Remembering Rob Bironas

Moderator: SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Remembering Rob Bironas 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:45 am

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Remember-Rob-Bironas-on-Anniversary-of-Passing/ecc068dd-2da9-44a2-9edd-4dfcadf7aa9e

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A framed photo featuring Rob Bironas is tucked inside the locker of Titans punter Brett Kern at the team’s practice facility.

It shows the former Titans kicker celebrating one of his game-winning kicks, this one against the Steelers in 2012. Kern, his teammate and close friend, was right there with him that night, just like so many times before.

View Gallery | 90 Photos

The Titans Career of Rob Bironas
Another photo taken alongside Bironas decorates a canvas in Kern’s locker, one that includes long snapper Beau Brinkley. It was taken earlier that same season, as the three Titans walked onto the field prior to another game.

A Bible verse, Psalm 23:4, is inscribed on the surface: “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

The snapshots provide lasting memories of Bironas, who remains in the minds of his friends and former teammates one year after his death.

“He was a great teammate, and friend,’’ Kern said of Bironas. “I miss him, his text messages, his smile, and poker night at his house.

“There’s probably not a day or two that goes by without me thinking about him, and what happened. I remember it like it was yesterday.”

It’s been one year since the weekend Bironas lost his life in a tragic car accident near his home. On the night of September 20, 2014, the former Titans kicker lost control on a curve in his 2009 GMC Yukon Denali and crashed after 11 p.m., less than a mile from home.

Return to Tennessee Titans