2018 offseason thread

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Re: 2018 offseason thread 

Post#201 » by Danny Darko » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:31 pm

yeah Pete called out how disappointed he was with Ifedi.

I'd say Jamarco is started to edge him out. The last Pete conference seemed to point to that.
I like the narrative of a guy who doesn't measure ideally but just gets **** done in the end. Ifedi is such a bummer with his athletic talent.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#202 » by Danny Darko » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:10 am

Read on Twitter

crap, but not as bad as Guice or Prosise's constant broken everything.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Post#203 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

crap, but not as bad as Guice or Prosise's constant broken everything.

Please don't be another Prosise! :banghead:

This is why I really wanted them to take Will Hernandez. Rb's can be found later on in the draft (i.e. Carson). But, stud o-lineman are obviously harder to come by.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#204 » by Danny Darko » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Good luck to one of our all time greats

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#205 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Pete Carroll: Seattle's Roster Changes Feels Like College

The Seattle Seahawks have gone through as much roster upheaval as any still competitive team in recent memory.

Pete Carroll compares the experience to his time at USC.

“This feels like when you’re in college,” Carroll said. “That senior class graduated—those guys that did all the playing for you. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t have a good team next time around. New players, new coaches. There’s new juice about everything that we’re doing. I go back and do all my teaching again. I’m really happy about it.”

“I mean, this is what the league is now," said John Schneider. "We move guys all the time. For a while, we were able to reward guys here at the top of their positions. Then we had to make decisions—who to keep and who not to keep—and we got the bad injury news on Cliff Avril and Kam Chancellor [forced to retire due to injuries]. We didn’t see those coming.

“But there’s another thing. You know Pete. He preaches competition, open competition, every single day. It’s hard to preach that when you got the best corner and the best free safety and the best strong safety and the best middle linebacker, all young, and you know those guys are locked in there. They were the youngest team to win it all. You don’t tear that apart.

“Now, this. It’s fun. Lots of enthusiasm. So much spirit, so much new. It’s pretty cool.”

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/40985/Pete-Carroll-Seattles-Roster-Changes-Feels-Like-College
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#206 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 1, 2018 6:02 pm

Well damn.

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#207 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 3, 2018 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sweezy & Fant are going to play before too long. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#208 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 7, 2018 5:32 pm

The Dynasty That Never Was: Inside the Unraveling of the Seattle Seahawks

As they grew into Super Bowl contenders, the Seahawks—especially the Legion of Boom defense—prided themselves on a ruthless internal competitiveness that lifted everyone and was the foundation of an NFL championship. But some former and current Seattle players say a growing rift developed, based largely on the special treatment some felt was afforded quarterback Russell Wilson. Now the team they believed was set up for a long run of success has been torn up and rebuilt around Wilson. Did it have to go down like this?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/07/seattle-seahawks-dismantling-rift-russell-wilson-pete-carroll?utm_source=reddit.com
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#209 » by Danny Darko » Sat Sep 8, 2018 10:51 pm

wow a QB got special treatment?
I think the problem was that they didn't have even an average line and Russ was getting slaughtered. In order to keep Russ, who is a hard to replace talent at QB, they had to keep him happy despite the line that the FO should have addressed. Further complication was the expense of all those dudes talking trash now.

Bottom line- Pete likes youth because he has a pretty repetitive message that doesn't really evolve. Pete is one of the very best with young teams and he basically video game drafted the LOB and made them stars with his DB-centric system. Pete drives me nuts in a few areas, but I'm not worried about him having to deal with all this youth and I'm not worried that Russ got special treatment. Hopefully Schotty is going to be a good thing for Russ who does need to tighten a few things and improve (holding the ball too long, selling play action fake)

Return to Seattle Seahawks