Image Image Image Image

Welcome Cubs fans! Where are you all from?

Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Welcome Cubs fans! Where are you all from? 

Post#1 » by Neusch23 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:58 pm

I know that there are Cubs fans all over the world, and now with this new board I am just currious where some of you are from, and what your plans are to catch Cubs games this season.

I am from Green Bay, Wisc. I usually catch at least one game of all of the Cubs series vs the Brew Crew.

Miller park usually looks like and extention of wriggley when ever the Cubs come to town.

Over the past several years I have also tried to make at least one trip to Chi to see the Cubs play.

I was a brewers fan until 1987 when my dad took me to see my first Cubs game in Chicago.

I have to say that I fell in the love with the stadium, and felt that was how baseball was meant to be shown and displayed.

It wasn't all bells and whistles, it was old school baseball entertainment. Ever since that day I have been a Cubs fan, even at the dismay of my father!

I have been to several parks and stadiums thoughout the country, and none comapre to Wrig.
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:13 pm

I grew up on the north side of Chicago. Yes, actually IN Chicago. I'm one of those people who gets a bit :-? when suburban people claim to be from Chicago despite being a good 30-50 minutes outside the city.

Anywho, I grew up in Rogers Park, which is a short trip north on the CTA's red line, 7-8 stops. I've been a Cubs fan for as long as I can remember, the Cubs are actually the only Chicago sports team I took a liking to.

I spent about $700 on tickets when they went on-sale this year, amounting to 5 Saturday games; 2 games (4 tickets) are upper deck seats, 3 games (4 tickets) are for bleachers. Cardinals/Brewers/Astros/Braves are the opponents. There is really no better place in the world to be than the Wrigley Field bleachers on a Saturday in summer, watching the Cubs. 8)

I live/work in Ann Arbor, so it'll be a bit of a trek back to Chicago, but I'm used to it. I'm also hoping to make it to Pittsburgh for a game or two, and possibly even Milwaukee. I hear Miller Park is a great place to see a game and I have some friends who are Brewers fans.

Oh, and DirecTV succeeded in getting me to ditch Comcast. I need my MLB Extra Innings package!

Here's to a fun, healthy year. :beer:
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#3 » by CousinOfDeath » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm from a suburb called River Forest, only 15-20 minutes away from downtown Chicago. I have lived here for my entire life (only 14 years) and been a Cubs fan all my life.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
SephCast
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#4 » by SephCast » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:39 pm

Lombard, but as of this moment I'm a student at the University of Illinois in Champaign.
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#5 » by ORL » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:50 pm

Born in Serbia, moved to Orlando in 1998, became a Cubs' fan the following year as soon as I began to understand the game. I was off during summer break, had nothing to do during the day, and I would gradually tune into WGN more and more and just got hooked.

I'm still in Orlando, a student at UCF.
fuzion
Banned User

Post#6 » by fuzion » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:01 pm

Born and raised up as a Cubs fan. I currently live in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Look forward to chatting here up with you all fellow Cub fans! Hopefully Cubs start out good today and win!
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,981

Post#7 » by Jo Jo English » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:33 pm

2poor wrote:I grew up on the north side of Chicago. Yes, actually IN Chicago. I'm one of those people who gets a bit :-? when suburban people claim to be from Chicago despite being a good 30-50 minutes outside the city.

I think that is usually done more when suburban folks are describing where they are from to people who don't live in the area. Like if I am talking to an uncle who lives in Tennessee he doesn't have a frame of reference if I say I am living in Glendale Heights. It may not be accurate, but I can understand why people do it. I don't think you'd find many (at least I hope not) people who live in, say Elmhurst, describing themselves as Chicago residents if they are talking to someone from Bensenville.

But anyway... I am from Glendale Heights, as I already said, and LET'S GO CUBBIES!!! Time to grab the first icey cold beer of the day.
Robert23
Starter
And1: 18

Post#8 » by Robert23 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:57 pm

V
|
|
|
|
|
|
<
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#9 » by Susan » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:30 pm

Jo Jo English wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think that is usually done more when suburban folks are describing where they are from to people who don't live in the area. Like if I am talking to an uncle who lives in Tennessee he doesn't have a frame of reference if I say I am living in Glendale Heights. It may not be accurate, but I can understand why people do it. I don't think you'd find many (at least I hope not) people who live in, say Elmhurst, describing themselves as Chicago residents if they are talking to someone from Bensenville.

But anyway... I am from Glendale Heights, as I already said, and LET'S GO CUBBIES!!! Time to grab the first icey cold beer of the day.

Dang, you knew I was coming. Bensenville here.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:04 pm

Indianapolis. Much more of an Orioles fan, but have seen so many Cubs games over the years that they grew on me. Plus, my older brothers are huge Cubs fans, so it's very easy to get a good discussion going at family gatherings and whatnot.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#11 » by The Sheik » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:56 pm

Parents split up Mom moved to Naperville so I lived in SLC, UT during the school yrs and ILL in the summer. Been a cubs fan for about 8yrs, love anytime I go watch a game at Wrigley.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#12 » by SportsWorld » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:58 pm

I am from the Northwest suburbs of Chicago and I have been a Cubs fan my whole life.
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#13 » by Posey H8er » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:54 pm

I am originally from Oak Park IL, but now I live in Bloomingdale.
Ruben Douglas
Veteran
And1: 25

Post#14 » by Ruben Douglas » Wed Apr 4, 2007 12:42 am

A suburb just north of Chicago called Milwaukee.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#15 » by blumeany » Wed Apr 4, 2007 1:06 pm

BAH! The burbs ARE part of Chicago, don't fool yourself! We just have ample parking! :P

Currently reside in Bolingbrook (45 mins SW of Chicago proper, 30 the way I drive)
Born in enemy territory (South Side) :D

Return to Chicago Cubs