2017 Game 1: Dolphins at Seahawks

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Re: 2017 Game 1: Dolphins at Seahawks 

Post#21 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:14 pm

We need our offense to perform much better if the team is to be a serious contender
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#22 » by Danny Darko » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:15 pm

wow just wow... let's hope it gets better from here though
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#23 » by Danny Darko » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:27 am

Post game observations:

WRs:
Angry Doug is still on fire and worth his contract
Kearse is probably going to develop a rep for offensive interference at this rate
Richardson is garbage and not as fast as he used to be, so what good is he?

RBs:
Rawls didn't look 100%
Posise didn't see much real action
Michael is legit

QB:
Still think Russell hurt us for most of 2 quarters

OLine:
Far worse in run push on short downs than I anticipated, but considering no Ifedi and how our lines have been cheap and come together late in the season, they are a little ahead of last years crew. The Dolphins are a bunch of bull rushers with size and our OLine is big. Curious to see what they do with a speed rushing scheme.

Secondary:
People just avoid Sherm these days.
Lane/Shead were both pretty good and I think we have very good nickel personnel.
Earl... wtf Earl? Get your act together.

X Factor:
Cassius Marsh... he was great... several kick stops, the blocked fg, and the diving tackle late on the QB.
Honorable mention: Reed was as stout as advertised and looks like he's going to rack up batted passes.

y/Why? factor:
Frese must be cut immediately. I saw 3 ugly snaps out of that guy, he just plain sucks. Even if we don't grab Gresham I bet there are old vets without jobs that will be way better.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:37 am

Danny Darko wrote:Post game observations:

WRs:
Angry Doug is still on fire and worth his contract
Kearse is probably going to develop a rep for offensive interference at this rate
Richardson is garbage and not as fast as he used to be, so what good is he?

RBs:
Rawls didn't look 100%
Posise didn't see much real action
Michael is legit

QB:
Still think Russell hurt us for most of 2 quarters

OLine:
Far worse in run push on short downs than I anticipated, but considering no Ifedi and how our lines have been cheap and come together late in the season, they are a little ahead of last years crew. The Dolphins are a bunch of bull rushers with size and our OLine is big. Curious to see what they do with a speed rushing scheme.

Secondary:
People just avoid Sherm these days.
Lane/Shead were both pretty good and I think we have very good nickel personnel.
Earl... wtf Earl? Get your act together.

X Factor:
Cassius Marsh... he was great... several kick stops, the blocked fg, and the diving tackle late on the QB.
Honorable mention: Reed was as stout as advertised and looks like he's going to rack up batted passes.

y/Why? factor:
Frese must be cut immediately. I saw 3 ugly snaps out of that guy, he just plain sucks. Even if we don't grab Gresham I bet there are old vets without jobs that will be way better.

Earl seemed to whiff on several occasions. Not sure what that was about. I mentioned that the line was bullied & it definitely was for the majority of the game. Too many penalties. We were very fortunate this game. Russ was hurt & it showed. His worst game in a while. Not much good other than the win. Marsh was indeed special. Maybe the only bright spot. The FG block & special teams coverage was outstanding.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
C-Melo Man
Junior
And1: 197

Post#25 » by C-Melo Man » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 am

That was too close for a team that should've dominated from the get go. I'm glad that Russell's ankle injury doesn't look too serious, but it was hard watching him be nearly immobile. The offensive line did all they could without their first round pick out there, but have to do a lot better for the matchup vs. our kryptonite the Rams.

Sent from my LG-H345 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Seattle Seahawks