Best Stadium In MLB Contest! (AL Central)

Moderator: TyCobb

What is the best stadium in the AL Central?

Total votes: 0

SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Best Stadium In MLB Contest! (AL Central) 

Post#1 » by SportsWorld » Mon Apr 9, 2007 11:49 pm

I've decided to do a poll of each teams stadium and REALGM gets to decide which team has the coolest stadium in the MLB!

The tournament will work like a playoff system, each poll running for two days. The winner of each group will go to an AL or a NL final.

Keep Voting in the AL EAST one it ends tonight.

Jacobs Field

Metrodome

Kaufmann Stadium

Comerica Park

US Cellular Field

My Rankings:
1) Comerica
2) US Cellular
3) Jacobs
4) Kauffman
5) Metrodome
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Black Jesus 1 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 11:53 pm

Comerica
Jacobs
Kauffman
US Cellular
Metrodump..I mean dome*
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#3 » by TyCobb » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:35 am

Jacobs Field. That place is beautiful, too bad the weather isn't.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
NeverGoingToWin
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#4 » by NeverGoingToWin » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:50 am

My Rankings:
1) Comerica
2) Jacobs
3) US Cellular
4) Kauffman
5) Metrodome
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#5 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:50 am

Jacobs. Comerica is cool too, but the rest of them look like dumps.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#6 » by Jose7 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:00 am

Comerica
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#7 » by TMU » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:45 am

Comerica
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#8 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:54 am

Kauffman
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Bow2Yao11
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Bow2Yao11 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 am

Comerica
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
majorleads
Banned User

Post#10 » by majorleads » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:14 am

I have been to

Kauffman Stadium when it had artificial turf
US Cellular
Metrodome

Haven't been to Jacobs or Comerica

My rankings

1.Jacobs Field based on appearance and what others have to say

2.Kauffman Stadium LOVED that ballpark. Sure it's in the middle of nowhere, but once you get there it's like a little piece of heaven sitting in nowheresville

3.Comerica the view looks nice, however I'm more in favor of ballparks with seats that are built more steep as opposed to out and away from the field

4.US Cellular I really hated this ballpark. Already outdated. I thought the atmosphere was kind of dull. But it does look like they've improved it a lot from when I was there. I did like the old Comiskey Park!

5.Metrodome ehhh I hate baseball in dome stadiums and played on artificial turf. Sooooo not baseball.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,800

Post#11 » by Triple M » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:51 am

it has got to be jacobs feild than i would go with comerica than us Cellular when the new twins stadium gets built it will be the best though.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#12 » by B Mac » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:14 am

This is easily Jacobs Field. Its one of the top ballparks in the league.
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by kg2005 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:26 am

I picked the dome. I'm just a homer like that.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#14 » by L&H_05 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:30 am

This should be a landslide..

I've been to everyone except Kauffman, out of this group, so I can't refer to that one.. White Sox and Twins parks are a joke..

Comerica is alright IMO... Like Milwaukee, and Cincinnati, the designers of Comerica made way to many mistakes in building that stadium.. For a so called "new stadium" like those other two- it's not that impressive..There's nothing unique about it... Although like Cleveland, it's a major upgrade to the former...

The Jake is a top 5 park in the entire game of baseball...The design was ahead of it's time.. Sitting right in the heart of downtown, with the open centerfield and the left field home run porch that looks over the city skyline.. No to mention the biggest scoreboard in baseball on top of the Mini Monster in left field makes for an incredible design..

The inclining Terrace club windows down the 3rd baseline is incredible, and the Mezzanine out in right field really pulls off the triple deck affair with style..
Kaizen
Starter
And1: 22

Post#15 » by Kaizen » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Comerica Park
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#16 » by Icness » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:05 pm

L&H_05 wrote:This should be a landslide..

I've been to everyone except Kauffman, out of this group, so I can't refer to that one.. White Sox and Twins parks are a joke..

Comerica is alright IMO... Like Milwaukee, and Cincinnati, the designers of Comerica made way to many mistakes in building that stadium.. For a so called "new stadium" like those other two- it's not that impressive..There's nothing unique about it... Although like Cleveland, it's a major upgrade to the former...

The Jake is a top 5 park in the entire game of baseball...The design was ahead of it's time.. Sitting right in the heart of downtown, with the open centerfield and the left field home run porch that looks over the city skyline.. No to mention the biggest scoreboard in baseball on top of the Mini Monster in left field makes for an incredible design..

The inclining Terrace club windows down the 3rd baseline is incredible, and the Mezzanine out in right field really pulls off the triple deck affair with style..

I'm totally with you on Comerica and the Jake. It's the difference between going to a deluxe bakery to get a croissant or heading to WalMart and buying a cruller. The cruller is nice and you like it and it's better than the generic Cheerios you used to have for breakfast, but then you get the croissant and you realize that this is how to enjoy life.

New Comiskey (US Cell, whatever) is blah. It's one of the very few parks where it's better to sit in the upper deck than on field level though.

The Metrodome needs to be imploded. Can't wait for the new park though.

Never been to Kauffman but it looks beautiful and everyone I know who has been there loved it.

1. Jacobs Field
2. Kauffman
3. Comerica
4. US Cell
5. Metrodome
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#17 » by mizzoupacers » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Kauffman is a very nice ballpark, especially considering the unaesthetic era in which it was built (1973). The fountains and giant crown atop the scoreboard are pretty cool. I like going to games there.

Never been to any of the other AL Central fields, unfortunately.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#18 » by Icness » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:13 am

mizzoupacers wrote:Kauffman is a very nice ballpark, especially considering the unaesthetic era in which it was built (1973). The fountains and giant crown atop the scoreboard are pretty cool. I like going to games there.

Never been to any of the other AL Central fields, unfortunately.

Do you know how they were able to avoid the cookie cutter, multi-purpose stadiums of that era like the Vet, Three Rivers, Riverfront? It's pretty remarkable that such a beautiful ballpark got built in a small market in that time.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#19 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:50 pm

These aren't even particularly good pictures of Jacobs field, but I think it is the best looking of these stadiums
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#20 » by mizzoupacers » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Icness wrote:Do you know how they were able to avoid the cookie cutter, multi-purpose stadiums of that era like the Vet, Three Rivers, Riverfront? It's pretty remarkable that such a beautiful ballpark got built in a small market in that time.

I don't really know the story behind it. Although the Kansas City Chiefs already had Arrowhead, so a multi-purpose stadium was not necessary.

Arrowhead is right next to Kauffman, it's all together in a big sports park right off of I-70. It's a nice set-up, except that the two stadiums share this huge-ass parking lot, and the Royals employ overzealous parking attendants who make you drive around in circles for half an hour before finally ushering you to your parking space. Not that I am complaining...overall, Royals games are great--nice ballpark, and some of the lowest ticket prices in MLB.

Return to The General MLB Board