2017 NFL Draft Thread (Seahawks Edition)

Cactus Jack
General Manager
And1: 4,540

Re: 2017 NFL Draft Thread (Seahawks Edition) 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:38 am

Another trade back with SF. Pick 31 for picks 34 & 111.
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 3,157

Post#22 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:52 am

No more trading back please. Hell combine a couple of those picks we obtained to pick for an extra 2nd rounder. Draft Forest Lamp or Cam Robinson with the 34th and maybe another OL with our own 2nd
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:24 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:No more trading back please. Hell combine a couple of those picks we obtained to pick for an extra 2nd rounder. Draft Forest Lamp or Cam Robinson with the 34th and maybe another OL with our own 2nd

Agree on Lamp. Robinson is more of a project.
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:33 am

JustinCredible
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,456

Post#25 » by JustinCredible » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

That was kind of a strange interview. Schneider didn't come across as someone that seems to have some master plan.

Although I'm sure it is weird to do an interview when you still don't want your cards on the table. They didn't seem thrilled though. I'm guessing they missed out on the guy they really wanted. Likely the OL from Utah we speculated on.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:25 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

That was kind of a strange interview. Schneider didn't come across as someone that seems to have some master plan.

Although I'm sure it is weird to do an interview when you still don't want your cards on the table. They didn't seem thrilled though. I'm guessing they missed out on the guy they really wanted. Likely the OL from Utah we speculated on.

John said they didn't miss out of anyone that they had graded at pick 26. They wanted Bolles. They likely take one of the CB's or Lamp at 34.
JustinCredible
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by JustinCredible » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

John said they didn't miss out of anyone that they had graded at pick 26. They wanted Bolles. They likely take one of the CB's or Lamp at 34.

Yea I'd be pretty happy with Lamp or Kevin King. Sad that we missed out on TJ Watt but they must not have wanted him. I'd be thrilled with LB Vince Biegel at some point today. Going into the year he was the Badgers best defensive player and he just gets the job done. He missed some time this year with an injury and while he won't impress as a physical specimen, he can flat out play (much like Chris Borland who was a stud for the Niners before shockingly calling it quits).

JustinCredible
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by JustinCredible » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Guys I like with our first pick tonight:

S Budda Baker
OL Forrest Lamp
CB Kevin King
CB Quincy Wilson
OL Cam Robinson

I think Budda Baker will be the best pro of the bunch but he doesn't really fit a need right now. Although we could use him as a nickel corner until we are ready to have him replace Kam or Earl.
JustinCredible
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by JustinCredible » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 pm

CB Sidney Jones is another guy I'd be thrilled with. He was projected as one of the best corners in the draft until he got injured on his pro day. Doctors expect him back in September. If we could walk away with him and another CB then it makes it much easier to trade Sherman after this season.

Sidney Jones looks like an amazing ball hawk.
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:13 pm

JustinCredible wrote:CB Sidney Jones is another guy I'd be thrilled with. He was projected as one of the best corners in the draft until he got injured on his pro day. Doctors expect him back in September. If we could walk away with him and another CB then it makes it much easier to trade Sherman after this season.

Sidney Jones looks like an amazing ball hawk.

He is. Problem is the Achilles injury. He likely won't be ready by September imo. It takes 9-12 months to fully recover. I would consider him late 3rd. Maybe our 4th if he's still around.
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Read on Twitter

Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks made two trades last night -- one we predicted Tuesday, but the other was a bit of a surprise. As a result they have the second pick of the second round when the draft starts tonight. Three of the players I’m told they like -- Kevin King, Forrest Lamp and Chidobe Awuzie -- are still available. This is how you work the draft.

http://draftanalyst.com/winners-losers-day-1
JustinCredible
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by JustinCredible » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Eh on McDowell. Hopefully he stays motivated but that's not the greatest sign if that is his weakness.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#33 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:09 am

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Why do they hate Russel Wilson? If they liked Russel they would get him some damn protection on the offensive line :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:10 am

I trust Pete & John. Preferred Lamp. But, whatever.
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#35 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:13 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Why do they hate Russel Wilson? If they liked Russel they would get him some damn protection on the offensive line :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This pick screams Robert Nkemdiche. Huge upside but underachiever.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#36 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:17 am

Cactus Jack wrote:I trust Pete & John. Preferred Lamp. But, whatever.

I want to trust them but it was so hard last season watching that offensive line they put out there last season. i feel that it cost us on every level last season I believe it was so bad it hurt us not only offensively but defensively as by the end of many games the defense was worn down from being constantly on the field
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#37 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 am

Finally an o-lineman. A center. Still need to add tackles
Cactus Jack
General Manager

Post#38 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:30 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:Finally an o-lineman. A center. Still need to add tackles

He's going to play Right Tackle according to reports.
JustinCredible
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by JustinCredible » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:54 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Brandon-Clyde wrote:Finally an o-lineman. A center. Still need to add tackles

He's going to play Right Tackle according to reports.

No chance he is a Tackle with his crappy athleticism and combine scores. Edge ushers would eat him alive. I'm guessing he is a guard.
Yunsen
Junior
And1: 132

Post#40 » by Yunsen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:57 am

Having not really followed college football, I've liked what we've drafted for need so far. Besides more OL, I'd like a LB in the 6th or 7th round for insurance.

Return to Seattle Seahawks