live.

Return to Seattle Seahawks